Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

X-O posted:

You know what I miss that I thought maybe was coming back a couple years back? Marvel doing crossover stories in annuals. There was a good one with Spider-Man, The Inhumans, and Captain America. And then another with Nova, Iron Man, and the X-Men. I loved the ones they used to do in the '90s. They were never high quality reads but they were often fun. Stuff like Atlantis Attacks, Terminus Factor, Korvac Quest, Kings of Pain, Citizen Kang, and so on.

Those were great. I also loved the Summer Specials, Winter Specials, etc. A bunch of stories featuring different characters, some of which you wouldn't normally read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Rage was an attempt at a Billy Batson Captail Marvel type character where it's a kid who transforms into an adult. Darkhawk was the same way, and was around at the same time. They both ended up in the New Warriors, where Rage got a better costume.

Ditto for Slapstick. And maybe Sleepwalker? But that guy might've been older.

That a was weird time for "new" comic characters in Marvel, where they were all kids or black men on skateboards.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Does anybody know of any good articles or blog entries about the New Gods/Fourth World stuff?

I've got this and I need the shelf space if you want to make an offer. I think AMazon's listed price is ridiculous.

https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Kirbys-Fourth-World-Omnibus/dp/1401213448/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

• Locked thread