Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

He probably views MRAs and feminists as opposites, one advocating the superiority of men vs. the other advocating the superiority of women. Only he is enlightened enough to understand that true equality lies somewhere in the middle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

is it possible we could actually get this bitch up to 64 pages before february though?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Looks like how they used to draw Leech's face

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

Mental breakdown.

Or possibly extremely long-form performance art. I guess this is poe's law in action. It's a real shame.

Speaking of beloved webcomics disappearing forever, if anyone has an archive of Bear & Kitten strips please post them.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah, I don't actually think that. I just hope he gets help. Although if anyone in the internet era is Andy Kaufman good it would absolutely be the PFSC guy. That Michael Keaton twitter he ran for a while was insane surrealist comedy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mr Hootington posted:

gently caress...my work pants are being held together by 4 strings in the crotch area. Please lord last the day! 😬😓

gently caress this Rhyno clown, this guy's having real problems.

Welcome back Squizzle

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Madkal posted:

It always amazes me how good an artist Kieth can be when he wants to be.

Also Nick Cave is awesome, you lucky bastard.

Sam Keith is always good, fucker

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Howard Chaykin is awesome like 85% of the time.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

Why would adult Bobby have that haircut?

He went to a barbershop in the DC universe by mistake.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Iceman: I'm gay

Prof. X: that boy ain't right

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

joehonkie posted:

That's the association I think you'd painfully try to avoid. Especially since most people don't grasp the whole "pre/post/earth-616" etc.

Yeah but nobody reads the comics

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The difference is Hank Pym was defined very early on as the dude who hit his wife, if he'd just been a superhero for a few decades and then someone wrote a story where he hit his wife, it wouldn't be such a defining moment. Like how nobody primarily thinks of Wolverine as a caveman with no nose despite that being a thing for about as long as Dr. Light was a rapist.

But it's DC so it's just a matter of time until he's raping someone or having his arm ripped off by the hot new villain Dr. Rape

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Well "Hank Pym: Wifebeater" was a well worn joke back in Wizard in the early 90s so I don't think you can blame the ultimate universe on that one. I think it's more that Hank is a lovely character with little to no personality beyond "nerd, can't stick with a superhero identity, hits his wife". So that's all anybody remembers about him.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah I can name like 5 incredibly iconic things Peter did in the Ditko/Lee run alone, Hank has done 2 iconic things in 50 years and one of them was beating the poo poo out of his wife.

What is the other thing? Ultron, right?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

That's exactly how we got the Justice Lords. :colbert:

I'm super salty because ever since Trump was elected and Nazis got punched, now everyone wants to dismantle the democratic process in favor of goodness through forced means like I've been saying for ages. I'm like the mythical seer Cassandra, cursed to always be right but never be believed.

Violence is acceptable as a means of excising virulent, existential threats to the common welfare and safety of the people, clear and present dangers to free society, not as a form of enforcing "goodness" or a sustained system of government. Most people who support punching Nazis are also against police brutality and the death penalty. Hth

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Endless Mike posted:

Two Nazis got punched and they're already having an existential crisis and have openly stated that if they can't be in public they can't win. I'm firmly in support of Nazi punching.

Turns out the extreme right are the actual snowflakes who need safe spaces or else they become triggered and literally shake.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I don't think even the most generous observer would refer to my day-to-day life as "coping"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

One of the greatest of all time. Existing at this point in space and time is so exhausting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Madkal posted:

Fake news!

You're just lucky that I didn't add a picture of the Black Bomber due to sheer laziness.

Yours has a typo in the title, sorry, I think you lost this one

• Locked thread