Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I'm so, so sorry, Rhyno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Soonmot posted:

Pants chat: stay away from normal texture, you want that super smooth fabric. I've got some shorts from khols that have lasted a year when, previously, they'd wear out in about three months of use.

What the blue gently caress are you doing to wear shorts out in three months?

God drat, I have jeans that are older than some SA posters, that I wear on lazy weekends.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

purple death ray posted:

Welcome back Squizzle

Thanks. I really like your new name.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, that's the best part.

:feelsgood:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Heathen posted:

Hank Pym has been around since before Avengers #1 in 1963.

Hank hit Janet in Avengers 213 in 1981.

Did Hank beat the poo poo out of Janet in the Ultimates? Because in 213 it was a backhand that left her with a blackeye. I don't think that counts as beating the poo poo out of someone.

Halfway through the incredibly popular (at the time) first volume of Ultimates, yeah. The issue was titled Giant Man vs the Wasp.

:nms: Unironic trigger warning for severe spousal abuse/domestic violence: :nms:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

It's not just the physical abuse, either—Pym serves up a cornucopia of deplorable poo poo there. He starts by basically slut-shaming; then tells her that being a minority is shameful and she had god drat well hope she can keep passing; then hits her for not respecting him enough; then, after his "oh no, I never meant to, baby darling let me help" fails, he accuses her of starting the fight; and, moreover, that she always does starts the fights (but "ends up worse" from them).

On a technical level, it's actually an impressively authentic depiction of an abusive, controlling husband/partner. I have no loving idea why anyone thought it was a good thing to put in a goddamn Avengers comic, but there you go.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

No, I don't think they did it because of a Toys R Us shopping spree.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Not until you make this shirt:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Just the picture. As far as I know, no one's made a shirt of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Keep both threads plus this thread open because oversight is a pre-Trumpian concept.

• Locked thread