Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's a Captain America quote.

Also, he says he's not an MRA but then says he's anti-egalitarian as if that's an entirely different thing??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Like, with a cheque inside or something? Barbaric.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You're confusing the answer.

The question isn't why is Superman weak to magic. The question is why do you think he wouldn't be? Everyone else who doesn't have magic powers is too.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Actually I think his complaint is mostly that you have to explicitly show the magical item loving up a tank because you can't have magic inconsistently obey the laws of physics somehow.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

What if tanks are strong against magic because their steel armour plating contains iron particles, which as we all know protects against ensorcellment and canonically acts as a kryptonite for the Seelie and their magic within the DC universe.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Thor wins in Marvel universe, Superman wins in DC universe.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

"It's important we distinguish between violent sex offenders, like my client who is accused of the non-violent act of economically sustaining the violation of children from the age of 1, and actual violent violent sex offenders like ones a 70 year old white man might imagine who break into an adult stranger's home and hold them down while doing it. There's a big difference, so don't lump them together." - a lawyer who is convinced their client is guilty.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Please do not ironically disparage the work of art that is Meet the Feebles.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I think it's okay to enjoy the works of a detestable person.

It's not okay to argue that someone can't be detestable because you enjoy their works.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Having since read it, the stuff posted in the funny panels thread from Captain America #17 were so ridiculously cherry-picked to get outraged about.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

WickedHate posted:

Can people think something is dumb and stupid without it being labeled outrage?
Yes.

I think repeatedly engaging in a page-long thread derail using out of context quotes that are explicitly countered by the full text easily crosses the large grey area between the two.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

That is just my opinion, though. I apologise for my choice of words if you feel "outraged" was perhaps too strong a descriptor for the occurrence. "Thing I strongly feel needs to be said repeatedly instead of simply moving on" is probably more accurate, but hasn't entered the lexicon yet.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Like, the activists are ridiculously over the top in every single panel. "Consider this your trigger warning" is dumb and stupid, but all of their dialogue is that level of over the top stupid to the point of farce. They're supposed to be extremists but even when they are trying to murder someone they aren't portrayed as villainous or hostile as the Tomi character who does nothing in the issue but talk.

The page posted as Sam Wilson "apologising" to Steve Rogers. Steve Rogers isn't in the entire comic, let alone the same room. He's alone and just expressing his exasperation at now being on the other side of dealing with a passionate sidekick he can't control.

This panel where he's giving Rage the talk about compromising and toning it down?

That ellipsis is him in the very next panel saying "but you were right earlier - I would've played it safe and that would've been the wrong decision. I need you to keep reminding me not to compromise." Which goes back to his 'apology' and what I would say is the point of the issue, that is him realising he's now the conservative whose instinct is to moderate his radical younger associates but trying to bring that into balance with knowing how important radicalism is having once been one.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I was reading Acts of Vengeance earlier in the week and oh god Night Thrasher really did get too excited and needed Namorita to help him chill out.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

corrosive ball sweat

Or just a poorly sized pair chosen based on the waist rather than overall fit so that it has minor stressing at the full range of motion.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

That's probably why everyone is worried about you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

A few years ago I had a work friend die in a fairly horrible way, and while I wasn't particularly close to them it was quite affecting because that had really been my choice, and it wasn't until speaking to a professional that I figured out that I was feeling guilty about it. There's a lot to be said for the stabilising normalcy of just getting back into things in the wake of a loss, but it sounds like you're having trouble processing it, and either confronting it yourself or having a professional help you surface and/or confront the unresolved issues you have with her passing may make it easier to accept.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Oh, well the answer is because it's a poorly written mess of a show that doesn't hold up well as an adaptation of the comics or a companion piece to the movies.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I bet it was their senior marketing manager Jon Osterman.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I've only ever read Heroes of the Equinox, but I really enjoyed it. Actually, it probably had a decent amount to do with my tastes in comics since I found it in the school library and of course had to read it because I'd finished all the Asterix and there were titties in it. I don't recall it being particularly wordy, but there were definitely ideas behind it that it wanted to explore more than just being an action space-opera. One of the things that stuck with me was the cool lettering the alien heroes had for their own languages.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

It's still the same Hank Pym so you're not wrong to still call him that.
The original Hank was shot into the sun and wiped out of existence during Secret Wars.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Rhyno posted:

At the time that Peter hit MJ he wasn't the "real" Peter and it was part of the plan to tarnish Pete and put Ben in his place.
Weird how nobody brings up that Hank was in the middle of a full-blown mental breakdown to excuse him doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I think we should all rely on the words of one of the pre-eminent minds of the civil rights movement.

"We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us"

• Locked thread