Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I know it's a super iconic example of crazy super hero stuff but the fact that the wood gun BROKE Magneto will always make it my favorite thing. Like it wasn't good enough to just have him go 'oh fuuuuck I was expecting that to be metal, you got me Richards!' The concept of a gun he couldn't magnet up just destroyed Magneto's brain in every possible way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I don't get why 'the sword would hurt him as much as anyone else' is a weak thing. Swords hurt people really fuckin well. The entire point of the magic sword making Superman treat a sword like a normal person would is that swords tend to kill normal people really easy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Chaos Hippy posted:

That's entirely correct. We're only specifying "as vulnerable as anyone else" in contrast to kryptonite, which will gently caress him up just from being in the vicinity. With a magic sword you still have make the effort of running him through.

fair point there yea, there is still that level of scaling.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea, thankfully it sounds like Bleedingcool was being Bleedingcool and he 'only' lost what he decorated the hanger with. Obviously still very sad because basically anything done by Uderzo getting torched sucks, but it seems his actual collection is safe.

• Locked thread