Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Speaking of Night Thrasher, that Contest of Champions miniseries was better than it had any right to be. And set up a bunch of potential stuff (Outlaw's new thing, a new super-hero team, entirely new French Female Superhero, loving Ares literally getting yanked out of his happy afterlife to come back to Earth) that I'm sad isn't ever going to get referenced, except maybe some small thing years from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

So, Humble Bundle has an absolutely loving massive Image bundle on sale now.

A friend of mine was asking about starting to buy some comic books, possibly regularly, quite recently. I feel like pointing them at this and saying 'Wicked+Divine, Saga, and East of West are all ones I know are great and are worth 20$ on their own' is a good place to start and find their particular tastes.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Where's Batman and Spider-man? This sale is bullshit.

I already suggested 'tec to them if they want Batman stuff, actually.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Skwirl posted:

My sleep shirt is red and says "Magneto was right." Kinda wanna get a shirt that says "Magneto was Left" just given the current political climate though.

You've good taste.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jan 29, 2017

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Quentin Quire was created by Grant Morrison, though in that run he was completely unlike how he is now.

Honestly speaking, Quentin Quire in Wolverine and the X-Men is probably the best example of someone taking something from Morrison's run and actually improving upon it, because when that run starts he's fairly consistent with Morrison's Quire- hell, he starts off being forced into the school because the alternative was handing him over to SHIELD for a terrorist act- he went to some government building, mindcontrolled everyone there, and started up a bunch of trouble before the X-Men came and stopped him. And then he actually gradually proceeded to grow as a character.

Then the whole stuff with the future versions of all the x-kids happened and I lost track of what the hell was going on.

Fake edit: Not the Battle of the Atom stuff, I don't think. There are multiple 'future versions of characters come back to their past/the present' storylines with x-men. It's like a rite of passage there.

• Locked thread