Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Everyone knows the only good annuals were the ones from that year that Marvel decided that every single one needed a new character. Complete with polybagging and trading cards.

It gave us such great characters as X-Cutioner, Bloodwraith, Wildstreak, Darkling and Cadre. It also gave us the best character in comics, ADAM X!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

My power company charges a $5 "convenience fee" to pay online. I figure it costs them more to actually cash my check so gently caress those guys.

Also Paolo Rivera said earlier this week he received his comps for the WW stamps so my guess is they were "released" in October but unavailable until the last couple weeks.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Couldn't Thor just punch Superman down and then put Mjolnir on him? If Superman can lift Mjolnir, Thor's hosed but he would've been hosed anyway if that was the case.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

The last time I lost a friend I dove head first into my work to take my mind off of it. I totally understand throwing yourself into something stupid like the forums but just make sure that you get probations and not bans.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 16, 2017

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Oh that, I thought i put those details in. I was sad, like really sad. I was sitting on the floor filing comics and i guess i had a few tears on my face. Some dude walked by and in his best "Jay" voice said "Well look at this morose motherfucker here." and it just hit me so hard. I know it's pathetic but I just felt shattered. I got up and went to the back to compose myself. When I came back my coworker said the guy was apologizing his rear end off after I went back but I took so long to return he had left.

Who the gently caress does that to any kind of strangers? Like seriously? What the gently caress is so broken in your head that you think that's a loving good idea to do to anyone, whether they're sad or not. gently caress that guy, seriously. No apology can make up for that kind of bullshit.

Edit: Misread part of this. Thought he kicked you. Either way, It's still not cool and super hosed up if you didn't know him.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

In honor of today, you can read the book that inspired the man who wrote the number one book on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Martin-Luthe...king+montgomery

Obviously also read March (more people need to read March and it's sales skyrocketing is the only good thing about what happened this weekend) but this simple comic about the legend Dr Martin Luther King Jr was also carried about by John Lewis during his time with King. It was one of the few items in Lewis' iconic backpack that he was wearing in this picture:

Let it never be said that comic books can't inspire revolutionaries as this is proof.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 16, 2017

• Locked thread