Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hi, it's 2017. This month's discussion thread for the first month of the new year is to talk about your favorite annuals. Annuals are great. And we now will celebrate them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The lead bad guy would be John Malkovich. It's always John Malkovich.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You know what I miss that I thought maybe was coming back a couple years back? Marvel doing crossover stories in annuals. There was a good one with Spider-Man, The Inhumans, and Captain America. And then another with Nova, Iron Man, and the X-Men. I loved the ones they used to do in the '90s. They were never high quality reads but they were often fun. Stuff like Atlantis Attacks, Terminus Factor, Korvac Quest, Kings of Pain, Citizen Kang, and so on.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I really liked his old Wonder Man comic from the '90s. I see the only thing he's done in recent years seems to be anime stuff. Way to challenge that stereotype.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Soonmot posted:

/\/\/\/\Ah, thanks.

What has he written? Article just says Marvel and DC, but I don't recognize the name.

He also had a run on Prime. Which really paints that whole concept in a completely different light. Yuck.

EDIT: Actually clicking on some of these books I'm not familiar with, this guy has written a lot of stuff seemingly featuring child characters. This is pretty goddamn disturbing.

http://comicbookdb.com/creator_chron.php?ID=2703

X-O fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 7, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

Tbh not surprised when any male author gets outed as a pedo but rip the big two's reps (what did he even write?)

The last time he wrote for either of the Big 2 seems to be for DC in 2003. Seems most of his Big 2 was for DC on Green Lantern related stuff. And this doesn't really hurt anyone's rep but his.

purple death ray posted:

is it possible we could actually get this bitch up to 64 pages before february though?

No. But that doesn't mean we can't try.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Unlucky7 posted:

Didn't he have a hand in Green Lantern Mosaic?

Well if you consider writing a hand, yes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

This just in, Donald Glover to star in upcoming Youngblood Brigade film.

You know Rob just sold the rights.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, let's not derail about this comic any further. It's been done to death at this point.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I became disappointed in that memo when I found out that Dark Wheelie wasn't real. Because three characters like that would've actually been some kind of trend. Whereas two characters that were actually created over a decade apart from each other really doesn't set up the premise as well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

KaosMachina posted:

Speaking of Night Thrasher, that Contest of Champions miniseries was better than it had any right to be. And set up a bunch of potential stuff (Outlaw's new thing, a new super-hero team, entirely new French Female Superhero, loving Ares literally getting yanked out of his happy afterlife to come back to Earth) that I'm sad isn't ever going to get referenced, except maybe some small thing years from now.

Al Ewing wrote it and he's been shown to be a continuity geek, he'll come back around to parts of it eventually.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

I've thoroughly enjoyed everything Ewing has written so far.

Yeah, I love his fondness for underused characters. Plus he resurrected Night Thrasher, which is a huge plus in my book.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I uh, I'm not sure that's a good fit for Lewis. Doesn't seem like a big X-Men fan to me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm thinking more along the lines of nothing. John Lewis has more important things to do than waste time on superhero comics.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sorry to hear that, but if you don't think you can post without being an rear end in a top hat then maybe take some time away from the computer?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Squizzle posted:

What the blue gently caress are you doing to wear shorts out in three months?

God drat, I have jeans that are older than some SA posters, that I wear on lazy weekends.

Wow. I haven't even owned a pair of jeans since I was in high school.

What in the world kind of shorts are wearing out in three months though? That seems like it shouldn't be possible.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Don't bring your Twitter fights to this forum Occ. No matter how dumb the people are. Thanks.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

Why does iceman have the neo nazi hair cut?

It's 2017, not 1942. That haircut is everywhere now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gavok posted:

The other day I went to Sundance because my brother wrote and directed a movie they were showing called Patti Cake$, about an overweight white girl from the Jersey suburbs who wants to be a rap star. Movie rules, there's a lot of good buzz coming out of it and Fox Searchlight already bought the distribution rights for $10.5 million, so check that poo poo out when it hits theaters.

Anyway, to make this on-topic, the lead actress Danielle MacDonald is getting a lot of critical acclaim and I can't help but want to see her be Faith when they get around to doing a Harbinger movie.

While she's physically on point for Faith I'd have to see her act first. Faith is going to be a tough character to cast because of her unrelenting optimism and completely over the top positive nature. The role needs a really solid actress in order to pull that off because done the wrong way I could see it becoming really annoying on screen and it's an integral part of the character so you can't just not have her that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

We're talking about the movie, not the Youtube series.

• Locked thread