Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Lurdiak posted:

But there's no reason for him to have such a weakness. It makes sense if you say "You can turn him into a bunny same as anyone", but there's nothing about Superman's powers that has anything to do with magic, so there's no shield for magic bullets to pierce through. The weakness never made sense, and is dumb.
The magic property in this case is "this item is now enchanted so it can cut anything", at which point Superman's invulnerability looks at the enchantment and goes "well it says anything", shrugs, and gets cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Aphrodite posted:

A magic sword that is infinitely sharp due to magic can cut Superman.

A magic sword that's simply on fire should do nothing.
That's my interpretation too, but I think people generally get lazy, see magic, and go "Superman loses then". Basically my view is that magic overwrites reality, and Superman has no protection against that. So what the magic says goes, but what the magic says is important. If the magic says "you are unconcious now", Superman gets knocked the gently caress out. But if the magic says "I'm making this dude really strong", well, that doesn't do much because Superman gets punched by really strong dudes all the time and it hurts about the same no matter if Doomsday or Ares is the guy doing the punching.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

site posted:

Spiderman can never smile what is this
The smile's fine. Stealing Gwen's hood is unacceptable.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Oh my God, it is almost literally that scene from Deadpool.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I'm talking to my friends plenty, I guess what I'm saying is horrifying them?

My boss called from their business trip to see how I was doing (viewing was yesterday). I was honest, I am not doing well at all and I had the worst nightmare I can recall in my entire life last night. So they got worried, called all my coworkers and they rallied to fill my shifts this week so I can have some time to try and sort this out. Which honestly I'm not too happy about, I'm worried about getting lost in my own thoughts.
I think it sounds like a very good idea for you to talk to a doctor, then.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Did you read Ewing's New Avengers?
And if not, why not? It was fantastic.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Wait I thought a point of the Bendis run was that he's still straight but young Bobby is gay. I haven't read a lot of it.
Old Bobby and young Bobby have a conversation about it and conclude that Old Bobby just straight up couldn't handle being two oppressed minorities at once, so his subconcious locked down any thought about his sexuality and let him focus on dealing with all the constant terrible bullshit for being a mutant. Old Bobby's probably gay too, but the whole thing's awkward as hell to him right now and he's just gonna go right on not thinking about it, thank you.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I thought Ewing handled the mandatory poo poo way better than everyone else, honestly. It helped that he already had SHIELD as somewhat-friendly antagonists so Lockdown or whatever that dumb poo poo was called felt organic, and then he just straight-up ignored Civil War II. Contrast that to adjectiveless Avengers, which has barely set up the team before it lurches off to the first crossover and then gets dissolved by the second.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Decius posted:

He came out already. It's not much a topic though (mostly since Old Iceman is basically a background character at the moment), but there is no probably about it.

Extraordinary X-Men, don't remember the issue though.
Oh, how about that. I haven't been reading any of the X-books besides ANX so I missed it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, that's the best part.
Well, the best part is a loving Nazi getting punched right in his Nazi face. That's the best part.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

purple death ray posted:

What is the other thing? Ultron, right?
Yeah, Ultron.

Didn't Nu52 do a thing where Dr. Light was a good guy without powers or something, and then he got powers and died but came back but was still a good guy?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Skwirl posted:

What's Quentin Quire up to these days, the only X-Book I read at the moment is All New, and even that I'm only reading on Unlimited so I'm six months behind. Is my favorite phoenix host in any books at the moment?
Apparently Jason Aaron got annoyed that everyone else was ignoring his creation, gone "gently caress it then I'll write him myself", and Quire will be showing up in Mighty Thor shortly.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

WickedHate posted:

Quentin Quire was created by Grant Morrison, though in that run he was completely unlike how he is now.
I know, that's why I thought it was quickest and simplest to refer to him the way I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

site posted:

In case this isn't sarcasm yeah, lowtax got caught posting on a Nazi doxxing site and his wife made a stickied thread in dnd saying that racism, etc was acceptable to post and like 18 mods quit
...seriously? There's a stickied thread right now saying racism isn't acceptable to post.

• Locked thread