Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Roth posted:

I remember an explanation, but I don't remember if it was here, Tumblr, or some other place on the internet where it basically explained it in terms of Pokemon.

Superman is resistant to most types of damage, except magic which does normal damage, and kryptonite which is super-effective.

Steel has the most resistances and Kryptonite would be a Rock type. Superman being a flying/steel makes sense.

According to Google Skarmory is the only one. Someone do an art where it evolves into Superman once it takes off its glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

purple death ray posted:

The difference is Hank Pym was defined very early on as the dude who hit his wife, if he'd just been a superhero for a few decades and then someone wrote a story where he hit his wife, it wouldn't be such a defining moment.

Hank Pym has been around since before Avengers #1 in 1963.

Hank hit Janet in Avengers 213 in 1981.

Did Hank beat the poo poo out of Janet in the Ultimates? Because in 213 it was a backhand that left her with a blackeye. I don't think that counts as beating the poo poo out of someone.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Between this and what happens with Blob and the whole Pietro/Wanda situation I'm still fine with not reading anything from the Ultimate line.

• Locked thread