Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Thanks a lot, JMS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

He probably views MRAs as not anti-egalitarian enough.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It still makes no sense to me that a magic sword would cut a guy who's invulnerable to bullets if it can't already cut through tanks or whatever.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

But there's no reason for him to have such a weakness. It makes sense if you say "You can turn him into a bunny same as anyone", but there's nothing about Superman's powers that has anything to do with magic, so there's no shield for magic bullets to pierce through. The weakness never made sense, and is dumb.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I saw Superman get bit by just a regular vampire one time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gummy Joe posted:

According to the Superman: The Animated Series, it breaks down into "Mix. Yes. Spit. Lick", which you kinda smear together into "Mixyesspittlick"

But, uh, there's been a bit of variation over the years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuRqVg6tHcE

Lmao, superman just threatened to murder that guy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's awful, but for any consolation, the article said he'd just been working there for a few months and called it 'decorated' which doesn't sound like it housed his collection.

Bleedingcool is known for sensationalist headlines.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea, thankfully it sounds like Bleedingcool was being Bleedingcool and he 'only' lost what he decorated the hanger with. Obviously still very sad because basically anything done by Uderzo getting torched sucks, but it seems his actual collection is safe.

I dunno man I'd loving torch Asterix and the Falling Sky if you gave me a chance.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit: Can the costume thread be unlocked?

It's urgent.

Scarlet Spider's doctors told him he could never be Spider-man due to his horribly deformed shrunken right leg, but he didn't let that stop him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's Rage, a very unsubtle character from the early 90s avengers who spent all his time getting really mad at how racist honkeys are.

Like, that's literally all he ever did. He has some backstory but basically he was just ANGRY BLACK MAN.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

He is like 15 too.

More like 12 or possibly younger, hence the "he has some backstory". I get that it was a sincere attempt at introducing some racial discussions into a punchfight superhero comic and that making him a kid who's secretly a sweetheart is meant to explain his boisterous attitude, but he's still kind of an embarrassing character who was about as subtle as a law and order episode.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Just seen the Pictures For Sad Children thread that got closed. What happened with the original webcomic? How come the artist is trying to delete all trace of it and themselves from the net? I liked it back in the day and still have a Paris shirt.

Mental breakdown.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

purple death ray posted:

Or possibly extremely long-form performance art. I guess this is poe's law in action. It's a real shame.

To paraphrase Roast Beef the middle cat, their friends and family are all being eaten alive by worry, so if they are kidding they are like Andy Kaufman good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno, that is straight up horrific. Words can't do justice to that kind of tragedy. I hope you can get through this, and you have all my sympathy. You can PM me if you need to talk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You can tell it's chaykin because of that terrible, terrible inking.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If anyone's noticed that I don't throw tantrums over people disagreeing with me about Spider-man or whatever in the last 5 years, it's because I've been seeing a therapist and taking medication. Rhyno, you really should do it. It can honestly do no harm and is likely to do you more good than you think. Sometimes we think we're doing bad but we're actually doing even worse, and therapy can help us see that, and see that the solutions are much simpler than we think.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

KaosMachina posted:

So, Humble Bundle has an absolutely loving massive Image bundle on sale now.

A friend of mine was asking about starting to buy some comic books, possibly regularly, quite recently. I feel like pointing them at this and saying 'Wicked+Divine, Saga, and East of West are all ones I know are great and are worth 20$ on their own' is a good place to start and find their particular tastes.

Where's Batman and Spider-man? This sale is bullshit.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Nick Spencerest tweet.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There was an Outer Limits episode about that, kind of.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Here's Trump's press secretary (hopefully) cosplaying as a Gundam about four years ago :)
https://twitter.com/seanspicer/status/302491904707272704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

A manga thread is housed here. It's related!

I knew there was a link between fascism and anime beyond youtube avatars.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Depends. Do you want to see Captain America rape somebody?

Well it would be a fitting metaphor for the US' current situation.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah I can name like 5 incredibly iconic things Peter did in the Ditko/Lee run alone, Hank has done 2 iconic things in 50 years and one of them was beating the poo poo out of his wife.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Heathen posted:

Did Hank beat the poo poo out of Janet in the Ultimates? Because in 213 it was a backhand that left her with a blackeye. I don't think that counts as beating the poo poo out of someone.

In Ultimates he repeatedly beat and tortured her, getting the ants involved when she shrunk to hide from him. This is because Mark Millar wrote it.

In regular continuity he gave her a black eye, and that's enough of a beating for me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Congrats to your brother Gavok, that sounds like a pretty big break!

Gavok posted:

Well, I've met Sami Zayn and Kevin Murphy, so yeah?

The biggest name in Patti Cake$ is basically Cathy Moriarty, so it's not much on star power.

I was in a couple scenes as a pawn shop owner, but I got cut out due to a subplot getting cut for time.

They cut the Dick Miller from Terminator character? Shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Stop moving the forum around!!!!

Badass.

• Locked thread