Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm a fan of these myself since they're vertical and have each card FAQ on them. I'm cheap and print them on card stock, cut them out manually, and then sleeve them with penny sleeves so they don't get too bent in the box.

New Dominion client seems alright so far, nothing great yet but it looks promising enough, has almost every card through Empires, and plays mostly fine. A bunch of minor issues here and there but I'm sure they'll get sorted out soon enough. Once they do I'll start throwing money at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Great Hall because replace Village comic with Great Hall but you come out 8VP ahead.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Toshimo posted:

False. I never gave them a dime and I still got the migration email.

Yeah, I had a Goko/Making Fun account since the beginning and I got an e-mail that gave me Intrigue/Seaside/Prosperity for a year just for being registered at the old site.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Seems to be working for me. Took me a tad longer than usual to get a game loaded and started but it's been fine since.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Tekopo posted:

these guys are dumb, YOU DONT JUST BUY THE SAME FRIKIN CARD! it's a good idea to get a chaple if there are witches and thus curse cards (if you can trash curses). he's so dumb...... cards become more powerful in combos, and the most versatile combos are what win the game. Chapels are end game cards like victory points. you need chapel to clean up the crap in your deck later on, such as copper, which wastes space late game. Nobody would stock up on chapel at the beginning

Buy more Chapels so you have more cards for your Chapels to trash.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

golden bubble posted:

Does anyone else have a card you can't help buying, even when it appears to be a bad idea.

I probably have a few, but only one I can think of right now is Bishop. Trashing AND victory points? Yes, please!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It's me, I'm the person who loves Swindler.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Poopy Palpy posted:

Most games aren't going to have those cards. There are a lot of Dominion cards.

Most games aren't going to have Mountebank/Chapel, either.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Night looks simple and fun enough.

I like how much design space there still is around this game to add more and more simple mechanics that implement well into the base gameplay.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Day 3. Boons mechanic is pretty simple, random one-shot events that certain cards will let you access. Druid in particular sounds fun, if not incredibly useful based on the boons shown so far.

Also three boons are shown but all twelve will be available for gameplay.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Day 4. Shockingly enough, Hexes are bad Boons. Also, a card with four labels. :eyepop:

Also, Cursed Village doesn't give a Curse (unless you draw a Hex that gives a Curse, I guess). Go figure.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Surprise, Leprechaun is loving weird.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Links to Day 5 and the bonus card, Necromancer.

Sold on this set. Hopefully I can get people to play it!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm going to let my opponents trash their goats then gain those goats then feed my goat those goats.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Lichtenstein posted:

Help, I am literally incapable of starting a game of Dominion if there's no trashing effect on offer.

Do you freak out when you see a big fat Gardens deck?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Androminion w/Nocturne

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I've been playing just Base+Seaside for a while, and really wanted an excuse to pick up Nocturne. A lot of it looked really fun (Night cards, Heirlooms, more Durations) but I knew I'd get tired really quick of Boons and Hexes. And the additional complexity would probably have wound up being a turnoff for the people I usually play with.

Which has left me looking for another expansion. As someone who really likes Seaside, Adventures seemed good and promises more of what I liked but again the added complexity feels like it'd be too much. And Guilds/Cornucopia still haven't been reprinted so that rules those out too. Prosperity I frequently see recommended but as much as I love engines a set that has a selling point of making games/turns longer probably wouldn't go over quite as well.

Now I'm just trying to decide between Intrigue 2nd Edition or Hinterlands. They both seem relatively less complex, and both contain cards supporting alt-vp strategies that could be a nice shakeup. I'm leaning a bit towards Intrigue currently due to simplicity while still having some nice interaction and the modal cards, but Hinterlands has a lot of interesting cards as well. Between those two, which would probably offer the most?

Intrigue Card List | Hinterlands Card List

Hinterlands has more cards that are situationally powerful in some games but kinda useless in others, though they also work better with each other than with other expansions it seems like. Intrigue's cards are usually going to be decent in whatever game they're in but rarely shine on their own with a few exceptions. Hinterlands is more focused on gaining cards mid-turn and gain effects in general, while Intrigue is more about giving you options with your cards and kinda supplementing the basic functions that the Base set gives you.

In general I'd recommend Intrigue, but if the Hinterlands cards seem up your alley go for it.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Mar 19, 2018

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It never ends.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Wednesday's Cards: Coffers, i.e. the return of coin tokens from Guilds.

Thursday's Cards: Artifacts, cards that only one person can have but possession can change, much like Lost in the Woods.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Final preview is Projects. Same grouping as Events/Landmarks, you buy it once and get that effect for the rest of the game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

quote:

With two Liveries, and you buy Farmland, trashing Remodel to gain a Border Village which comes with a Laboratory, you gain six Horses. Many Horses could be yours.

That's a lot of Horses!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Hell yeah, an entire mechanic that can benefit my BFF card Tunnel.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Can’t wait to ride through my kingdom on a pile of rats!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I can't hear you over playing all my Pawns for +1 Card +1 Action

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Astrolabe does give you +1 Buy for two turns, so with a good drawing engine it could be very useful even over other +Buy cards.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm partial to Venture, Bank, Bishop, and to a lesser extent Monument. I imagine Bishop and Monument are a "both stay or both go" thing, depending on whether VP Tokens will still be a thing in Prosperity. That's also a likely reason Trade Route is gonna go, Tokens specific to one card were a solid reason to cut a card on Seaside.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Eat the rich with Rats.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'd miss Venture but Crystal Ball is a straight-up better Venture so I'm not complaining.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I love overpowered expansions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's been on Steam and Android for ages.

Looks like it's "officially" on Steam now, whatever the hell that means.

e: Oh, looks like it was Early Access until yesterday. And now it's full of negative reviews about the servers crashing.

e2:

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 2, 2024