Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
About a year ago I brought Dominion(just the base set that I bought several years ago) to work to play with my co-workers at lunch.

Now it's so popular that we own almost every expansion (I think we're just missing Empires and the 3 mini expansions) and we play at least 2 or 3 times a week, it's pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Toshimo posted:

I just found out about the Possession errata, and while I understand its necessity, it pretty much breaks the card.

What's the possession errata? I just played a game where a possessor possessed someone then possessed someone with that someone then possessed someone with that someone then went ahead and possessed themselves, which was really silly.

Edit: Also, I think the Teacher chain is really good, in several card set ups it's better then Champion.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

Prosperity was the first real "game changer" set up until the newer stuff like Adventures and Empires. Not that Seaside and Hinterlands (my favorite set before Empires arguably surpassed it) or others didn't have a lot of cool and experimental cards, but Prosperity had Platinum and Colonies, VP tokens, a ton of alt-treasure, and the biggest ratio of non-attack interaction cards by far. That's just a ton of new ways to score and interact with the game in really cool ways. It was really a preview of things to come.

I feel like you don't always want to play with Platinum and Colony though, as they tend to make basically every alt victory option useless, also the first player that gets a platinum is a much bigger lead then the first player who gets a gold, which can make games snowball way to quickly in that players favor depending on the board(if you have a board that affords you a small deck or one of the cards that allows you to put that first platinum on the top of your deck almost every turn for example, then yeah).