Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
FFG euro sleeves are good if you can get them in bulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

postmore.txt

Are there any stats that show the average game length for a few hundred+ games?

Games tend to run between 14 and 20 turns I believe, though I don't have any hard stats to back that up off hand.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0069 posted:

I think the metric is that Big Money can buy 4 provinces in an average 16 turns.

Yes, but that doesn't mean games don't run longer due to attacks, Colonies, both players running engines and trying not to commit unforced errors, etc

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
With any kind of cycling power or trashing, you should be getting disciple or teacher way sooner than that, they are both definitely worth it.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Text space, but mainly the consistency thing. DXV is pretty big on clarity when he can get away with it, so I imagine since he's already breaking the wording of Possession having it affect one token one way while affecting other tokens another way would be a big no for him.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Toshimo posted:

Apparently if you call a Duplicate before your Royal Seal trigger, this can happen "Royal Seal loses track of Baker (it was covered up)."

Lol yea, those are always funny. There's a similar interaction where if you Summon a Death Cart, the Death Cart doesn't get put aside by Summon since it gets covered up by the ruins.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Dancer posted:

Questioning whether I did the right play just now.
Boring base game kingdom: Chapel Harbringer Vassal Village Bureaucrat Gardens Lab Library Market Witch.
4/3 opening, I got Chapel Bureaucrat. Immediately post-shuffle I draw both actions + 3 coppers. What do? I decided to play the Bureaucrat and buy Harbringer. Should I have chapelled?

The correct answer is almost always going to be trash down. Since you have the bureaucrat anyways, you're not going to have much trouble getting money since you'll be able to play it like every turn.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Turns 3 4 and 5 can be just as, if not more so, game determining as turns 1 and 2, should those be matched as well?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

You can't legally generate Platinum / Colony with that set-up, can you? There are no Prosperity cards.

There's no official rule for putting in platinum/colony, the thing in the manual about doing it based on proportion of prosperity cards is only a suggestion.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Magnetic North posted:

I agree. The blurbs for all of those are hilarious. I don't know if it's DXV himself or someone at RGG that writes them, but they're just great.

He writes them himself though I can't find where he talked about it now.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

distortion park posted:

How does Lich work in multiples - do they all see and skip the same turn, or is it more like "Skip the next turn that you would otherwise take". Either way I'd guess you're hoping to win that turn.

The Lich effect stacks, so if you play two liches you'd skip your next two turns.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Admiralty Flag posted:

Regarding Dominion storage: I'm going to have to upgrade with the next expansion I buy, which will be soon because I've got the bug again. I've looked on the Hobby Lobby website but couldn't find the artist's case that people have talked about in this thread previously. (Which is good, because now I don't have to make a decision about giving money to the fuckwits behind that company.) Am I stuck with something like this or does anyone have a better suggestion?
https://www.amazon.com/Organizer-Ba...s%2C121&sr=8-10

If you don't care about going cheap, I use these: https://www.amazon.com/BCW-Monster-Storage-Holds-trading/dp/B000K41E6K/

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Counting House has some cute niche usages so I hope it stays. For me the least exciting card in Prosperity is Bank, wouldn't mind it being reworked/replaced into a more interesting 7 cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
The only thing that really bothers me so far is that you can queue actions during your opponent's turn but it doesn't cancel the queue when you need to make a decision due to something they did.