Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Lich pretty much instantly became one of my favourite cards. Lich + Graverobber is among the most hilarious combos I've ever played.
The way Favours function as basically an additional resource that doesn't disrupt normal gameplay as much as the Potions is also very neat, as are the on-shuffling effects. It's just really impressive in general that the fourteenth expansion still holds so many good ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
New cards for the first expansion I bought all those years back, and still one of my three favourites? Well, time to free up some more space in the boxes, I guess :)
What cards do you think will be replaced? There's fewer obvious candidates in this one than in Seaside, Intrigue or the base game, I think; perhaps Counting House and Royal Seal? In any case I suspect many of the new cards will have effects related to Victory tokens, seeing how there's only three token-giving cards in the first edition.

Guy A. Person posted:

Dope I was wondering with the announcement of Seaside 2nd edition how they were going to handle the update pack. I am assuming (fingers crossed) that they will do what they did with Base/Intrigue and release a single update pack for both.
That would be really cool. 18 cards in total would amount to a proper small expansion.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Crystal Ball looks wonderful, I can see that becoming a personal favourite pretty quickly.
And an attack that you can play without spending an action could be hilarious, even if it's not a particularly powerful effect.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
I so hope there'll be a Dark Ages 2nd edition. It's probably overall my favourite expansion, but there's a lot of cards in it that could be reasonably replaced with more interesting ones (especially with more Looter cards that actually do things with Ruins other than handing them out, so that Ruins don't feel quite so much like a somewhat pointless Curse variant).

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Souk looks like it will only work well in very specific setups, but in those setups it'll probably make Treasures obsolete.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
And the final Hinterlands previews: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=21321.0

Certainly a reduction in on-gain effects overalĺ. Trail looks like it's going to be a very interesting one, though.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Hm, interesting theme. Sounds very interaction-focused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

Fairgrounds. Maybe I underrate it, but it never struck me as particularly strong alt-vp.
Bit late to the conversation, but I think Fairgrounds is very good as long as it's part of a set that doesn't incentivize you to focus on only a few cards. In my experience, if there's at least one mixed pile or a card that comes with extra cards outside the supply, it's usually almost trivial to have 15 different cards in your final pile. I've rarely played a set with Fairgrounds where it didn't end up being a 6$ Province, and sometimes it can be better; and even in the worst case it's one VP more than a Duchy for only 1$ extra (I can't really see any scenario where you'd end up with less than 10 different cards unless you're actively trying and have very good trashing available).