Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

More previews: recursion
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=21095.0

This one's got a lich in it

lich and highwayman both seem like they could be really shape how people approach a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

Highwayman also does extremely mean things to Crown (Throneroom but also a Treasure) and a lot of cards with the Capitalism project in play. Lich is very weird to me - drawing 6 cards and a village effect, that's super cool, but gosh that penalty is rough. It would pair well w/ Mission, Outpost, Voyage (or whatever it's called, from day 2) that give you a lovely little extra turn that you don't mind skipping.
Of the new Allies, Island Folk is a great effect but really expensive. Almost certainly worth investing in Favour generation. Masons is also a great effect, offering pseudo-thinning at a pretty cheap rate. Also, they're actually Freemasons, with their logo and everything.

How does Lich work in multiples - do they all see and skip the same turn, or is it more like "Skip the next turn that you would otherwise take". Either way I'd guess you're hoping to win that turn.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

It seems like the ranked queue uses all expansions even if you don't own them, and that only requires 3 expansions to play in. £15 for basically unlimited dominions isn't bad.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

H2Omelon posted:

Automatch, ranked and unranked, combines the owned expansions of both players that were matched up. So it happens in unranked too, but due to the requirement to join ranked you are always going to match up with someone else who owns some expansions.

Thanks. With three expansions I don't really feel the need to buy more, there's plenty of variety in the ranked queue with just that. Seems like a pretty good deal for people spending $0, lots of dominion for no money!

On the topic of strategy, Cutthroat feels absolutely brutal to play against. I can pay 6 for a gold, just so that my opponent can get a better one? And they got some value from the original action as well.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Elysium posted:

I’m not sure I should reveal this information, but as a one-time top 100 isotropic player, I have been losing the daily game against the new app AI every day…

It's incredibly good, it absolutely blasted past me (although I'm a pretty average player)

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Roluth posted:

So, the cost for the Steam version is kinda eye-popping if you want everything. How is it compared with the browser (subscription) version these days, and which is more populated?

It depends on what you want to do. If you're happy to just play in a queue then the kingdom is drawn from yours + your opponents sets, so you don't have to buy everything. I just got 3 sets in order to play in ranked and am sorted now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

One of the best things about the mobile app is how fast it starts. Like Slice and Dice it makes it so easy to pick up for a couple of minutes