Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

sector_corrector posted:

All of my games so far have been me getting 5 Provinces by turn 16, and then sitting around buying more engine components and Duchies while my opponent struggles to reliably hit 5.

If the new Dominion online client is putting ten provinces in a two player game it's got more problems than anyone knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

jivjov posted:

Being able to buy 2 Colonies in one turn is grand.

Laughing my rear end off if you didn't have the Isotropic achievement for emptying the entire Colony stack in one turn.

(I don't either, but I only found it just before the site closed.)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

I never got that one, but hitting the Silk Road achievement was a great feeling.

edit: What would be the best way to generate 88 gold and 8 buys in a single turn? Another possibility would be something like a KC chained Rebuild aimed at Provinces where you're recycling the same Colony into another Colony over and over again. That means that you technically possess all of the Colonies, but you likely only finish with a single one in your deck. But, of course, Dark Ages didn't exist in the iso era.

The best way to do it was always a mega-chain of Bridges.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

Well again, this is if you assume 3/4 is the equivalent to 4/3. Cards like Nomad Camp, the debt cards, certain events, etc make this not necessarily the case. A 4/3 with Nomad Camp can become a 4/5. With Overlord in play a 5/2 is loving phenomenal (since you can get a 5 and eat the debt the next turn) compared to a 2/5 where you're usually passing on the 2.

To add another example: Borrow breaks the symmetry before the first shuffle in the same way as Nomad Camp, and unlike the Camp you can do it twice and it's always available regardless of your opening hand. And it would get worse with fully fixed deck order as you'd know whether you could (and should) Borrow on turn 2 as well. That foreknowledge forces both players to play the same way - a 5/4 or 5/3 being decidedly weaker than a 5/6 or 5/5 - and in turn changes the game into a snowballing luckfest where he who draws his 6 on turn 3 generally wins.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Toshimo posted:

When you realize how brutally you have hosed up.

I agree, you bought a Village.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Toshimo posted:

T1 Travelling Fair -> Chapel is straight savage:

I actually had enough coins/buys to buy out all the duchies and estates as well, but didn't want to make him sit there.

The Dominion Strategy wiki lists TF/Chapel as an anti-synergy, and indeed I am failing to see what you did to get there. I'm assuming you got a $4 opener and your turn 2 was Chapel to trash two Estates and two Copper, but after that I'm not seeing how to buy so many Highways so fast.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Dancer posted:

I think I encountered my most favourite Kingdom ever (so far) in Androminion.

Plat + Colonies enabled
City Quarter
Haven
Chariot Race
Gladiator
Rats
Temple
Butcher
Haunted Woods
Horn of Plenty
Peddler

So many different interesting interactions, and I like a lot that the only +2 actions is City Quarter.

Is there a new fork of Androminion? I don't recognise half those cards.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Can someone spec me a good kingdom generator for Android? Whichever one I had on my old phone seems to have been withdrawn.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CaptainRightful posted:

Mountain Village is highly situational but will be great with cards like Oasis and Secret Cave.

+2 Actions, draw a Gold/Smithy for $4 is not "highly situational". It's immensely strong in the late game and is a huge enabler for fatter decks who won't empty their discard so often.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

jivjov posted:

We don't have an English name or effect text for it yet...but here's the newest Dominion promo!

The English name would be Schwerin Cathedral.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

u brexit ukip it posted:

Can't wait for somebody to figure out a way to gain literally all 30 Horses in the same turn.

King's Court (King's Court (Livery, Engineer, Laboratory), Engineer, Engineer), Engineer.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Elysium posted:

I think Wayfarer is going to be more interesting than "buy or gain something cheap, so you can buy it for cheap." Like buy something expensive, so you can then you can use it's boosted cost to do something cool. Like Mine a Gold into a Platinum, and then Apprentice your Wayfarer for 9 cards.

Would that work at any time other than buying it?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

Embargo for Astrollybee - a Duration copper for $3? Well, maybe if it's the only +buy on the board.

The image shows Astrolabe costing $1.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Ah. It's been a while since I saw a physical Dominion card. I guess they're pricing it in accordance with Silver then, because it gives $2 and adds 1B in exchange for not getting all the cash at once.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

Taskmaster is a tricky village. It can be there for you turn after turn, if you keep working on those $5's.

Taskmaster to me says "3-pile with Duchies" in any kingdom with a decent 5-cost action like Laboratory. The longer you can keep them in play, the more likely it is you'll keep them in play.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Toshimo posted:

It dropped on Steam as well but I can't see spending over $180 for the full game.

I suspect there will be sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Just found that Androminion no longer works on my new phone. Anyone know of a fork past 9.0.5?