Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
https://youtu.be/weO-3cWqV0A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

jivjov posted:

If you look at my handy dandy FAQ, I just edited in my own personal storage solution :)

Does that hold all the xpacs up through Empires?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
http://councilroom.com/player?player=Toshimo

Fite me.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
http://dominion.technowall.net/

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
:rip: Isotropic

My last game:
code:

--- Toshimo's turn 13 --- 
Toshimo plays a Worker's Village. ... drawing 1 card and getting +2 actions and +1 buy.
 Toshimo plays a Worker's Village. ... drawing 1 card and getting +2 actions and +1 buy.
 Toshimo plays a Worker's Village. ... drawing 1 card and getting +2 actions and +1 buy. Toshimo plays a Worker's Village. ... drawing 1 card and getting +2 actions and +1 buy.
 Toshimo plays a Warehouse. ... drawing 3 cards and getting +1 action. ... discarding 3 cards. 
Toshimo plays a Vault. ... drawing 2 cards. ... discarding a Remake, a Vault, and 2 Silvers and getting +$4. ... Jedirg3 discards 2 cards. ... drawing 1 card.
 Toshimo plays a Jack of All Trades. ... gaining a Silver. ... discarding the top card of the deck. ... drawing 5 cards.
 Toshimo plays a Worker's Village. ... (Toshimo reshuffles.) ... drawing 1 card and getting +2 actions and +1 buy. 
Toshimo plays a Warehouse. ... drawing 3 cards and getting +1 action. ... discarding 3 cards. 
Toshimo plays a Jack of All Trades. ... gaining a Silver. ... leaving the top card of the deck where it is. ... (Toshimo reshuffles.) ... drawing 3 cards.
 Toshimo plays a Vault. ... drawing 2 cards. ... discarding a Remake and 4 Silvers and getting +$5. ... Jedirg3 doesn't discard any cards. 
Toshimo plays a Jack of All Trades. ... gaining a Silver. ... leaving the top card of the deck where it is. ... (Toshimo reshuffles.) ... drawing 5 cards.
Toshimo plays 4 Silvers. 
Toshimo buys a Colony. 
Toshimo buys an Upgrade.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

jivjov posted:

Castles are, in concept, one of my new favorites...but I've only ever got them on the table once, and they were overloooked in favor of other Kingdom cards. I feel Castles are going to be one of those cards that brings out the indirect player interaction that I love so much in the game; especially with 3-4 players, it will be a delicate dance of when to buy and when to pass: because buying could give your opponents access to the better ones before you can come back to your turn.

Castles are bad because they inversely scale based on player count and are actually super swingy and probably not worth doing in 2-p games a lot.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

CaptainRightful posted:

I agree, but it's crazy that he didn't replace Swindler for exactly that reason.

Swindler is good, tho.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
All 8 castles is ~48VP for $52. That's more efficient than snapping up 8 provinces for the same 48VP at $64. However, you flood your deck with dead Victory cards, and it doesn't end the game. Using Small Castle to trade up to the larger ones reduces overall VP, which presents its own problem. If my opponent takes the $3 Castle, I will take one of the $4,5,or $6 and then just let them waste time with the rest. If I take the $4, especially if I have a trasher, the free silver mostly makes up for it and it denies them 5-6 VPs , if I take the $5, I can swap it into another later and deprive them of even more VP, and if I take the $6, it comes with a free gold and a Shost Ship effect, which can be brutal against a deck that's full of Victory cards. The only time I can really see going hard in on castles is with some sort of Rogue/Salt the Earth combo or when there's a Museum in play.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Merchant Guild can ok if you also have Watchtower/Trader and a cheap source of +buys like Market Square. Then you can buy coppers and send them straight to trash or replace them with silvers.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

H2Omelon posted:

Next board was an insane Scrying Poool + Remake + Workers Village + Knights + Fortune + Colony deal. Was looking to three-pile near the end but then Fortune just almost trivially gets you to 46 coin and it's like "Oh well, I guess I'll just buy 4 Colonies then, you know, no big deal or anything". Crazy.

That doesn't sound right. If you were Remaking and Gladiatoring and Knighting, that game should have ended well before you were dropping $23 pre-Fortune.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Is there logging in the new client? I haven't seen an option for it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

twig1919 posted:

It seems that https://dominion.games/ is pretty broken. I can't even make an account because it keeps telling me that my valid email address is invalid. I don't even understand how someone screws up that bad (using a regex to check for valid emails?).

The site registration, game creation, and basically everything that isn't actually playing the game seems to be in Alpha.

The actual game implementation is the best thing since Isotropic, though, so I'd advise patience and optimism.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Dame Josephine because I hate myself and my opponent.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

sector_corrector posted:

What do you all think of the chain cards? Page and Peasant, that is. The end-game of each is absurdly powerful, but you need to be hitting them very consistently for that to really come into play in a 16 turn game. I haven't had any experience playing them against a good opponent, so it's hard to say.

Champion chain can be good. Teacher usually isn't.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

sector_corrector posted:

One thing I've wondered about, but don't have enough experience to say for sure, is if there're cases where you'd want to not upgrade, and would want to keep the inferior version of the card in your deck.

Keeping a bunch of Soldiers is pretty good, but you'll probably still want a Champion first so you can just slap them all down. Hero is generally bad (maybe less so with Harems), and so are the lower tiers.

All of the tiers of Teacher are pretty crap except Disciple, but it's unlikely that they are worth chaining up to.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Nah Teacher usually doesn't even come online until turn 15. You should be wrapping up the game by then.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
pre:
Turn 14 - Toshimo
T plays a Council Room.
T shuffles their deck.
T draws 2 Silvers, a Council Room and a Rats.
s draws a Necropolis.
T plays a Council Room.
T draws a Silver, a Necropolis and 2 Rats.
s draws a Copper.
T plays a Rats.
T draws a Rats.
T gains a Rats.
T trashes a Necropolis.
T plays a Rats.
T draws a Warrior.
T trashes a Silver.
T plays a Rats.
T draws a Jack of All Trades.
T trashes a Silver.
T plays a Jack of All Trades.
T gains a Silver.
T looks at a Warrior.
T trashes a Rats.
T draws a Warrior.
T plays a Warrior.
T draws a Duchy and a Rats.
s discards a Copper.
T plays a Warrior.
T draws a Council Room and a Rats.
s discards a Silver and an Overgrown Estate.
s trashes a Silver.
T plays a Council Room.
T draws a Gold, a Province, a Council Room and a Rats.
s draws a Silver.
T plays a Council Room.
T draws a Silver, a Jack of All Trades, a Treasure Hunter and a Warrior.
s shuffles their deck.
s draws a Gold.
T plays a Treasure Hunter.
T gains 2 Silvers.
T plays a Warrior.
T draws a Procession and a Warrior.
s discards 2 Coppers and a Silver.
s trashes a Silver.
s discards a Copper.
T plays a Warrior.
T shuffles their deck.
T draws a Silver and a Rats.
s discards a Silver.
s trashes a Silver.
s discards a Council Room, a Hero and 2 Provinces.
T plays a Warrior.
T draws a Silver and a Rats.
s discards a Copper, a Silver and a Champion.
s trashes a Silver.
s discards a Copper and an Overgrown Estate.
s shuffles their deck.
s discards a Copper.
T plays a Procession.
T plays a Jack of All Trades.
T gains a Silver.
T looks at a Silver.
T discards a Silver.
T trashes a Rats.
T shuffles their deck.
T draws a Silver.
T plays a Jack of All Trades again.
T gains a Silver.
T looks at a Silver.
T discards a Silver.
T trashes a Rats.
T shuffles their deck.
T draws a Silver.
T trashes a Jack of All Trades.
T gains a Council Room.
T plays 7 Silvers and a Gold.
T buys and gains an Estate and 2 Provinces.
T returns a Warrior.
T receives a Hero.
T returns a Warrior.
T receives a Hero.
T returns a Warrior.
T receives a Hero.
T returns a Treasure Hunter.
T receives a Warrior.
T shuffles their deck.
T draws a Silver, 2 Council Rooms, a Rats and a Warrior.
This is what dreams are made of.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I just found out about the Possession errata, and while I understand its necessity, it pretty much breaks the card.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

goldjas posted:

What's the possession errata? I just played a game where a possessor possessed someone then possessed someone with that someone then possessed someone with that someone then went ahead and possessed themselves, which was really silly.

Edit: Also, I think the Teacher chain is really good, in several card set ups it's better then Champion.

The Possession errata is that the Possessor gets all the tokens generated on the Possessee's turn. They had to do this because debt tokens. Unfortunately, this means that one of the ways of beating Possession, VP tokens, actually loses hard, now. Also, it makes coin tokens interact unintuitively.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

H2Omelon posted:

Note that you'll only get an email if you purchased any sets from Goko/MF, if you only bought the subscription near the end then you won't get an email and need to create a new account.

False. I never gave them a dime and I still got the migration email.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Magnetic North posted:

This implementation is my first time playing with the cards introduced in the second edition.

So, um, Bandit/Chapel is pretty cool if you get the 5/2 split.

Have you ever had Soothsayer/Chapel? :pusheen:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Holy poo poo this client needs mirrored opens, like, yesterday. Getting the raw end of a 5/2 v 4/3 Matchup (or worse, 6/2 vs 4/4) is awful.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dancer posted:

So I've played this game for a while, but only at a casual level. In my last online game I got some crazy lucky draws early on, and I'm not sure whether actually buying the provinces was a good idea. Yes I won, by a lot, but I did get slowed down for a bit. I'd appreciate feedback.
The kingdom is rather boring, with zero player interaction: Cellar Moat Harbringer Merchant Remodel Smithy Throne Room Lab Library Market
Turn 1 - 4$ get smithy
Turn 2 - 3$ get silver
Turn 3 - 3$ get silver
Turn 4 - smithy -> 7$ get gold
Turn 5 - 4$ get throne room
(here's where I get crazy lucky)
Turn 6 - throne room + smithy -> 8$ get province
Turn 7 - 8$ get province
Was this the right way to play?

Throne Room w/ 1 action in your deck is the biggest Hail Mary.

I think optimally, you'd open Remodel/Silver, Remodel your Estates into Throne/Smithy/Throne, Remodel C into an even split of Most/Cellar, Buy 1 more Silver, and then only Harbingers at 3 (Buy a Harbinger before the second Silver if you Remodel into Throne Room before you Reshuffle), and buy Labs at 5, Gold's at 6/7, and then once you've got a couple of Gold's, go hard on Provinces (eventually probably Remodeling a Gold or 2 into Provinces).

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I spent this morning playing against one of my old ISO nemeses from my phone. Site's good.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Also, Lurker+Possession should not exist.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dancer posted:

Are... are people who open Village+Village real (in a base set game), or am I hallucinating? Mommy I'm scared :(.

The only village it's ever cool to open with is Fishing Village (or Native on a 5/2).

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I should caveat that every strategy statement I make is for 2p only since I never play with 3p+.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Mirrored openings is one of the biggest missing features of the new client.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yo, add me to all your friends lists if you have xpacs so we can rumble.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Apparently if you call a Duplicate before your Royal Seal trigger, this can happen "Royal Seal loses track of Baker (it was covered up)."

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
M-m-m-monster Kill!

pre:
Turn 13 - Toshimo
T starts their turn.
T gets +1 Action and +1 Coin (Fishing Village).
T plays a Minion.
T plays a Minion.
T discards 2 Estates.
T draws a Copper, a Silver, an Artisan and a Minion.
a discards 4 other cards and an Abandoned Mine.
a draws 4 cards.
T plays an Artisan.
T gains an Artificer.
T topdecks a Copper.
T plays an Artificer.
T draws a Copper.
T discards a Copper and a Silver.
T gains a Settlers.
T plays a Minion.
T draws a Copper, an Artisan, a Fishing Village and a Settlers.
T plays a Settlers.
T draws a Minion.
T looks at 3 Estates, a Minion, 3 Coppers, a Silver and a Trading Post.
T puts a Copper into their hand.
T plays a Fishing Village.
T plays an Artisan.
T gains an Artificer.
T topdecks a Copper.
T plays an Artificer.
T draws a Copper.
T discards 2 Coppers.
T gains a Settlers.
T plays a Minion.
T draws a Copper, an Artisan, a Fishing Village and a Settlers.
T plays a Fishing Village.
T plays a Settlers.
T draws a Minion.
T looks at 3 Estates, a Minion, 4 Coppers, a Silver and a Trading Post.
T puts a Copper into their hand.
T plays an Artisan.
T gains an Artificer.
T topdecks a Copper.
T plays an Artificer.
T draws a Copper.
T discards 2 Coppers.
T gains a Settlers.
T plays a Minion.
T shuffles their deck.
T draws a Copper, an Estate, a Minion and a Settlers.
T plays a Settlers.
T draws a Copper.
T plays a Minion.
T discards 2 Coppers and an Estate.
T draws 2 Coppers, an Estate and a Trading Post.
T plays a Trading Post.
T trashes a Copper and an Estate.
T gains a Silver.
T plays a Copper and a Silver.
T buys and gains a Province.
T shuffles their deck.
T draws a Copper, a Silver, an Estate, an Artisan and a Minion.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Someone make a friend list spreadsheet pls so I can smash goons erryday.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I really need more people who don't concede one the 2nd reshuffle and drop table because they know they done hosed up.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tekopo posted:

these guys are dumb, YOU DONT JUST BUY THE SAME FRIKIN CARD! it's a good idea to get a chaple if there are witches and thus curse cards (if you can trash curses). he's so dumb...... cards become more powerful in combos, and the most versatile combos are what win the game. Chapels are end game cards like victory points. you need chapel to clean up the crap in your deck later on, such as copper, which wastes space late game. Nobody would stock up on chapel at the beginning

Are you OK, friend? Do you need an adult?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
People who read Youtube comments are perhaps the definition of "needs an adult".

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

sector_corrector posted:

What's everyone's favorite workhorse card that makes every deck better (aside from Silver)?

I love Ironmonger. It's a cantrip that is nearly guaranteed to do something useful, and is really only hindered by curses.

Chariot Race

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo posted:

Chariot Race

Like, the rage quits I get when my opponent has a copper on top and I Race for 5VP and a Platinum are glorious.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Guy A. Person posted:

Oh I mean unless you play 5 in a row, I somehow glossed over the plus action.

Yeah. You just play a whole mess of them, cause if they have a $0 card on top, it stays there while you just keep pulling ahead.

It's thematically fantastic and a strong as gently caress card.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
What do you do when you are dumpstering someone on an interesting board but their pace of play is slothful to the point of madness?

Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

jivjov posted:

Do you want a useful answer or a lewd answer? I have both prepared.

Yes pls.