Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

I love digital Dominion so much that I couldn't stop myself from grabbing all the Dominion expansions if I tried to buy the physical cards and spend all my money. So I'll just have to play the online version instead. Has there been any previews/first impressions of the new client yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

So for Dominion Online, attempting to pay for a subscription from the US takes me to an European payment site. Is it possible to pay with an US credit card? Any additional fees or anything? Just wanted to figure this out before paying.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Barge isn't Wharf, but it still seems pretty good. Smithy with a +buy stapled onto it is still fine, and the delay effect could be helpful for smoothing.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Ah King's Court, you broken thing you. The original megaturn with Bridge.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Menagerie Previews 3:Exile posted:

Menagerie includes Exile mats, one per player. They're a place to put cards where they're still yours but not in your deck. The Exile mat has a built-in rule to let you get the cards off of it; check it out:

What that all means will vary a lot, depending on the card doing the exiling. Eight kingdom cards use Exiling, and six landscapes; here are some of those kingdom cards.

Bounty Hunter mainly stores cards that you probably don't want to draw anymore. If you didn't have one of whatever it is in Exile already, you get +$3, so early on it helps you spike $ amounts, and then it's either a way to at least get rid of more cards, or you can consider collecting a bounty on something you weren't exactly planning on parting with. And after that it can keep Provinces out of your deck, so I mean, what's not to like.

Stockpile has a different trick: it Exiles itself. You can just buy another one to get back the first one, and Exile them again, and buy another to get back those two, and so on. Until the pile runs out anyway.

Coven has yet another trick. It hands out Curses, but they don't just poison your deck immediately; they accumulate in Exile and then one day you dump them all into your deck at once. I will just tell you now, you better not be relying on Bounty Hunter to get rid of the Curses; you can keep collecting the bounty, but Coven will keep dumping them back into your deck.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Poor House is real good with this Way.

They keep finding new design space for this game, and it is great.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Could also be a good way to get rid of your Chapel once things are duly trashed.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Way of the Camel looks kinda hard to fit in, but a delayed Gold gainer option seems pretty good for getting payload ready.

Way of the Worm seems weird. Emergency piling option?

Overall, looks like a high-quality expansion. Ways are cool (even the simple ones), the new events are pretty flashy, and the return of variable cost cards always leads to fun shenanigans with multiple buys.

Roluth fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 17, 2020

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Opinions on Groom vs. Ironworks? The Victory option is straight-up better with Groom, but the other two bonuses are less immediate benefits.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=21253.0

First previews for Prosperity 2E are up. Mountebank is dead, alongside Counting House. Expect better Treasures in the next previews.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Mr. Squishy posted:

From having played not much of it, I expect Loot to be disliked by a lot of people. A lot of top-decking randomness that can be really grating in a relatively short 2p game. I Peril away my Necropolis and get a Staff, they get a Prized Goat, gently caress you, I resign.

Yeah I can see that. Feels a lot like Boons/Curses fron Nocturne, which were random themselves and not particularly liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

So, the cost for the Steam version is kinda eye-popping if you want everything. How is it compared with the browser (subscription) version these days, and which is more populated?