Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
I have an empty Hobby Lobby box that's been sitting unused for almost a year, just because I've been too cheap/lazy to make good dividers. But I need to stop buying Dominion expansions until I organize the ones I have (Intrigue, Seaside, Prosperity, Dark Ages).

What dividers do y'all like? And what did you print them on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Also the bots are actually pretty good. It's a nice way to learn about the cards from Empires, which I had yet to play. I really like it, though it definitely requires keeping track of a lot of poo poo. I've never bothered with a VP counter before, but I may turn it on for Empires games.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Should we get a username list going?

I'm aggrosa

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Edit: gently caress, beaten

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Dancer posted:

The advent of this new website was also the time I actually started "try-harding" this game, so let my lack of experience be known before I start spouting bullshit :v: .

Is it me, or does this game actually have a huge first player advantage? Basically any interaction card feels like it's stronger if it's drawn earlier. If you and your opponent both rush Witch, there's a decent chance you will get a curse in his deck one shuffle earlier. If both of you get Militia/Torturer and start gimping each other asap, you get one extra turn with a non-gimped hand, and in a game of engine building, that turn difference will amplify.

It's not always a huge difference, but in a game where both players go Militia/Silver, and player 1 draws Militia-Silver-Copper-Copper-Estate, player 2 is turbofucked if he has something like Silver-Copper-Copper-Copper-Estate. Player 1 gets a Gold, player 2 gets a 4-cost card and has no chance of picking up a Gold until the next reshuffle.

So, it's probably better that player 2 attempt an alternate strategy that doesn't rely on being the first to play a Militia.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

I would've opened Chapel/Silver or Chapel/Vassal instead of Bureaucrat. Bureaucrat is a weak attack that becomes a liability later in the game. I like Vassal in that kingdom because it can work well with Harbinger by bringing an action from your discard to the top of the deck, and then getting Vassal to play it for you.

But Chapel/Silver is straightforward and effective. Even if you draw Chapel/S/C/C/C you can still trash 2 coppers and buy an action or another Silver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Mastermind as a 5 cost is loving absurd.