Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

:siren: dominion finally came out for iOS :siren:

now I can play daily dominion with everyone else, just as don intended

auspicious start!

I just said gently caress it and bought all of the expansions in one go on discount (the bundle is like $50 off on iOS rn) only to find out later that it the promos are separate transactions... I like when black market shows up in the kingdom but not enough to pay $5 for just it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

everyone shits on tournament for being high-variance and kingdom-defining but an urchin/mercenary board is much less enjoyable for me

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

crack market is leagues above the other promos. we love the slot machine

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

horse traders is only good to reliably get a copy of a powerful 5-cost in the early game and sometimes for its +buy, the reaction side of it is almost never relevant and theres a lot of other stuff I’d rather open with on most boards (inc. silver/silver). it was the most interesting of the culled cards (other than tournament lol) so yeah nothing I’ll weep to lose

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

there wasn't space, man

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

opened masquerade / tournament, then courtier/tournament on second shuffle. courtier is fairly strong because of its modality and a reliable +3 for 5 early on and I was able to buy a couple of provinces and start grabbing prizes by turn 6. masquerade is an unskippable opening buy on most boards its present on though

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

45% winrate for my first month of daily dominion :unsmith:

I’m impressed by the AI’s ability to build towards a cohesive deck on kingdoms with good sources of +action and +buy that looks like it’s durdling until turn 13-15 and then goes off with consecutive multi-province turns. on boards where I can’t readily spot the big combo I tend to buy green a little earlier than it does and as such need a bit of luck to get the w. I’ve been looking forward to playing against it every day so it was well worth the cost

keldon posted:

Glad you're enjoying the AI opponent! Was a long, hard road for sure.

excellent work!

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

one of the funniest things in the game is when I build a huge early lead on the AI that makes winning impossible for it and it “gives up” and starts doing things like buying three copper every turn

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

for some reason in over 350+ games against hard AI on the app I have never had a kingdom with gardens present. afaict I don’t have a ban set for it or any other cards. :tinfoil: maybe but is the app surreptitiously biased to not include gardens because it makes the AI play wonky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I improved my winrate over last month by a fraction of a percent :sweatdrop: