Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
Tunnel, because I love gold stacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

taser rates posted:

Games tend to run between 14 and 20 turns I believe, though I don't have any hard stats to back that up off hand.

I think the metric is that Big Money can buy 4 provinces in an average 16 turns.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

Safety Biscuits posted:

The issue seems to be that people aren't clicking "ready" to play the game, which might be because someone creates a phantom game by mistake and then nobody clicks ready because the game "owner" isn't ready and if not everyone is ready, what's the point? You just sit around for ages waiting for nothing. This works for two-player games but not 3+ players. There's also no documentation or explanation of anything, no apparent ranking system, and no logout button...

I'm Genghis Khanival btw.

I usually wait until my second $8 hand to buy Provinces, on the grounds that you might get lucky and get $8 on turn 5 but that's way too early. I don't know if that's too cautious.

Well, here's a question for people - in what situations do you buy the early province?

Followup question - I had a game recently where I managed $8 on like turn 3 and decided to risk it and buy the province, then used some extra buys on subsequent turns to buy more copper to try to even out my money draw (there were also some curses flying around). Do you think it makes sense to buy copper ever, if the kingdom cards aren't specifically enabling it (e.g. Gardens, Coppersmith)?

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
You probably didn't buy enough Rats. Remember, every Rat gets you more Rats, so it's good to buy as many as possible.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
Rats is the funniest card to play. Treasure Map might be funnier to watch someone else play but rats racing them is funny too.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
Capitalism

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

quote:

If you want, it can be Turtles all the way down.

I feel comfortable saying he designed the card specifically to make this joke.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
It's probably just looking at the discard pile constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

H2Omelon posted:

Farmhands $4 Action - +1 Card, +2 Actions || When you gain this, you may set aside and Action or Treasure from your hand, and play it at the start of your next turn.

Is this the first card to let you play a (non-action) treasure outside of your buy phase?