Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
Because its New Years Eve and I have nothing better to do, I wrote some code that sends you back the tweet you wrote physically printed from a receipt printer! Why? Why Not! Tweet anything tonight using the hashtag #tweetticker, and you'll get your tweet right back! AMAZING!

edit: Twitter suspended my account from publishing more tweets, after printed you can find the tweet at http://www.tweetticker.com/

tyk00n fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice

Putty posted:

this is the exact opposite of what i wanted

sorry, it doesnt care for pictures too much

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
you should get a reply right away, unless you are @yaoidivision, in which case you won't get any more. I also fixed the margins (I think) so stuff shouldn't get cut off.

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice

Ranma Fan Art posted:

lol how many did they print to get cut off

about 12 - I would've left it if they were unique, but I'm guessing we might be dealing with Dare

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice

That Robot posted:

I still didn't get mine, op

Does it DM you on twitter or what?

it should tweet it back at you, when did you send it ?

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
Looks like my twitter API account has been made read-only, so tweets won't be going out any time soon

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
You can find your printed tweets now at http://www.tweetticker.com until I get twitter going again

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
So I guess Twitter doesn't like you sending out automated @ tweets unless you are a managed twitter partner account. I asked about a couple work arounds, and if they would result in another block, the answer was "maybe" - not very reassuring.

However, if anyone is still using this, you can now add #red, #blue, #yellow, #green, #orange or #purple to change the color of the light shining on the printout before it takes the picture, exciting times!*

*it uses a hue light, so its about as reliable as my wifi

tyk00n fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 5, 2017

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice

Ben Smash posted:

OP, bounce your wifi that light ain't working.

I'll move some stuff around when I get home from work, too much lead paint between my router and the light I guess.

edit: should be all good now

tyk00n fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 6, 2017

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice

rear end posted:

still doesn't work

There is a hub that controls the lights that I thought I had moved close enough to the room with the printer/computer but I guess not. It is literally 3 feet away from the lamp now, if this doesn't fix it then nothing will.

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice

OMGVBFLOL posted:

rolls out a broken, untested feature. declares it functional, shares with everyone the great new abilities the feature gives. feature is still completely broken after multiple attempts to fix, not one person has been able to use as intended, throws up hands and declares advertised features impossible.

im p sure i just doxxed you as a silicon valley software engineer

It works perfectly, everyone else is just using it wrong.

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice

That Robot posted:

if im doing #tweetticker and a color like #blue and get no response, what's up? I though it got fixed

sorry, I was out and I guess the printer went offline - you can tweet to it now. I'm working on a queue for offline issues, but haven't gotten much in place yet

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
If anyone cares, here is the mess you are making. The sconce on the gear vr box is in front of the camera, the printer feed goes up to a coat hanger that is hanging from a hook in the ceiling, then it all comes back down to the floor.

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice

Ranma Fan Art posted:

you should wallpaper your bathroom with it when it's all over

But then what will I wipe my rear end with ??

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice

Sounds like somebody here doesn't have a fat rear end ... mods ??

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice

Ranma Fan Art posted:

haha yeah the mods all have fat asses

If that's true you might as well call me Lowtax

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice

Ranma Fan Art posted:

hello lowtax

Hi from me, lowtax! Please friend give zoink2000 all your american monies to be active alive still friend!!! thjanks! lowatx!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
Don't bother with the # colors , clearly thats a broken mess right now - going to figure out another way to do it

• Locked thread