Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
You know whats good? Chips and salsa? You know whats better? Pineapple salsa! gently caress the winter cold.

Ingredients:
1 Pineapple
1 smallish red onion
1 non-green bell pepper
1 bundle of scallions
1 bundle of cilantro, around here that works out to a fist size of leaves.
6 limes, or equivalent fresh lime juice

-First finely dice a pineapple. (*See below about how to do this in reasonable time)
-As you dice it put it in a large mesh strainer over a bowl. (Or the drain, if youre some sort of wastrel)
-Let the juices drain, I normally let it sit for two hours, you'll probably get over a cup of juice per pineapple. (drink it for your S/O)
Meanwhile
-Rinse, core, and de-seed the pepper and then dice the meat of it, aiming for 1/8 to 1/4 inch bits, I like squares aesthetically
-Shuck and finely dice the red onion.
-Rinse and chop up the scallions into nice little rounds, don't go too far down the stem, as the parts closer to the root isn't as good.
-Rinse the cilantro well, then start stripping the leafy bits from the core stem, toss any that are going brown and shriveling. Once you have a nice pile of the leafy bits separated from their more bitter heavy stems roll and fold them into a night tight pile, then chop them into tiny bits too.

Once the pineapple has been separated from its delicious but all too excessive juice mix them all together in a bowl.
Squeeze the lime juices over the mixture,
Mix more.
Toss in the fridge until ready to serve
-When you're ready mix again before serving as even after 20 minutes all the lime and remaining pineapple juice have started settling again, and moist is good.

---

*The best way I know to finely dice a pineapple in under an hour*

-Chop off bottom, stand up and hold by leaves as you use a knife to strip the rind, if you want to be gentle for all the little brown divets depends on how much you care.
-Chop off the top and slice in half.
-Without cutting all the way through the core(!) Make slices radially and axially toward the core, try to get close, go nuts up and down its length and around it, then add in some other directions for good measure.
-Prop it up on its half bottom again, a corn cob poker helps but a fork into the core also helps, and start shaving off pineapple working your way to the core, it should fall away in millions of tiny pineapple bits, and a gallon of sticky juices which is why you should have that strainer handy.
-Repeat for second half and toss the cores.

And now I find out I don't have any saved pictures on my phone, I'll edit one in next time I make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread