Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Trapezium Dave posted:

Happy New Year! :toot:

Even Bill Leak is right once in a while. Stopped clock and all that. gently caress the War on Terror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Even Bill Leak is right once in a while. Stopped clock and all that. gently caress the War on Terror.

only because it's inconveniencing poor stepped upon white men

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It's been a whole year since DBD was banned. It's been a magical time.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well, guess what. I checked. Still chopin veggies

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Well, guess what. I checked. Still chopin veggies

Also realistic hu-man phrasing like "Meet me in the loft at ten 'til new year"

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

If green-skinned people suddenly appeared in America, they would go straight to the bottom of the race ladder.

Happy 12017 Holocene.

Acid Haze fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jan 1, 2017

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
I kind of think "It's a powerful symbol, you don't want to overuse it" should be listed under the in-jokes. Also, the description for Chris Britt doesn't match the posted cartoon.

Also, I was number 11 in the list of top posters? That surprises me, given how many times I'd stop checking for a few weeks.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I advise anyone confused by Red Panels to go to his Patreon page and watch the video he put up. It's enlightening.

I wonder how much of a donation you have to make for him to reveal his chickenshit name/face.

Also, does Muir actually get posted in the bad webcomics thread? Last time I went there, over 10 pages back didn't reveal one of his strips, despite there being two separate comics featuring single-digit-aged children being raped.

Happy Too New Year!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Ground floor, yet the only way is down

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Sandpuppy posted:

10 pages back didn't reveal one of his strips, despite there being two separate comics featuring single-digit-aged children being raped.

Uh, I would just like, google, "day by day" or his name or something.. rather than.... that.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
As I recall, it went something like, "Bad webcomics, eh? I've seen dozens of Lesters and McCoys!", followed shortly by :stare:. So yeah, it wasn't an experience I'd care to repeat, hence my asking.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Okay, new years resolution: post more often.

I mean, my name is in the OP. I should be more generous... like Santa!

With the (failing) Jamaican dollar!

With rifles!

Like the Jamaican equivalent of Jeremy Corban!

Like... Jesus Christ Jamaica, stop beating your women already.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

KillerJunglist posted:

Like... Jesus Christ Jamaica, stop beating your women already.

Or at least beat your men equally.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Is "ketch him a yard, ketch him a road" basically "give him an inch..."?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

It seems more like

"At home" and "Not at home"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

only because it's inconveniencing poor stepped upon white men
Well, sure. It's like the one Garrison I ever agreed with, where he clearly had just gotten a speeding ticket or something and wrote an angry red-faced screed about schlubs who put on cop uniforms and become AUTHORITY MAN inconveniencing (white) citizens.

e:

Sandpuppy posted:

As I recall, it went something like, "Bad webcomics, eh? I've seen dozens of Lesters and McCoys!", followed shortly by :stare:. So yeah, it wasn't an experience I'd care to repeat, hence my asking.
As someone who reads that thread, no, we don't post Muir there. I think it's just one of those consensus stay-away things, like the worse ones only less bad.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pants Donkey posted:

See him at home, see him on the street.

Basically "sure these guys are all tough when they're beating their wives, but they turn into big sissies on the streets" I guess? Not sure if it's supposed to be more anti-domestic violence or anti-gang.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Not quite. This is about not being able to get drunk in public for new years.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

Also, does Muir actually get posted in the bad webcomics thread? Last time I went there, over 10 pages back didn't reveal one of his strips, despite there being two separate comics featuring single-digit-aged children being raped.

It is not, because a comic that endorses rape is far worse than a comic that uses rape as an edgy tragic backstory.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
This has to be one of the best OPs that I have ever seen on this site. Nicely done OP.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Sad to see Stephen Collins wasn't mentioned in the first post.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Acid Haze posted:

Uh, I would just like, google, "day by day" or his name or something.. rather than.... that.

I sometimes think the lack of Day By Day in last year's thread was a factor in keeping us blind to the possibility of a Trump win. But yea, trying to keep up with all the black bars that would be needed to make it sfw isn't worth it.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
bring back dbd imo

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Streak posted:

bring back dbd imo

Bring back DBD, but only post the comic from the last Friday of each month.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Syfe posted:

Sad to see Stephen Collins wasn't mentioned in the first post.

He's not really a political cartoonist, although his occasional takes on politics are generally pretty good. Tone wise he is bang on for this thread though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

LanceHunter posted:

I sometimes think the lack of Day By Day in last year's thread was a factor in keeping us blind to the possibility of a Trump win.

You think anyone would take Chris Muir loving Trump as a serious indicator of a Trump win? Every year he was posted here his month long donation drive took longer and longer.

Rorus - your Darrin Bell link in the OP is busted.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Shouldn't Andy Marlette be in the OP? He gets posted in this thread a lot more often than some of the other guys.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Wheres the bad webcomics thread? Is it the one in BYOB that got clogged with licensed print comics? Did they stop doing that? It was overwelming. Want to go back to the days of CAD photoshops

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Pants Donkey posted:

Here's the wall of shame from 2016:

1302 pages of poo poo, down from 2015's 1435 pages. But the thread in 2016 was also a lot more tolerable, so perhaps there's something to be said for quality over quantity.

:pants:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
I'd like to remind people that, if this thread gets too much for you, there's the comparatively sedate British Political Cartoons thread. Complain about how racist Mac is without ever having to see a Tinsley!

:britain:

Observer:

"2017: the year of the Donald – Chris Riddell on prospects for the new year"

Sunday Telegraph:

Arise, Sir Ken: comedian Ken Dodd, who has been awarded a knighthood, on the art of making people happy

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Happy 2017 from Bruce Tinsley!

The funny part is that this cartoon couldn't even be called racist against any particular group, really, but it is definitely pro-racism, which feels worse somehow

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
So far so g

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Happy 2017 from Bruce Tinsley!

:mad:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Happy 2017 from StantisAllie!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
at what point will Adcock's putin nipples have to go behind NSFW tags

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Have we started getting drunk duck's new year's predictions or is that also on a two-week delay with him?

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Pants Donkey posted:

"Catch him a yard" is basically "behind closed doors". I guess it's supposed to be like when you are in your front yard you act like you're at home but forget other people can see you.

Begemot posted:

See him at home, see him on the street.

Basically "sure these guys are all tough when they're beating their wives, but they turn into big sissies on the streets" I guess? Not sure if it's supposed to be more anti-domestic violence or anti-gang.

Anti-domestic violence, I think. There has been a rise in wife-beatings reported in the last few months.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

Mo_Steel posted:

Have we started getting drunk duck's new year's predictions or is that also on a two-week delay with him?

Judging from the last two years, we'll be getting those well into March.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

• Locked thread