Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Alhazred posted:

This reminds of something: In 249 BC the romans were battling Carthago, as tradition the romans offered some chickens some grains. If the chicken ate the grain the romans would win, if they refused the romans would lose. The chickens refused to eat. This annoyed the roman general Publius Claudius Pulcher who threw the chickens overboard while saying "Bibant, quoniam esse nolunt" ("Let them drink, since they don't wish to eat").
He then proceeded to lose terribly and got executed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The right-wing is going to win the culture war due to being better balanced and stable. ABC.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

С точки зрения банальной эрудиции, далеко не каждый индивидуум способен игнорировать тенденции парадоксальных абстракций.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

One thing I keep hearing is "Sure this is awful, but the political satire comedian scene is going to be great again!"

To which I remember this Patton Oswalt bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA87H96VTxA
I believe "this video is unavailable" is a more relevant message now than ever before.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Well, if your lifelong ambition was to actually blow someone's mind by posting a link, consider it achieved.

Racism aside, what the gently caress else do these assholes want?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Pierogi posted:

You can almost see the idea forming and then the cartoonist realizing that the swastika should be flipped and then him saying "gently caress it, let's do it anyway".
As in... the Nazis are going away this year?

That's the correct alignment.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

That looks a bit more... 3d... than the usual Varvel stuff.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Red Ryder posted:

He is destroying their brand and driving away advertisers.
The gently caress was the Twitter "brand" before he came along? Who was going "yeah, this is a great platform for productive communication"?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Meanwhile, in Russian political cartoon news:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btLZwPtYAE4

Yes, that's an actual, real thing.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

SwitchbladeKult posted:

There is no reason that needs to be 44 minutes long. How can any sane person possibly watch this start to finish?
:tinsley:By not being a millenial piece of poo poo, crying for a safe space for your attention span :tinsley:

Russia is making its own version of North Korean propaganda cartoons. Only aimed against wizards, which are absolutely real.

Yeah, that's what happens when your kleptocracy is slowly transformed into a particularly batshit theocracy.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mister Mind posted:

Don't you do this, Scholtz. Don't you put your evil on this nice cartoon.
I'm not sure what that edit is about. Explain?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Angepain posted:

I have to be honest, on my first scroll past that I thought it was just a penis.
Isn't it?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

loquacius posted:

What's the running tally on the "circus over but Trump is real circus" cartoons so far anyway
Doing a compilation, I ended with 17 (though a few had to do with a previous wave of "no more elephants in the circus" cartoons)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Jedit posted:

You could literally suggest a Holocaust on the Muslims and the only reason Kirschen would get angry is because you were comparing it to what the Nazis did. People like him believe that Jews are God's chosen people. The Holocaust was evil only because Jews were killed, and it is not wrong for Israelis to kill Palestinians because the land was given to the Jews by God and the Muslims are acting in his despite by living there.
That's not an exaggeration btw:
http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/inner-nazi-or-never-again-jew-which-are-you/

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 20, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

A compilation of cartoons related to the Ringling circus closing. Fresh takes all around.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

I love that his supporters all played along that he was saying "big league" instead of "bigly"
He was. Is.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

If Rall had absolutely any degree of talent, he'd be drawing something like this:
http://www.theonion.com/article/departing-obama-tearfully-shoos-away-loyal-drone-f-55100

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

1stGear posted:

You know who else thought it was a good idea to civilly engage with and appease fascists? That's right, Neville Chamberlain.

Negotiating with Trumpists will help buy time to rebuild the arsenal of democracy. AGP.

(But secretly still a bad post)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Jurgan posted:

Who is this? It looks kind of like Rall
It has humans who look like humans and a sense of perspective, so... no.

Hihohe posted:

Where are the comics?
Here?

But have some Italian WWI political cartoons (less nightmarish / chibi than the usual Italian WWI cartoons)
Italy being courted by both sides of the war before deciding to commit.
Drowning in the sea of neutrality, Italy will only take offers of territory that are rightfully hers. Mixed metaphors ahoy.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 23, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

After The War posted:

This may be the most accurate caption I have ever seen.
Are you having trouble processing what the image means?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

They're grrrrrrreat!
"Wow, is that all for the War on Poverty?"
"Next!"
Our rapist former president was recently released from jail. So, hopefully someone else might do a mere 5-year sentence once he's done ruining everything.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Does Israel have a poverty problem?
90% of the population has a microwave and a refrigerator, so obviously not.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

It's a perfect coining, though. The alt-right reads alt-media that feeds them alt-facts. There's a certain elegance to it.

And that's another good illustration of why they cannot be debated with and instead need to be punched.
If there's one strategy that historically worked well for leftists fighting fascism, it's street fights. Definitely a proven winner.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

So, an alliance with the Nazis is the order of the day?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

ThaumPenguin posted:

I'm probably being pedantic here, but non-aggression pacts aren't alliances.

Axetrain posted:

Haha, get a load of this jackass.
Teaming up to carve apart a third party counts as an alliance for all practical purposes.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Potato Salad posted:

I like the "hey plenty of non-Jewish whites died in the Holocaust too" fact pointed out here as though it defends resurgent nationalism.
Actually, I think you'll find mentioning this constitutes Holocaust denial.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

loquacius posted:

(a) the USSR and Nazi Germany started off WW2 as allies of convenience

Axetrain posted:

Haha, get a load of this jackass.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mother. Fucker.

Unless I'm misreading this (and I sincerely doubt that I am) it's just "The swamp is drained. Trump promised to drain the swamp, and therefore the swamp is drained. Reality? Facts? gently caress you. gently caress you very much, we no longer have to engage with either of those, and can be more blatant than ever about it".

That's what the next four years are going to be all about.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

The labeling on the wall is confusing, as is the inside baseball reference to a DC neighborhood.
Huh. Well, on the bright side, at least that level of sheer disconnect from reality is limited to Branco and Garrison?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Gainfully employed for literal decades.
Guest lecturers at actual university courses boast of cooperating with that fucker.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Now I want to start a political discussion in the steam thread and a games discussion in the political cartoons thread.

Do we even have any remaining mods that would be bothered by either?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Hah. I would actually be surprised if a single gently caress violently screeching in this article comments section is the least bit phased.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 30, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Still are relevant as ever:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slackt...eterans-refuge/

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The addition of "generically uniformed guy with cellphone" to an existing cartoon proved utterly flawless.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

haveblue posted:

Always wondered: Why is the strip named "Dry Bones" in the first place? Has he ever explained this?
http://www.mrdrybones.com/ezekiel.html
Please post Kirscherner's attempts to draw a beard here.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

:perfect:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Kopijeger posted:

It might be common, but it is a mistake that would only be made by someone who never bothered reading beyond the first line.
No poo poo. Do you imagine a lot of people have?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

loquacius posted:

In Which the Statue of Liberty expresses dismay at the concept of immigration
That's what lady Liberty is all about, don't you know.

Jay Rust posted:

Two Bulls does comedy :holymoley:

No idea what the first three are about, can only guess at the last two.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 7, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fish Of Doom posted:

So is there some weird pact where every single conservative cartoonist has to draw a "tolerant liberal beating a man with a picket sign" cartoon? I swear there's been at least 10 in the last few pages.
The thread regularly speculates about a conservative hivemind or marching orders to draw the exact same imagery or the same message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"Antifa Black Bloc slammed two fireworks into the campus, (Commander In) Chief. We was comin’ back from the city of San Francisco to Berkeley. We’d just delivered Milo. One of the good ones. Eleven hat wearing men went into the counterprotest. Our line went down in 12 minutes.

Didn’t see the first leftist for about a half-hour. Anarchist. 6-footer. You know how you know that in the streets Chief? You can tell by lookin’ from the hoody to the boots. What we didn’t know, was that our counterprotest was so secret, no distress tweet had been sent. They didn’t even list us overdue for 6 hours. Very first streetlight, Chief, leftists come cruisin’ by, so we formed ourselves into tight groups. It was sorta like you see in the calenders. Infantry squares like in the old calendars like the Battle of Bunker Hill and the idea was the leftist come to the nearest man, that man he starts trollin’ and posturin’ and sometimes that leftist he go away… but sometimes he wouldn’t go away.

Sometimes that leftist looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a leftist is he’s got watery eyes. Weepy eyes. Like a baby’s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be an adult… ’til he punches ya, and those watery eyes roll over commie red and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched virtue signalin’. The Overton Window closes up, and despite all your trollin’ and your posturin’ those leftists come in and… they tolerate you to pieces.

So much for the tolerant left.
:perfect:

• Locked thread