Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Fulchrum posted:

We were always going to die anyway.

People die all the time, walk it off. I died and then pulled myself up by my bootstraps back to the land of the living.

I can't wait for the usual suspects to feel real conflicted between hating and loving Trump - he's technically on their side, yet he's burning everything they claim to stand for to the ground.

Not that they ever prioritized consistency over fanaticism... and not like they were comprehensible before this mess happened.

... it's just going to be business as usual isn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Keiya posted:

Oh wait that's supposed to be satire?

Should be the thread title really.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Not only did Obama not overuse executive orders, Trump willingly associating with something called "White Out" would be a public relations nightmare.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Hostile V posted:

I mean it's kind of defeating the purpose if Humpty is still together, isn't it? What is this, the Affordable Care Act will survive any heights its detractors will go to in order to destroy it? It's batter and bruised and patchwork like the real ACA but it's fine and it works. All this cartoon does is make the elephant look guilty, like he came in on a stretcher and while the EMT's back was turned the elephant started beating the ACA with a hammer and got caught and is like "what? Me? No, I didn't do that".

I mean any way you slice it AGC I guess. Good job with the Garrison-level botched metaphor.

The elephant did everything it could to kill ACA, and is going "Seriously?" at it surviving and getting told to fix it.

A reality-reflecting comic.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

loquacius posted:

I thought this was the same cartoon Ramirez has made five times already, but the caption saved it at the last moment

If it was a British cartoon it'd show Trump's bare arse.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Extensive Vamping posted:

I guess deliberately low-effort isn't the way to go, I'll actually fire up photoshop and try a funny joke for the next one

How the gently caress are we supposed to recognize deliberately low-effort and stupid among the Gorrells and the Ramirezes?

To do that you'd need to go double-meta subversive to the style of making The Modest Proposal as a restaurant menu in a fictional children's magazine.

EDIT: Or a slice-of-life comic with main characters being "liberals" (or normal people) in the mad universe the Republicans would have to inhabit to not just be callous liars and bigots.

endlessmonotony fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 17, 2017

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Angepain posted:

I have to be honest, on my first scroll past that I thought it was just a penis.

I've now seen it thrice and I'm not convinced it isn't.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Fojar38 posted:

The piss streams in the back are a nice touch

They're fireworks. Whatever they symbolize is up to your interpretation.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

The delay sure made this into a brilliant AGC.

I had completely forgotten the incident with the giant clusterfuck of late, and thus, I didn't recognize the context. And read it without one and found myself stunned by the self-awareness.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Samurai Sanders posted:

Am I the only one who only associates "get off my lawn" with old men?

There's no way Madonna would be so aggressive about his sexuality if he was a woman.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

endlessmonotony posted:

There's no way Madonna would be so aggressive about his sexuality if he was a woman.

Also this was meant to be way-over-the-top mocking of the misogynists. I have just realized I don't know how to pretend to be more horrible than they are.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

War Wizard posted:

There's a lot of butt hurt guys that are super upset they didn't get a say in their circumcision. I'm really not particularly sure why it matters, I've always figured they just fetishize how uncut looks.

Removing the foreskin has no benefit unless you're suffering from a specific medical problem, not in a world where "running clean water" and "condoms" exist.

And it causes severe trauma to babies, makes the glans less sensitive, makes the penis more susceptible to injury and makes jerking off harder - and that's when nothing goes wrong and they don't lop off a chunk by accident and there's no infection.

You'd have to be opposed to masturbation with a religious fervor to think it's a good idea once you know the facts.

It's needless, awful surgery for babies that's routinely done for no reason other than tradition, and it should have been banned for decades by now.

... now I don't get how feminism is stopping this in any way, or why women supposedly are against men on this topic.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Someone please edit in the inscription on the Statue of Liberty.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Being a cyborg isn't all it's cracked up to be. Wait, it's said to be suffering and struggling with augmented abilities. Oh wait yeah that's about right.

If Musk likes cyborgs so much, why doesn't he augment himself? Oh wait, the nausea and the infections, probably.

I didn't ask for this.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

D.N. Nation posted:

Corbyn is ineffectual as gently caress but at least looks like what a daddy's-money urban leftist podcaster thinks is revolutionary.

Which makes him the best leader for any political party in Britain, possibly excluding Sturgeon if you really don't like Westminster running the country. Which, to be fair, is a completely sane opinion to have with this clusterfuck.

Corbyn is an old fool not really up to date on anything... but he means well. With the clown show of incompetence and malice Britain is, this makes him better than any other choice that's shown up.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Begemot posted:

Yeah I had to learn cursive in grade school. But I did not have to use it, ever, so I don't remember a bit of it.

It's a stupid thing to do anyway. Why should kids learn to write in a way that's harder to read which was designed for ease of use with quill pens?

The kinds of cursive taught to kids are loving useless even with rarer pens, as someone who has disposable paper plates ready just in case ink spills when I'm filling my pen with a syringe.

Cursive is a pretty good example of a good idea completely ruined by people who can't understand how it works, and focus more on it looking "refined" than functionality.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Unkempt posted:

The New York Times doesn't have any cartoonists, does it? What the gently caress is he on about?

I tried shrugging my shoulders like a Ted Rall character, and now I'm pretty sure I've got a dislocated shoulder.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I wonder if in a thousand years the Prince of Orange, the Clown Prince of Orange and the King in Yellow have just melded into the same being in public consciousness.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Voyager I posted:

I'm waiting for the inevitable moment when a biological woman with an insufficiently-feminine physique gets assaulted for trying to go to the bathroom.

You mean, again?

Because that already happened a few months ago.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Office Pig posted:

"It's a proven fact that suicide is bad."

You say this, but did you see the goddamn rally for slow suicide via transfats when they were banned?

I'm morbidly curious what would have happened if Michelle started preaching awareness of suicide. Oh wait, I'm pretty sure I know - they'd have deliberately bullied minorities to suicide. Wait, that happened anyway. loving humans.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

D.N. Nation posted:

why
do
you
care
so
much
adam
adam

He keeps his comic getting confused for a Christian gay dating site and he can't deal with his feelings when he's reminded gay people exist.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

FaradayCage posted:

...it's not. Like I said, even Maxwell didn't fully understand it. Even the basics are firmly rooted in second-year university math and physics.

Yeah yeah, Quantum Mechanics, cat dead, or alive, who knows. Where's my diploma and book deal already?

Entropy's a very simple concept, you can fairly easily grasp what it does. How it works is a more complex subject. Like understanding how a car engine works versus building a car.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Fulchrum posted:

I mean, I don't want to be heartless here, and I know how it sounds, but, water exists (least outside of Michigan). I get that the tax does unfairly impact poorer families who drink a lot of soda, but those families can switch to just water if they are buying soda as a food staple rather than just something drunk occasionally.

Soda is a major contributor to diabetes and obesity, so the major purpose of the sin tax is just to get people to drink less soda and more water. That's what a sin tax is for, to influence lifestyle change.

You say soda is a major contribution to diabetes and obesity, which is... not even a little bit proven. There's a correlation for sure, but there's also a very strong correlation between fatigue and obesity.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

itskage posted:

Your emphasis is not what he said at all though. However you are correct that it is not. People are free to fill those gaps with chocolate cakes, doritos, and packs of cinnamon gum.

However, at least we have evidence that people will stop buying them with the tax (though not nessisarily consuming them as they can be purchased outside philly). Would be interesting if it could run a few more years and a study can be done to see if obesity rates drop. But it's probably not going to last, especially since it's pretty lovely to run this experiment on the lower income residents.

That said, implying that they don't have a role in weight gain is ludicrous.

His emphasis is what I actually said.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Discendo Vox posted:

I linked that thread because it's where we've spent pages upon pages discussing current defects in nutrition research, several of which came to a head in the incorrect consensus around added sugar as the cause for US obesity, which is grounded in a bunch of pseudoscientific research. It's a better site for the sugar discussion. That's all.

There's little to no sense keeping talking about this here; the in-depth research will keep publishing results as they come in, and in time "sugar causes obesity" will be just another page in the book "eggs cause heart disease" went in.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Shibby0709 posted:

This but unironically.

Fits with the right wing idea that it's alright to be as heinous as you want as long as you avoid the magic words.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't know what the legal procedure is or who does it in those cases- but it's not going to be illegal. At worst it'll be quasi-legal and well-documented like in the GWB years. IC agencies don't really "just do things" anymore. I suspect where it's not, say, consulate staff, they do in fact hand it off to the FBI, to avoid potential confusion or conflict. But the narrative coming out of the leak news story is "omg is the Government spying on me through my toilet?!"

The government is spying on you through your toilet only if your toilet is running Android.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

beepsandboops posted:

Bill Leak has died:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...4fbf-1489110169

Thank god I won't have to see this rear end in a top hat's hateful cartoons anymore

And nothing of value was lost.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Resistance Raccoons seem pretty great. Where can I subscribe to their newsletter?

Shove a self-addressed envelope into a watermelon and put it in an unlocked trash can.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Samurai Sanders posted:

They clearly regard it as the absolute lowest status thing to do...that thing that prevents the human race from extinction.

Their refusal to go extinct did lead to the current political situation however.

We should have listened to the old men of a century ago and faced to bloodshed.

Oh wait they did and they still survived. Goddamn humanity.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Scholtz posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salty_liquorice

Table salt isn't the only salt that people eat. Though, it takes a special type of person to enjoy ammonium chloride...

Go gently caress yourself.

It's a proud cultural tradition and I'll be damned if I let the conservative fuckheads steal that one too.

The only fuckhead I can offhand think of who it'd be appropriate to associate it with is Tinsley, because it makes vodka absolutely delicious.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Potato Salad posted:

What the loving gently caress is this trying to tell me

I think it's something about David Hasselhoff siding with the Germans again over Brexit.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

I just like to punch first, and ask questions while punching. (Or liked to. I got ridiculously sick of LoL about 6 months ago, and haven't touched it since.)

That said, yeah, some people can't explore other genders without some sort of "excuse". It's weird.

It's because some goons have severe social anxiety and instantly have a panic attack whenever someone does anything that could get them laughed at.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

21 Muns posted:

This is an utterly foul cartoon, from the framing of preventing atrocities like gas attacks as "killing brown people" to the implication that Trump groping women isn't seriously evil. gently caress, even if Trump is killing brown people for no reason (and, to be fair to the cartoonist, he probably is, but the thing he's referring to in this comic, based on the talking points, is the airfield bombing in Syria, which isn't even killing anyone, let alone for no reason), that'd be better than him groping women; most presidents have killed brown people for no reason, but none of them have, AFAIK, violated women's boundaries before (except for Thomas Jefferson, I guess, but no one knew that at the time). War is lovely, but it's always been lovely; meanwhile, Trump is turning back women's rights to a time before our country's foundation, when they couldn't even vote. And this cartoon is just helping him right along by literally portraying his victims as inanimate objects.

I wish we were getting lovely hot take cartoons about Hillary instead of Trump. :smith:

"What's worse: Hillary killing brown people, or Hillary being a woman president?"
-Alternate Universe Cyansky Probably

Is your gimmick being the worst at interpreting political cartoons?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I thought he himself was popular with citizens, but his party hated him, and people hated his party?

He's popular, but not THAT popular. A good 50% of the population hates his party AND ideas, because his ideas are "let's not cut off our nose to spite our face" or more "let's not wreck our healthcare to spite brown people".

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Lurdiak posted:

Fixed some bad cut and paste stuff that stuck out to me at a second glance, please tweet this version to Ben instead of the other one.

How much effort would it be to flip the entire image and fix the text?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Angular Cyrus posted:

Not that much.

Also,

Thanks, a swastika being flipped bothers me because it kinda ruins the message.

Faustian Bargain posted:

The Attack on Titan manga took a weird turn.

I dunno, that feels business as usual for Attack on Titan.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

vilkacis posted:

I didn't post my attempt because Angular Cyrus beat me to it, but it is a png if you want one:

(You may prefer the jpg version though :v:)

This version is better.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

BonHair posted:

Maybe tax people who make tons of money doing very little? Obama is just being a good capitalist, I thought that was a good thing?

Also, Tinsley, the Finnish have found the best solution: stop using "he" and just use "she" (or vice versa) for all humans.

Problem there being that the Finnish will gleefully use "it" for everything even if the prescriptivists at Kotimaisten Kielten Keskus say it is forbidden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Lurdiak posted:

It's very hard for some people, especially those who grew up reading utopian sci-fi, to accept that technology will not free us, and that society must change first. We could completely end scarcity and people would still starve, but no one wants to hear that.

This is nonsense. It should be in cartoon form.

• Locked thread