Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

HootTheOwl posted:

Ugh, it should be"Make Water gate again!", how do you gently caress that up?

WHen you're right you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Potato Salad posted:

Conservative A: :bahgawd: Goddamn Democrats and their weakness! Good thing we have a new sheriff in town. That MOAB drop and Tomahawk strike sure showed our enemies, and I'm sure glad we're taking a hard stance with North Korea.

Conservative B: :derp: loving interventionalist war-hawking DEMOCRATS! Why do they want to bomb and intervene so much? We aren't the world police!

At what point in the future do sides A and B of the GOP realize they're actually at odds with each other? Never?

Conservative B

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

His mother's French from what I recall so it's not that implausible. Easy to learn when young and it kinda sticks with you.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

He also did this, which had me guessing for a bit

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Please give this killer due respect.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I mean, Bill Maher is awful, the guy should get gestured at more often.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's insane the hateboner British media have for Corbyn, sucks for them that he has opinions actual Brits agree with.

Wouldn't that be nice if it were true.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yeah, if they only let Labour party members vote in the elction it'd be fine but his general polls are loving dire.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

is that just a dumb joke or did I miss a really weird news story?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Look at that adorable... world banking industries? General powers that be? He's so nervous, I want to protect him.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

World Famous W posted:

Unless the cattle trucks lying in wait for the next time is pulling it forward as the engine both trains are traveling left when viewed from the station.

Weatheeeer vanes

This is why we need to junk the old political categories and replace them with a new system based on cardinal directions. I'm South-west wing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

He's related to an autistic person, there's just no coming back from that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Did he rape some kids? Probably...
gently caress off Muns.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Also it'd get in the way of comparing her w/ Hitler.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I gotta say, if you find a small child eating poo poo, you should probably stop them.
Anyway, I don't see why you'd call Garrison honest when he's changed his tune drastically after the alt-right started giving him money either directly through commissions or through Patreon donations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Someone was shot by a husband and wife pair of nazis who genuinely feared for their lives or wanted to shoot a lefty (trial decision pending)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Bet you wish you'd never posted anything at all huh Cyrus?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

Garrison got the myth wrong, too. Hope was in Pandora's Box.

Everything wrong in the world was in that box, and also hope right at the end.. And scoffing at Ben using Pandora's Box is a way people would understand is pretty feeble.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Somfin posted:

I dunno, man, do you really think that a former president shouldn't take money that's offered to him? In what way does this taint anything beyond vague, ominous and unproven assertions of "well it's a bad look?"

They take their bribes afterwards.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I think you missed a joke Loq.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Kelly is the satircal alter-ego of cartoonist Ward Sutton, and he is published by The Onion. Or whatever the rubric was.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Sorry Prigee, but to be consistent, I have to post "Don't you kids now anything"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Fates End posted:

Can't tell if it's "See? At least Trump isn't literally murdering members of the press!" or just "Those wacky dictators!"

It's a "Trump is Having Duerte visit the White House, he's a crazy murderer, this shouldn't be happening". I'm not sure how you're going to sniff at that but have at it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

UberJew posted:

i really want to ask the artist if they're ok

these are more frustrated and angry than all the crosshatches in the world

Turns out a strip about a satisfied person, happy w/ their life, isn't that fun to read.

Nenonen posted:

Since Dees is no artist he's definitely nicked that Kim portrait from someone. No luck in finding the original though.

Just took a shot of his head from Getty or wherever, make it grey, then draw lines on it. I'm sure his artistry can stretch to that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Pretty good Mr. bean though.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Ramos posted:

Why are all the Brits so much better at drawing these cartoons than Americans? Do they have standards or something?

I think it's because we've got a handful of nationals with a cartoonist on staff and a very undernourished local press who can't afford to run cartoons, so you don't get these guns for hire out there trying to provide cartoons for as cheap as possible.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

logger posted:

Last time I checked the French economy is good enough that the common people are well off enough they can even afford cake, so way to go with loving up the context of that quote.

You seem to have missed that the cake, in this cartoon, is open boarders. I'm not going to claim that the metaphor tracks all the way through, it's really just a french thing to say devoid of meaning there, but the cartoon is not invalidated by a french janitor being able to buy a slice of cake.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

We have to put up w/ Zander because occasionally he'll put 50 cartoons in one post.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Kopijeger posted:

The cartoon seemed to refer to whitewashing in the racial sense. Thus the Japanese or East Asian equivalent of whitewashing. Also, keep in mind that Hollywood does its thing because they believe it would be most profitable that way, so it isn't necessarily relevant that there are actors of all kinds of backgrounds available.

They don't do this racist thing because they're racist, just because it makes money.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

They leapt in front of the parade of their own criticism, which is sort of a cute trick to pull but maybe doesn't excuse doing it in the first place.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A new (to me at least) Bramhall caricature. Super hosed-up!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is there the reverse phenomenon of Americans talking about the NHS when British talk about re-privatizing the mail, and they point to the USPS? Or do people just go "gently caress you it was public for 499 years and it's been even slightly private for 6 go eat a dick and die"?

You've got it backwards and to be fair, the cartoon's confusing. Corbyn is proposing DE-privatizing (aka nationalizing) the Royal Mail, Energy, and the NHS. He's also against Tuition fees which again may not come across in that cartoon. We had a national Royal Mail up until like, 2010, when it was sold off in an attempt to get some ready cash. There wasn't really a debate because it was a foregone conclusion. The longest trail in the news was lambasting Vince Cable, the (LibDem) business secretary, who had priced the shares to move - they resold for something like half as much again a month later.

mandatory lesbian posted:

scott adams literally believes writing what you want on post-it notes all day will get you that thing, which you might notice sounds a lot like a weird atheist version of praying

Ya, that's how Trump got elected. Not enough Hillary post-it notes.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 14, 2017

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Again w/ the bundle of arrows - what does he mean?
Also, Paris, 33 KM

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

searching for "Western Workers Party" brings up a LOT of Facebook pages (w/ a very high response rate!) for various national branches - WWP US, Germany, UK. No France oddly enough but a lot of pro-Lepen stuff on their main page. They present as a political party but I see no evidence of them actually being one, but they upload a lot of memes, some of which are fairly wild

(cropping not mine, it came like that)

There's also a lot of altright memes, praising Strong Men, Traditional Marriage and warning how Islamic immigration always ends in a subjugating hoard, but that's not fun enough to warrant uploading. I also found a podcast where strange-skulled White Nationalist Matt Forney interviews the founder, a man calling himself Steele Archer. Searching for that (outrageously fake) name brings up an abandoned gofundme and this, perhaps telling card for some 2014 Boardgame I've never heard of called Doomtown.

Huckster, 2

So why does Dees mention this no-name party which exists only on Facebook and the avaricious dreams of an "Entrepreneur"? I would guess it's because he's a mentally ill conspiracy theorist who spends far too much time on White Nationalist forums.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 13:46 on May 17, 2017

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Tomorrow's Bramhall

Nice Xenomorph!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I identify as Gizmos.
e: and hell, any -freak, -nerd, -weirdo, -loser, -dweebo you can think of.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

That's 8 arrows coming out from a point, this is a group of arrows held point down.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A comedian, released a press photo w/ her holding up trump's bloody, decapitated head.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The only 2 week delays I can think of in this thread are Drinky Duck and possibly Prickly City - both of which are syndicated newspaper comic strips like Garfield, which through very strong custom or possibly contractual obligation have to have a backlog and therefore a delay. When Morrie Turner of Wee Pals died, his strip ran for another 6 months.
Heaven forefend anything get in the way of more great "covfefe" content though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm not the most avid Pope-watcher but hasn't the current guy been making great strides in accepting condoms?

• Locked thread