Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Gorrell has been putting in a tiny modicum of effort in his cartoons lately, it's comforting to see a return to form:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Electric Phantasm posted:

So no citation to the poll?

*google it

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Excellent.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Winslow: I got shot at, ban all gunz! I am a dumb trashfox!
Carmen, a child: Well, actually, as a constitutional absolutist I believe that the second amendment is fundamentally inst-
Hunny Bunny: guns are why I lost, ban guns!
Carmen: But that's silly, because the constitution is the f-
Hunny Bunny: don't care, world is a gently caress, buy my book

EVERYONE: boy people sure are divided nowadays

Spread over 12 strips.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Lodin posted:

It's hypocritical as gently caress. He hates Kurds just as much as everyone else in the Middle-East but because they pretty much don't affect Israel in any way he can pretend to be good and compassionate.
Fucker.

Actually, it's more likely he's being sincere. The Kurds are strangely well liked in Israel, even among right wing assholes like Kirtch'. Apart from the small but significant population of Jewish Kurds living in Israel (around 130 thousand), there's a kind of kinship mythos that's built up in Israel which sees the Kurdish struggle for independence as analogous to their own (it's not). Israel has sent aid and supplies to Iraqi Kurdistan in the past, and various sources, including Israeli ones, claim they occasionally provided them with weapons and training.
I've even seen, more than once, bizarre rightwing comments on news articles regarding Kurdish independence that refer to them as a 'bulwark to the islamic threat', somehow skipping past the fact that most of the Kurds are Sunni.

In cartoon news, Gorrell steps in line:

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
"No! I must punch the Nazis!" The duck's progressive liberal friend who is totally real and also a teacher shouted!
The drunk duck said "No, John. You are the Nazis."
And then John was a fascist.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Zetsubou-san posted:

couldn't remember how to spell 'Schultz' you lazy gently caress?

In the 'hillary as pigpen' cartoon he did last week he also put in "apologies to Pigpen". Either Gorrell, an industry veteran of decades has forgotten how this "with apologies to" thing works, or he truly has a secret Kelly-esque dislike of Schulz.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

I have yet to read a single Streeter cartoon fully, and I submit that such a task is impossible. The human brain will not allow it. Every time I try my mind just hits the 'abort mission' button and my eyes dart away from it. It's like trying to read the Necronomicon.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Lol look at this loving guy

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
BREAKING: Dozens dead in spree killing, early reports state killer used his own brain as a bludgeon and smashed his victims to death with the gooey organ - which cartoon experts agree is the deadliest of weapons. More news as this unfolds.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Kit Walker posted:

lmfao how does anyone look at Gorrell's body of work and come to the conclusion that he's left-wing?

While still parroting most Fox News talking points to a T, Gorrell has been decidedly anti-trump so far. Even does the whole tiny-hands thing. It's kinda fresh. I wouldn't be surprised if during a cursory glace through his cartoons over the last year someone's attention would be snagged on his anti-Trump stuff. Particularly in a world where conservatives cartoonists are either supportive of Trump, or, in the case of most regulars like Ramirez and Tinsley, doing their damned best to ignore him entirely.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

hold up let me put on my RamirezVision™ glasses for this one

Lurdiak posted:

Ugh the hacks are going to be really disgusting about this George Takei rape allegation.

Aw man, really?! crisps I hate this timeline this blows.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Sandpuppy posted:

An unexpected anti-Trump cartoon.

Yeah, how dare the current United States president William Jefferson Clinton speak that way about whatshisface???

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

This is probably the hardest I've laughed at a cartoon in this thread, including edits. I want this framed on my wall

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

These pieces don't even fit together. I know, because I've been trying to assemble them for the last 30 minutes in photoshop just to see what kind of hosed up eagle Ben would make. Literally not a single piece is congruent with the other, some pieces like the bird's butt end are missing entirely, and the whole left wing section doesn't even make sense.
There is no conceivable way Uncle Sam is going to be able to glue it back into a whole eagle. it's an impossible task.
Have a Gorrell:

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

I'm so tired.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Not sure who these "Good Men" are meant to be.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Dear Lord above. I had to check his website to see if it's real, most of the lowest effort edits in this thread look better.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Fittingly, unlike other cartoonists, Gorrell didn't bother with the entire song and just settled on one line.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Lightning Knight posted:

I see that Gorrel fell in line on the tax bill. He was against it like a month ago.

loving rear end in a top hat.

I don't think even Gorrell knows what he's for or against anymore. In the fog of his political vision there is a single pillar left standing, upon which are inscribed the immortal words "democrat = bad". The rest of it is rubble and dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
I like how even Garrison could only think up 8 accomplishment balloons. That's a pretty sad party that has only 8 balloons in total. The Obamacare one isn't even a real balloon, it's a cardboard cutout glued to the wall.

• Locked thread