Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Stevoblunt posted:

I go to Germany quite often as my wife is German. Last time I was there (2016) it was still pretty loving white.

How terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mandatory lesbian posted:

this is secretly the most depressing JRROSE in the world, look at that mom's face

She knows her 16 year old son will be drafted in two years to die in the middle east for Trumps hubris. Look at her expression closely. It's haunting.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Jethro posted:

As much as I might wish otherwise right now, Obama is not the president and, as such, cannot be bribed. Furthermore, he is unlikely to ever hold any elected or appointed office ever again, so it's not like this is some sort of "give me cash now and I'll help you out when I get back into power." Obama cannot be corrupt because he no longer has any power.

The order of events is not always bribe then help. It's possible that a friendly politician gets his "reward" after he leaves office in the form of lucrative speaking deals. You don't even have to have explicit bribery. Nobody from Wall Street ever sat down with Obama and said "don't gently caress with us and we will give you speaking deals when you retire". There was no quid pro quo. Industries are just friendly to politians that were friendly to them. It's a systemic problem.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Good God Almighty.

Who is this? I'd like to look up some of their other work.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Roland Jones posted:

Yeah, like stated, prison labor is literally legal slavery, so Hillary benefiting from it and not seeing problems from it is pretty hosed up, even if she's far from the only person to do so.

That said, I doubt it will become a big thing unless she does try to run again in 2020. Then it'll get used against her in the primaries. And the general if she somehow makes it to them, though I would not expect that.

I once worked as a manager for a warehouse company that had two locations. My location used regular workers, but the other location in the state next door used all prison labor. The owner constantly bitched about how my location had higher costs and overhead, and was too stupid to grasp that I was competing with slave labor.

I don't know what I'm going for with post. Just a memory you triggered. Maybe a metaphor for moving american factories to china for low labor or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

Nice sentiment, but "transgender" doesn't really fit into the male/female binary, at least according to most trans people I know. Trans women are female/women, trans men are male/men, and nonbinary people are neither men/women and according to more radical thinking, male or female. It's a common thing for cis people to do, but generally it's better to say "man/woman/nonbinary" or some expanded set, or ask about sex assigned at birth, depending on what one is categorizing and why.

Well yes, but on the other hand this cartoon almost perfectly captures the absurity of the conservative argument. A picture really is worth a thousand words here. Remember to not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

• Locked thread