Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Welp, we're hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

WHAT THE gently caress ARE WITH THOSE FEET

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Why aren't people jumping on board with the scatterbrained Republican?!

That just reminds me of that series of Allie cartoons over a few years where he kept having to shift the goalposts when unemployment really did start going down under Obama.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

gently caress it, I'll ask it outright: would Stantis have made this if the races had been reversed?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Twitter should introduce hell-banning.

As if Trump wasn't already following himself on at least a dozen alt accounts.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

They're probably afraid of the absolute mother of all shitstorms they'd bring down on themselves if they banned him at this point, to be honest.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

They can't sell it and their value is only slipping. What do they have to lose?

Death threats to every single employee?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, practically speaking, better to air it out now than when he's actually in office if it is true - blackmail is only useful if the public doesn't know about it.

Granted, this is just going to make people wonder what other depraved poo poo the Russians may have on him that we don't know about (yet).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

“When I was in Russia, I experimented with piss a time or two, and didn’t like it,” Trump said. “I didn’t inhale, and I didn’t try it again.”

Jesus Christ why:barf:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Ularg posted:

How can you know someone you never met? :v:

Skype?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also the protagonist masturbated over one of them while she was comatose.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

He's masturbating in that second one, isn't he.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The rest of the world knows that any cartoonist who draws a disparaging cartoon about God Emperor King Trump is a dead man walking. A good cartoon.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Office Pig posted:

Hi, everybody! Want to guess which Jack Ohman Rick Perry cartoon has returned to relevancy?

Dare I ask why it's back in the news?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Angepain posted:

Lol no you didn't

"You'd be amazed at how easy it is to pronounce 'Barack Obama' as 'the ni--'" -Bruce Tinsley

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

And what would your reaction be if it'd been the other way around?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

crowoutofcontext posted:

IDGI is this supposed to be pro or anti regulation? Why put the "jobs"plant in a pot that can simply be carried into the sun light if the latter, and why not put a bunch of essential poo poo in the branches of the tree if the former??

Benson is probably one of the worst at making cartoons that can be easily misinterpreted from whatever conservative talking point she's trying to make.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

Trump's dumb decisions will bring ISIS, Hezbollah, etc. down on his head. AGC

Trump isn't even close to getting to the root of the problem. AGC.

Alternatively: Trump's actions against Islamic terrorists are also harming regular Muslims.

Regalingualius fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 31, 2017

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I just love how loving everyone is making their Bannon caricature a ghoul.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

what have I done.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Now someone needs to edit it into the obvious Sweet Bro & Hella Jeff reference.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Someone find the comic he must've made to justify the Republicans refusing to hold Garland's confirmation hearing and I'll send it side-by-side with this one to him.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

A man I wish would die from some disease causing him to literally spew poo poo out of his mouth on-air not being able to buy a football team: exactly as bad as domestic violence.

Also, fun fun, notice what's missing from the doom and gloom headlines? :guinness:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Off the top of my head, I'd say edits that show up in this thread like "the cartoonist has no idea how net neutrality works" fall under fair use because it attributes to them, it's making a criticism of the original work that inherently needs the original to make sense, AND it's not trying to be passed off as a wholly original idea of the person who edited it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Voyager I posted:

This cartoon is awful, as is Lisa Benson blithely cheerleading for Trump like it's just another day in the GOP offices, but aside from all that I think we've got an early contender for Worst Label.

Or Best Edit.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The Redpanels Patreon is at $181/month, which is higher than I remember. Be sure to keep reporting it for Nazi content/hate speech/whatever and you might be able to get it shut down.

The Adam4d Patreon is pulling in close to $4,000 every month though and it would be harder to make a case for shutting that down. Consistent abuse of straw men perhaps?

Could always use that one strip where he advocates throwing yourself down a flight of stairs if you say that the struggle for gay rights is similar to the Civil Rights movement.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

See also: the lovely arguments about how the international laws of war don't apply to terrorists (and ergo "allows" us to torture and indefinitely detain them).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Pancho Jueves posted:

Thankfully, we know Lester supports the Constitution as the bedrock of our democracy, so clearly the cartoon is in support of the court's decision and not some hacky partisan hypocrisy!

Society is in a constant state of change, and we need to govern accordingly, instead of being rigid and inflexible. AGC.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Holy loving poo poo, Mike Lester lives in Jacksonville Florida?! That explains so very much. I've probably flipped him the bird in traffic without even realizing it. :psyduck:

Edit: I hope he isn't still there on Monday because I was planning to go to Cruisers for lunch
Edit2: If he is there I might ask him about the iceberg

You should just ask "have you stopped beating your wife?"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Israel's policies and relationship is breaking the United States' wrist. AGC.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Despite their major blunders in the past, the intelligence community still gets it right every now and then. AGC.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Jurgan posted:

Has it been two weeks since Trump announced his travel ban? I would love to see him show Mallard discussing how smoothly and effectively it was initiated.

Eh, didn't it become evident within hours of being announced that it was such a colossal shitshow?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

albany academy posted:

Which was both the conclusion of that redpanels cartoon and that article, but with entirely opposite points of view on that conclusion, which was the only reason I posted the article in relationship to the cartoon.

The specifics to the origin of gamergate is besides the point.

And to be clear, gamergate is and always was stupid as gently caress.

I'm sure Quinn et al appreciate that you just know their lives being ruined was only incidental to the origins of the movement.

It was literally started by an angry ex bitching about how she dumped his abusive rear end by airing out whatever dirty laundry he could make up; the internet crowd just happened to see an angle they could work with (games journalism) and ran with it without a modicum of critical thinking, and here we are now.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

albany academy posted:

It was in reference to posters arguing over the exact makeup of gamergate wrt which boards participated, whether or not some of them had good intentions, etc please don't misconstrue that as some kind of callousness on my behalf.

Fair enough, and my apologies for jumping on you.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

SexyBlindfold posted:

Prove me wrong Benny my boy I beg of you :unsmigghh:

Is Milo facing any actual consequences for it quite yet, though?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Angepain posted:

Resigned, or "resigned"?

Almost certainly the latter, considering half the staff was threatening to leave unless he got the gently caress out.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

He's apparently the archetypical self-loathing gay... At least, assuming you aren't taking literally anything that comes out of his mouth with the biggest loving grain of salt in the universe.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I just write everything in cursive because my print writing sucks. :(

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

nerd plus rage posted:

Ruben Bolling wins Herblock, refuses to share Jew Gold with his loyal subscribers. https://twitter.com/RubenBolling/status/834786912632238080

I'm glad to see him and Two Bulls getting the recognition they deserve; they're easily my favorite two cartoonists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

santanotreal posted:

Actually I think you'll find that Milo makes sure his victims partners have gone through puberty which makes him...still a deplorable piece of poo poo

I'm still waiting for him to start shouting "I gently caress BOYS! I gently caress WHITE, WHITE BOYS!"

• Locked thread