Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

:effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

"You old" is some classic casual racism.

I didn't parse it that way because I've seen "old" as a noun used so often on these forums (often in discussions of East Asian politics, ironically, e.g., "The LDP will hold onto power because they still have the support of olds").

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

UK's A Thing Happened is more classier than ours.

The UK cartoonists are fond of parodying famous paintings in general, not just when the painting in question is a current event.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

https://imgur.com/a/WEbM3

It's part of a sequence that's using intentionally stale jokes for ironic effect, but it's still pretty racist.

Edit: Ugh, I always mess up the BBcode for images.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 23, 2017

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

What did Charles Martinet do? :(

Google isn't turning up anything.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Lol. Pelosi threw cartoonists a softball by saying a dumb thing, and Lisa still managed to flub it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugitive_Slave_Act_of_1850

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Prickly City's resident liberal loves Trump but the conservative knows better.

Based on what he says in the last panel, I took it as Winslow being snide rather than him being pro-Trump.

• Locked thread