Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sir Tonk posted:

Can we trade Branco for Muir now that it's 2017?
I personally hope Branco is going to be 2017's 7Oden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

One thing I keep hearing is "Sure this is awful, but the political satire comedian scene is going to be great again!"

To which I remember this Patton Oswalt bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA87H96VTxA

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Seriously go gently caress yourself Payne, what use is there for that land for oil and gas companies or dipshit ranchers?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Remember when Trump insulted the Pope and still more Catholics voted for him because us Catholics have to have such a bug up our asses about abortion?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

My words exactly Cafe Lady, it would be an injustice if noted cheater, probable serial killer, and douchebag Tom Brady would be allowed to go to the Superbowl after he was suspended for cheating this year.

Now granted our QB is more than likely a multitime rapist, but at the same time we keep him playing a rough sport in which he plays like an idiot and gets his brain turned to mush, so really we are just punishing him and occasionally benefiting from good football skills at the expense of his life.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jan 18, 2017

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Jack Kirby came back from the dead to.punch Richard Spencer. You heard it here first.
Meanwhile current Captain America writer is a spineless baby
https://twitter.com/nickspencer/status/822633341061054465

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Marty Two Bulls is not a fan.

Ryan Zinke pisses me off that he went into the same field as Geology majors. I loving hate oil and gas geologists now, nothing but a bunch of fucks looking at ways to give there dying industries a excuse to mine public lands.

I rather kill my career calling oil and gas companies shitheads than work for them no matter how little they would offer me because I never took any oil and gas classes for my major and wanted to be a Paleontologist first and foremost

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Unlike Mutants, no one gives a gently caress about Inhumans and I doubt that'll change any time soon.
I do love the conspiracy theories of how evil Marvel is about how "they are totally going to kill all the mutants and replace them with these lame Inhumans" when there are way more X-men books being made over Inhuman books. I feel bad for the Inhumans because a lot of the books centered around them have been good. :smith:

That and the X-men haven't been interesting in almost a decade

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Guy at work who is "socially liberal fiscally conservative" was telling me how he thought that what Trump was doing was stupid and morally awful, buuuuuuuuuuut non citizens aren't protected by the constitution so legally people can't do anything and its ridiculous to sue. I'm sure that probably isn't true.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Happy Tuesday :toot:

Its me I'm the dad who likes to go to Applebees or Red Robins or Max and Ermas or Eat N Park or Fridays

Look its really hard to gently caress up a grilled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries and extra BBQ sauce on the side :negative:

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 1, 2017

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Moddington posted:

We'll just trust you on that.
Wait what oh goddamn it :downs:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

It was really infuriating how much that loving game was a microcosm of the 2016 Election, we could have lived in a world where that Tom Brady got to look like a failure and the Atlanta Falcons hanging out at John Lewis' house instead of the White House, but noooooooooooooo. Now we got to hear how much plucky little New England overcame so much after being caught cheating and punished for it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Guest writer Mike Ramirez

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Toomey makes me wish America had its version of the Tarpeian Rock

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The resemblance is uncanny
Yeah
https://twitter.com/vrunt/status/837408258474266626

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Hell even historical rich guys like Carnegie were pretty poo poo despite trying to do some good in the end when they started to fear the afterlife.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Erenthal posted:

What the everloving gently caress is this even saying?
We must take the Holy Land from the heathen Muslims, Deus Vult

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

The Nib talking about someone I was in high school with (and shared the same barber with)
https://thenib.com/sam-adonis-mexican-wrestler-trump-supporter
Funny thing is his more famous brother (Corey Graves) is close friends to one of my close family friends, funny how small the world can be.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Recapture Canyon area sees ATV ban lifted
God it's amazing how much a lot of people in UT hate their main money making industry and want to gently caress it over by selling it out or making it worse.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Rob Rogers posted:

All of the outrage from the right about Ann Coulter's speech being cancelled at Berkley is hot air. A speech on campus is not a right defended by the Constitution. It is a business transaction and if the university doesn't want her to speak (whether for safety reasons or other) it is their right to cancel or reschedule it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

My favorite part is when he uses this Ebert obit to slam Spielberg

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Yeah, gently caress the Pope.
I mean is the Catholic Church really that toxic and murderous compared to other major religions/denominations? I mean hell Protestants have a ton of toxic sludge and dead bodies because of their whole bullshit work ethic.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I wish Prez Rickard could have saved us in the 70s :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does no one but me actually watch movies?
The problem is there are scenes where Nazis can latch onto how badass being a skinhead are like the basketball scene or the curbstomping scene.

There is a reason why Nazis have latched onto movies like American History X and not say the Producers.

Actually pretty relevant video by Lindsey Ellis about all this just came out if you are interested in hearing someone who is much better at explaining things than me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62cPPSyoQkE

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Go gently caress yourself

If anything this presidency is at least reaffirming my Catholic Faith, mainly because I really want hell to be a thing that exists

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

For reference here is what Pittsburgh looked like at noon during the 40s/50s

And here in the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History at the grandstaircase are these beautiful murals that were refurbished in the 80s/90s except for some spots to show what the soot and smog did to the walls

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Also found a quality comment on this letter (along with others from the same 5 people I want to find and kick them in the balls)
http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/letters/2017/06/07/Terrorists-are-not-part-of-true-Islam-which-teaches-love/stories/201706070111

Will Price posted:

Ben Garrison is a great cartoonist. The PG should fire Rodgers and hire Ben.

http://grrrgraphics.com/cartoonblog/death-by-political-correctness

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Non Avian Dinosaurs literally went extinct because by the time the Asteroid hit, the insane volcanic activity in the Deccan plateaus, and the drying up of the shallow seas that helped regulate the temperature; their diversity was tapering off that all that cataclysm hit them hard.

• Locked thread