Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Branco is going to be using Obama as the bad guy in his comics until he dies, regardless of what Obama does or doesn't do.

It doesn't matter that Obama is no longer in power, or that he hasn't even said anything about this issue yet, he's still black and in Branco's mind that equals "evil FOREVER"!

And if it's not Obama, it'll be a Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Shugojin posted:

why is roy moore there on the right :confused:

Australia is importing American pedophiles. Last time it was Milo Yannoitscalledephebophiliapoulos.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cloud Potato posted:

Gerald Scarfe:

Building a coalition with the Unionist Party was such a wonderful thing.

quote:

Irish border

• The agreement promises to ensure there will be no hard border and to uphold the Belfast agreement.
  • It makes clear the whole of the UK, including Northern Ireland, will be leaving the customs union.
  • It leaves unclear how an open border will be achieved but says in the absence of a later agreement, the UK will ensure “full alignment” with the rules of the customs union and single market that uphold the Good Friday agreement.
  • However, the concession secured by the DUP is that no new regulatory barriers will be allowed between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK without the permission of Stormont in the interest of upholding the Good Friday agreement.

In other words: the UK will keep having to abide by EU regulations, but will otherwise lose all the perks of being in the single market. Take Back Control™ :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Shooting down the albatross is what brought bad luck to the ship. A bad cartoon.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Xander77 posted:

One way to phrase things. Another is that the secular military and intelligence tried to prevent an Islamic takeover of Turkey and preserve Ataturkism.

And they've failed.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Katt posted:

This way confuses me because I thought the whole theme of the last couple of pages were mothers with neglectful husbands.
Zelda is big about equality, so in this case, it's mothers with neglectful wives.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The GOP is remarkably apt at rigging elections through gerrymandering and vote suppression. They know how to game the system, as evidenced by how they have twice in recent history won the elections despite losing the popular vote.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Skellybones posted:

I'm trying and failing to understand Kirschen's beliefs beyond "Kill all Palestinians".

What's beyond is simply "and also kill all Iranians, and the Lebanese, and the Syrians, and and and...".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Okay, "too pig to fail" is kinda witty, where did you find it, Tedd?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Wow, look at these SJW going all virtue signaling

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tei posted:

None of the Dragons of Pern books is so thick, so she must be using the cover to hide inside a Edgar Rice Burroughs novel.

I'm pretty sure "Ursula K. Le Guin" isn't the title of any of Anne McCaffrey's Pern stories.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Duke Igthorn posted:

One thing lost in the obvious "He fired someone for bias so that means he's bias???" answers is that bias doesn't change fact. The political affiliation of the Watergate security guard that discovered the break in doesn't change the facts of the break in. So, basically, all of these people are saying "Well OF COURSE they are going to find something incriminating: the people looking for something incriminating hate the person they're investigating" which...I mean...wut?

They do not understand how reality works.

They operate on the principle of magical thought: it's the act of investigating that will generate crimes that didn't exist before the investigation; provided that the investigator hates the investigated person enough. Imagine bad roleplayers around a table. The player who keeps rolling Search checks because he's sure he'll get a natural 20 eventually and then the DM will have to let him find a secret passage even though there isn't one in the room? That's the conservative. They figure God is their DM and is willing to rewrite the adventure if they insist enough.

That's why they kept investigating Hillary Clinton for the emailghazi and benghazigate. They figured that eventually they'd find a true Republican investigator, not a RINO traitor, and they'd finally get to Lock Her Up™. Likewise, Mueller and the rest of the FBI can only be Deep State Dems because otherwise they wouldn't even try to generate a Trump crime through their investigation.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Radish posted:

Whatever!!

I like that none of the signs point in the same direction. "Better jobs", "growth", "economic security", choose one.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The USA during the Obama administration: an adult taking responsibility for its mistakes.

The USA during the Trump administration: a schoolyard bully trying to intimidate others into shutting up about its fuckups.

AGC.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Radish posted:

I can't tell if that comic is saying "both sides are bad" or is sticking up for Trump but if it's the latter then lol after yesterday's vote.

It's a conservative cartoon, so what it's saying is that Trump is good because he's strong and manly while the cowardly and effeminate Obama was pointlessly humiliating the nation in front of weaklings. U! S! A! U! S! A! Raa, raa, number one!

Basically, the mentality of a playground bully is what gives impotent, incompetent hacks like Gorrell a source of pride, so Trump good.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Brainamp posted:

There's some scientists that apparently said they wanted to recreate the mammoth. IIRC the reasoning was to combat global warming which I guess is what the scenic view is all about.

Internet Kraken posted:

How would mammoths do anything about global warming?

I don't know if recreating the mammoth would help much, but recreating large herds of grazing animals all over the tundra would help in preventing permafrost from melting. Basically, you want as many critters as possible trampling the snow and pushing it away to get to graze at the grass underneath, because the side-effect is that the cold of the night will get to reach deeply in the ground thanks to this, and that will prevent or at least delay the thawing of the permafrost.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Conservatives are aware of this text? So they're actually aware that they hate Jesus and pursue every avenue they can to make Him miserable and disenfranchised?

Angepain posted:

Normally I would think a cartoon celebrating the passports being a different colour while showing the opponents of Brexit as crying little children could only be sarcastic, but this is the loving Telegraph and it's British politics in 2017 so all bets are off.

I didn't connect this with the blue passport thing at first and thought Santa was clad in the color of the EU flag.

But yeah, the attitude of the caricatures didn't match.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Technowolf posted:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Merry Christmas everyone except the Bostonians, who ought to go work instead.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

VideoGameVet posted:

Maybe it isn't urine.

It's vitriol.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

https://imeu.org/article/discrimination-hate-crimes-against-christian-palestinians-in-the-holy-land

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/944684542358585345/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I dreamt of politoons. There was a series of toons on the issue of NRA lobbying, starring a GOP elephant man with a gun for a trunk. I forgot the points it made but I remember finding some of them disappointingly dumb. I did like the gun-trunk elephant, though. Other than their pistol proboscis, they looked a bit like Rogers' crazy-eyed elephants.

• Locked thread