Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Shouldn't Andy Marlette be in the OP? He gets posted in this thread a lot more often than some of the other guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Man, that must have gotten a few letters.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Peanut Butler posted:

Lee Judge Fukken Loves Baseball

Just as a reminder, Lee Judge is also the sports columnist who thought it was totally cool for Jonathan Papelbon to try to choke Bryce Harper because Harper "certainly seems like a young man who needs an attitude adjustment."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Selachian fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 7, 2017

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I have this feeling he will forego the SOTU for a written one.

A guy who calls himself "the ratings machine" passing up a chance to be on half a dozen channels at once, with a large chunk of the country watching? No way.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I have to admire Bell's restraint in not putting "PUTIN" on the cuff, or giving it a hammer and sickle cufflink.

Also, his Trump looks kinda like Andy Rooney.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

(That's Kellyanne Conway in the machine.)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

McDragon posted:

pissagate

e: peemails

E2: benghazpee

Russkileaks.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Trump's Mini-Mes": Telnaes's response to Trump's attempt to avoid conflicts of interest by handing his businesses over to his sons.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

National. loving. Treasure.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

It was delicious red meat for the racists, but Republicans are going to hope Trump is preoccupied with repealing the ACA and dismantling Obama's legacy and the whole issue is quietly forgotten. At best there will be some halfass wall built along a strip of Texas just to fool people into thinking they're working on it.

I'm pretty sure that's what we're going to get -- at least a small stretch of wall so that Trump can have a campaign appearance in front of it in 2020.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Bell isn't done with this one.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

You can showcase how "in touch" you are by referencing a 35-year-old commercial.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Well, no reason to have a Most Easily Reinterpreted category in next year's Gay Abortions, Gorrell has it locked down.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

davebo posted:

Aside from having a good message, what I like about Bors' depiction of Trump is how he plays up what I find to be his least attractive feature, which is just how pale the area around his eyes are from the rest of his spray tan. Other people lay on tanning beds with those tiny little glasses that just cover your eyes but he must wear giant ones. I'm looking forward to seeing what just a month or two of being POTUS will do to his physical appearance when he doesn't have time for poo poo like bronzer.

Telnaes includes that detail a lot as well. Speaking of...

This one is titled "Trump's poll numbers are shrinking."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Trump's promise of "insurance for everybody" earlier this week has already been downgraded to "opportunity to obtain access to insurance coverage."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Telnaes sketches from you-know-what.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Sign at the DC women's march:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Telnaes with another variation on "Trump groping female personification of a virtue."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Trogdos! posted:

I read it as the cartoonist lamenting the (supposedly) anti-interventionist / anti-world police stance of Trump.

The cartoonist apparently missed the bit in Trump's CIA speech where he said hey, maybe we'll take another stab at invading Iraq.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

And this one for Trump declaring his inauguration a "Day of Patriotic Devotion":

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Enormous protruding lies." I'm gonna have to save that one.

Also, is FDOTM is trolling the thread by including "punching Nazis" in the last panel?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, it's more than a bit DASGC, but...

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Claymation is sort of like a cartoon, right?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's with the hammers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awktDTuuGlg

e: f, b with a hammer

Telnaes on Ryan, Pence, and McConnell refusing to stand up to Trump on the ban:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Wait, she's an Inhuman? How does someone who knows they were created by aliens and not Allah square that with faith?

The same way DC's Mr. Terrific can be an atheist, even though he lives in a world where the Greek deities are real and the literal biblical Wrath of God is running around in a green cape, punishing murderers in grimly ironic ways.

Seriously, though, there are lots of people who manage to square scientific understanding with religious faith.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

:nws: Oglaf did it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Telnaes says this one is about the firing of Sally Yates, but it seems weirdly incomplete. So, Trump is a king, I guess? I don't get the carpet thing.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Reminds me of this classic from Paul Conrad:

(This was from a few years after Watergate, when Nixon started trying to rehabilitate his image.)

Bonus: another Conrad I found while searching for this:

The facial expressions just make it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Trogdos! posted:

edit: bonus 2 tweets from kkklurf

lmao "twitter is like water, you can't ban me from it!"

edit2: he also got a 24 hour suspension from Facebook for the concentration camp cartoon

Twitter is a utility? Not according to the anti-net neutrality folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Get bent, Payne. Betsy DeVos has bought all the Republicans on the Education Committee -- how else do you think she got through to the full Senate after her horrendous performance? She's not even shy about the fact that she buys influence.

• Locked thread