Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

Also, does Muir actually get posted in the bad webcomics thread? Last time I went there, over 10 pages back didn't reveal one of his strips, despite there being two separate comics featuring single-digit-aged children being raped.

It is not, because a comic that endorses rape is far worse than a comic that uses rape as an edgy tragic backstory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

Hmm yes, an interview with a man who advocates genocide is not provoking anyone, yes good point quite right

Unfortunately he got punched when he was about to explain pepe memes, not while he was advocating genocide. Bad timing is all it was.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Stantallie, for gently caress's sake, decide if your comic is going to use allegory, nameswapping, or direct commentary and stick with it instead of choosing a different answer for every bloody person and event!

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Look its really hard to gently caress a grilled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries and extra BBQ sauce on the side :negative:

We'll just trust you on that.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Giving Ted Rall a run for his money for the coveted "worst Trump caricature" award.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

if you can eat an onion like an apple i'd be impressed tbh, i can barely eat onion even if it's only little diced pieces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RchE5c-cYnM

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

If nothing else, I enjoy the implication that Trump is a criminal by comparing him favorably to Al Capone.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I think Ramirez is acknowledging that. Both boats are headed over the waterfall. He's just trying to zing Democrats by saying, "You can't criticize Republicans when your plan is also made of carbon!"

If you manage to decipher the crosshatching, the GOP smashed their boat against a rock to keep from going over the waterfall.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

The only things you really need to know about Rall are: 1) he made a comic in which he claims to have literally gutted a fellow student in shop class because the guy was a bully

I believe that was even one of the events which he claimed were true in a court of law. If someone still has the link to the transcript from the last time it was posted, they should post it.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

None of these are true, for those curious. I removed the ones that were half-truths-if-you-squint.

Hell of a hot take, Garrison

And on the other hand, some of the more plausible ones on the list are things that Trump is guilty of.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Gazpacho posted:

This one is good & right. I don't think it's advocating the flat earth as much as sending up the whole TV smarty science man phenom.

Dees is a man who believes there is a vast untapped reservoir of clean drinking water deep beneath the earth's crust, that scientists and governments have covered up to maintain their control on the populace. He is absolutely not above advocating that the earth is flat and that any evidence of space missions is fabricated.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

And of course, by going "b-b-but Bill Clinton", Ramirez is once again pretending that Trump doesn't exist.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

At least the brittoons are repulsive on purpose.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Trump has buried Comey's words.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Not everything is part of the antifa vs alt-right conflict (or any political conflict), and cramming peoples' views into those boxes so you can level your pre-existing rhetoric against them is dumb and unhelpful.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Jurgan posted:

We've got a prime example in this thread with Ted Rall. He talks about violent revolution all the time, and we joke about how he's too gutless to act on it, but it may be that part of him knows it wouldn't end well. Being forced to think about how the Rallvolution could end up backfiring might be good for him.

Given your avatar, I assume you'd be anti-Nazi punching?

Honestly I'm not sure where I fall on that question. Resorting to vigilante violence shows a great degree of cynicism about your society's ability to deal with an issue, but I can understand how people in the US feel pushed to that point.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Koalas March posted:

I left the thread months ago because the bad cartoons can be so loving terrible, but I'm wondering what the worst the cartoon of the year has been so far?

Every new Lester, McCoy the Lesser, or Branco toon posted is a new all-time low, so it's a pretty mobile target.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Same goes for you then, Bruce "Rodent Community" Tinsley.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

OldMemes posted:

What is Hillary's book turns out to be good and a frank reflection on what she should have done differently and not just BLAME TRUMP! DEPLORABLES! repated over and over for 500 pages? :shrug:

Even if it is the former, there will be enough lines that can be taken out of context to pretend it's the latter.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

Zelda hasn't touched on anything political in a long, long time and addresses political issues way less frequently than many other webcomics. Why don't we start posting Questionable Content and Dinosaur Comics in here while we're at it?

Because Zelda is not a webcomic.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

If I never hear the words "ideological purity" again it'll be too soon, especially if people are gonna throw it around like it's a lefty version of "virtue signalling".

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

To me there’s nothing hypocritical about it because Hollywood has always been transparently evil in this way.

That's because you don't see Hollywood as a cabal of liberal boogeymen trying to shove their leftist agenda down American throats.

And of course Lester would think that the important thing here isn't the awful acts committed or what allowed them to happen, but instead that it makes liberals look bad.
"Let's not politicize this" is a load of steaming bullshit every time.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

I mean...Garrison knows that Trump doesn't look like that, right? It's getting more and more ridiculous every time.

Obviously it's standard practice in a political cartoon to beef up your heroes and make the bad guys look like skinny old worms, but when there's this much of a dichotomy between the caricature and the real person, it kinda looks like you're making fun of the guy

He has said he does it because it triggers liberals. Because of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

This is somehow even lazier than when he posts a blank cartoon.

• Locked thread