Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cat Mattress posted:

Conservatives are aware of this text? So they're actually aware that they hate Jesus and pursue every avenue they can to make Him miserable and disenfranchised?

Uh, but TRUE CHRISTIANS know that Jesus meant the people who really DESERVE such treatment, those who sit quietly and don't make a fuss and wait for their charity. None of that disgraceful "asking" bullshit, it's like the Bible says: "If thoust hast time to ask for help, thou hast time to work to help thyself" or, equally as evil, those that ask for help helping others. I mean: YOU aren't poor, why aren't YOU selling all your worldly goods and living as a pauper on the bare minimum you need to survive before asking me for $5? Hypocrite much??

See The Poor are pure, holy creatures that sit quietly and wait, suffer in silence and don't bother people. THOSE are the ones that deserve help. The ones you can't see or find. I'd give the shirt off my back for The Poor provided I actually find one and it doesn't inconvenience me or talk to me or look at me or interact with me in any way including asking for the shirt of my back or indicating, in any way, that they need a shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Grimdude posted:

Haha, yeah loving right.

Also, agc: you'd have to be a child to imagine that something like that will actually happen given that history shows it doesn't.

Yah with all the money he has left over from that new $50 a month he doesn't invest in things like NOT BEING IN BACK BREAKING DEBT UNTIL THE DAY YOU DIE I'm sure he'll run out and invest in one quarter of an XBox.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ryonguy posted:

Pence is a republican. He's a warmongering, rightwing zealot, who "stands by the president" in regards to Charlottesville, only criticizes Russia when they aren't funding the election, and would make every attempt to shove his religious ideological beliefs into law. Trump is merely the mouthpiece of republican thought for the last 30 years finally in a position to do all the evil they've had planned all along. Pence is absolutely no different than Trump in any meaningful way, and in some cases, especially in regards to his Christian Dominionist theology, he is worse. The "Trump is just so... gauche, at least Pence is dignified," hand-wringing on the left is just as stupid as it is on the right.

Nnnnnooo. You misunderstand. The "Trump is just so... gauche, at least Pence is dignified," is NOT "hand wringing" on the Left, it is being very much aware that half the resistance to Trump is that he's so gauche that he's almost impossible to normalize by a media system DESPERATE to normalize him. At all times the Media is waiting, hungering, licking it's chops to say "THIS IS WHEN HE BECAME PRESIDENT!!" to the point that they've done so multiple times already. And will continue to do so right up until he...well they will forever. After he dies there will be a ton of "the Trump you DIDN'T KNOW!!" article written about all the times he DIDN'T kick a black man in the balls. Pence would be worse than Trump because we know that the Media will, instantly, settle back into "business as usual" and the resistance to the same exact plans, the same exact purpose, and the same exact actions will be sliced in half.

That being said I STILL WANT PEOPLE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. I still want Trump in prison for the Russia stuff, I still want these people to answer for their crimes because I don't want to live in a world where people just get away with blatantly breaking the law in full view of everyone just because they can. Even though I do. All the time. And will continue to.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why is he using four panels like this?
Jesus, guys come on: he's an old man with a fun hobby, why are you holding him up to the standards of a professional?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So what is the opposite of "So dumb and god drat crazy"? Like, one side is LITERALLY BEING DUMB AND CRAZY and here they are represented as cool and calm and collected. Because I gotta tell ya, they are RIGHT ON that talking point: if you bring up anything on how bad this taxscam is the inevitable response is to scream at you and demand answers.
"This tax reform is making cuts to vital programs-"
"SO WHAT'RE YOU DOING WITH YOUR EXTRA MONEY???"

Look, I did the math, this "tax break" shakes out to about 32 cents a day for me, for a few years. Before rising. Higher than now. So, I guess, "saving for the inevitable tax rise"? "Saving up and buying a gumball from a machine every two days?" It is purely selfish people, wondering out loud to your face, why you aren't purely selfish too. That's all it is! "Look you got yours now shut up" should not be a loving economic policy!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

See I WANTED to do Skull Donkey, bones for the bone god, but Ramirez failed at the SINGLE JOB ever political cartoonists must do so it kinda went wrong:

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MelvinBison posted:

Key phrase there is "at the beginning."

e.: You know what? gently caress it, I'll make this an effort post.

The passage he's quoting deals with Jesus responding to a group of Pharisees who, as they do at several points in Christ's life, ask questions about Jewish law for justification to try him for heresy. Here's the full passage:

Jesus is using that passage to call out religious leaders at the time on their own hypocrisy, not to call out non-binary genders. As a matter of fact:

Christ says there are some people who don't fit the heterosexual template. And that's okay.

How about a little simpler: "YOU'RE supposed to be the true believer, NOT ME. My cherry picking of your rules doesn't excuse yours."

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

"Haha! I bet they're LOSERS that live in CAMPERS and cook OUTDOORS! What LOSERS!"~cheerleader of the political party that claims to represent REAL AMERICANS who live in CAMPERS and cook OUTDOORS.

Also:

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Couldn't figure out how to fit this comic in;

Note the 2014 date

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

moskiitto posted:

Am I missing something here or is this one confusing as gently caress?

It has an "understood fifth panel" that's the green haired Libtard going "oh that's ok than". Because, as we all know, colleges and universities gather higher number of minorities because they hate white people and that kind of racism the Left is ok with. It's not so much a joke but an illustration of something they already believe to be true.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

God dammit YOU HELPED THIS HAPPEN! YOU did. YOU. This was the desired outcome for the people you support! Jesus Christ this is the 3rd 3 month long existential dilemma this comic has had since Trump was elected? You know, when the side that Prickly City supports won. Jesus jumped up Christ either loving repent and admit you were wrong or join the rest of your people in the pro-Trump camp. You can't spend the next 3 years in some sort of limbo of "Oooohhhhhh what's to be doooone??" for three months with periodic bouts of "Boy isn't "Hillary BUNton ;) just the woooooooorst?" gently caress. gently caress.

"Why? What's coming in 2018 wolf thing?"
"More acts by Republicans!"
Prrickly City:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

D.N. Nation posted:

What exactly do you want, Stantis?

"Oh, the same ol' retrograde Republican policies and the same amount of bigotry and pig-ignorance, just without Trump tweeting."

So he wants the 14 but not the 88.

• Locked thread