Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What do the kids represent, it's cute. Tell me it's nice and not Obama will retroactivly abort them

Though he has done nothing whatsoever to warrant any kind of benefit of the doubt, I think it might just be sincere "we all hope Obama succeeds and helps America". An attitude of Republicans that lasted all of 30 seconds before they got matching orders to do whatever they could to destroy him and gently caress the fallout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Why did he include Lady Liberty?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Trump is the living embodiment of every single negative thing that Ramirez claimed Obama was with the exception of Marxist.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

My god what is that massive bulge in his head?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If there is one feature that truly defines the oval office, it is that it has corners.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You sure? I mean, the remake made it pretty clear that saving the young outcast did redeem himself in the eyes of the people who hated them by killing the poo poo out of an older man using and abusing a young girl, and they can face their life better in the end, getting praise and respect from people, thanks from the one they helped, and reconcile with the people who spurred their advances before.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 23, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Squishy posted:

They remade Taxi Driver?

Yeah.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jedit posted:

Remind me at which point Ralph gets a blowjob from a 12 year old?

He gets a hug from a 12 year old, that's the Disney equivalent.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Discendo Vox posted:

Spreading a video of one of them getting punched has the same effect as a pithy remark, at best. Persecution is a coin that they are happy to trade in. He's saying he's afraid, publicly, to the press and on twitter, to further the narrative of how dangerous and violent those left wing feminist radicals. "these kind of people are roaming around". If he was actually afraid, he wouldn't be talking about it! This isn't going to cause him to stop going places or speaking, it's going to let him and his followers talk about how brave he was to overcome it. Spencer is saying publicly that he's worried it will become a meme, but he'd love for the image of him as the sane and rational one under threat by violent lefties became a meme. These are not people you can take at their word.

Yes, I too remember reading in History books how Nazi Germany had a channel dedicated to showing cartoons of Bugs Bunny, Donald Duck, Daffy Duck, Popeye, Porky Pig, the three little pigs, the three stooges, Superman and Tom and Jerry beating the poo poo out of Hitler, because that showed how dangerous and violent the Americans were, and totally didn't make Nazis look like weakling, idiots and cowards.

The appeal of fascism and it's claim to legitimacy of rule is in strength. You show them as the weakling they are, and they can't maintain the image they built.

So now protests against Milo add in taunts about running and crying to weaken the resolve of the people going in, as well as the heinous poo poo to rally people against them.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Plan Z posted:

The key is there's no video of them doing those types of acts. Your average person generally believes Neo-Nazis are just non-violent slacktavists (I regularly see the fake "BLM has killed more people than the KKK/Neo-Nazis" bullshit line on social media), and in this case they're only seeing one side doing the act of a White Supremacist framing this as "shutting down someone's free speech" with violence. The only thing better than a dead Neo-Nazi is a converted Neo-Nazi, but I'm not going to give them something that at best for us gives him a sense of satisfaction and at best for them gives them social media propaganda. This only benefitted him.

Yes, but also consider Hitler wasn't as big of a figure in politics until his imprisonment increased celebrity and appeal.

Maybe he should have pissed himself and started crying for his mummy, that would have been a real masterstroke.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Plan Z posted:

Yes, but also consider Hitler wasn't as big of a figure in politics until his imprisonment increased celebrity and appeal.
Right, cause he took it like a man. He served his sentence and wrote his book. He was, for all intents and purposes, stoic in his arrest and imprisonment - they did not make him break.

Imagine if he poo poo himself and cried when he got arrested. Anytime he tried to rally people, anytime he was trying to rise in politics, people would ask "wait, is that the guy who poo poo himself and cried?".

Spencer folded like a cheap lawn chair after one punch and had to run away. That's the key difference. If he had just snapped back and continued talking to the camera as if nothing happened, that would be the propaganda boost as you say. But now after one punch, the guy is scared out of his wits. He didn't just break, he shattered.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Somfin posted:

I'm increasingly thinking that the punch was a completely cocked-up false flag operation by the alt-right.

"Here's the plan. I go up there, talk like a dick head, get punched and run away crying. Then everyone laughs at me while our followers have to try and ignore how much of a coward I look like. It's foolproof".

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ramadu posted:

It got James O'Keefe a constant spot on Fox News!

I don't think any of his scams ever involved him getting beaten like he deserves.

Shugojin posted:

only if the toddler is a nazi

Any babysitter will tell you all toddlers are Nazis to a degree.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Improbable Lobster posted:

I can, because Neo-Nazis love his work
The Nazis also loved Snow White.

So did the Gremlins.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shugojin posted:

Deniers look at all the evidence, declare it false, then ask why there is no evidence. It's beautiful in its own hosed up, confusing way.

I like how this applies equally to holocaust and climate deniers.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Improbable Lobster posted:

I don't remember the part of Snow White where the Dwarves look for evidence to prove the holocaust never happened

Don't you remember their introductory song?

We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig in our mine the whole day through

We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig to prove the Holocausts not true.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Leak seriously needs to get kicked in the head.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Duke Igthorn posted:

How about the "Shithead cartoonist who refused to pick a side because 'both sides are just as bad' until it was far too late" statue?
You say that as if Rall isn't still saying Dems are awful and Hillary would be just as bad. He's STILL on the both sides are just as bad kick.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Trump is making a quite reasonable suggestion which Batman is reacting Violently. A bad cartoon.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

they say he's as wide as four pigs, he's got a retractable fingers so's he can grope you better, and you know what, he has four hairs, two to comb over and the other two are sort of backup hairs, and he's got hands the size of buttercups, and for some reason he doesn't terribly fear creating a new stamp act, and he has a cash magnet in his wallet so's if you're made of money he can attach himself to you, and instead of a mouth he's got four arses

Dougal being a Trump voter does make a certain amount of sense.

Shangri-Law School posted:

If Trump's presidency kills off "both sides are the same" for all time it might be worth it. This would of course require the sacrifice of Ted Rall, but I think that's a sacrifice worth making.

You say we'll sacrifice him, but who would take him?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Volcanic Vents posted:

Eagerly awaiting the incoming flood of "chestburster sheds a single tear" John Hurt obittoons :smith:

...I don't want to know where a space cock sheds tears from.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pentaro posted:

Donald John Trump's The Art of the Deal. :haw:

Holy poo poo. Trump is literally the apocalyptic villain from the Lego movie.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Or people who make those Lego statues to show off in public.

Fuckers. I wanted to try taking a hand with me.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

Keeping calm is for when your country is under attack by bombs and stuff from a foreign country, not when there is a cancer inside your society.

No, it's for when the Nazis have taken over. That poster was designed for an axis occupation of Britain, and was put up in Torquee.

That's why it's keep calm and not get mad. Getting mad under nazi occupation means a lot of late night deaths.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Skippy Granola posted:

Luckily for the time being y'all are still a nominal democracy and you have a healthy judiciary so if there was ever time to throw a brick...

Hence the mixing of the slogan for being under Nazi occupation with the 'Oh poo poo, he's done what now? We need to protest' message.

Quorum posted:

Given the writing lately, a Bethesda game is the only kind we could possibly be in. And not one of the obsidian written ones either.

Are you sure? Cause I can't recall Bethesda villains being this cartoonishly evil. Like, there was an actual intentional moral dilemna in Fallout 4, and in Fallout 3, the Enclave were at least trying to improve what was, kind of objectively, a blasted and doomed hell scape that had no hope and no future.

I think we're in a Capcom game.
This is great. I think we should start an "actually good" alternative to the gay abortions since we'll have way too much crap this year.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Keiya posted:

Non-political cartoonists who dip into politics know how many labels to use, why do people who do politics all the time not get it?

(Okay for out-of-the-loop reasons you might need to know that that's the current Ms Marvel, Kamala Khan, a Pakistani-American Muslim and Jersey City's biggest superhero (and one of only like two inhumans anyone gives two shits about but that's comic books drama))

Wait, she's an Inhuman? How does someone who knows they were created by aliens and not Allah square that with faith?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Might be interesting to have a category for "least objectionable bad opinion toon". A cartoon that doesn't use lies, false equivalence, misrepresentation, bullshit or bad metaphors, but still argues it's point well for something we don't agree with.

You know, like an anti abortion cartoon that doesn't include a 2 months pregnant woman with a big eyed toddler in her womb, or a Muslim ban cartoon with....poo poo I don't see how you could defend that without lies, false equivalence, misrepresentation, bullshit or bad metaphors.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Starshark posted:

One thing you might find with comic books is that there's a lot of stuff they don't bother to explain or explain really badly. Hope this didn't shock you too much.

I thought Marvel were good at poo poo like this. People hold Khamela Khan as a positive Muslim character in media, so I assumed there was some exploration of her faith as it affected her powers and Identity.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The problem with heroes who fight giant apes on the moon is that they're poo poo if we need heroes who can fight neo Nazis here on earth.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mystic Mongol posted:

From the early eighties:

Why is Green Arrow there? And why is he trying to give Green Lantern the same look the black guy is?

Selachian posted:

The same way DC's Mr. Terrific can be an atheist, even though he lives in a world where the Greek deities are real and the literal biblical Wrath of God is running around in a green cape, punishing murderers in grimly ironic ways.

Seriously, though, there are lots of people who manage to square scientific understanding with religious faith.

You misunderstand. I am not questioning how someone who understands science can have faith - I have it myself. People can understand the how while still knowing God is the who and why. But she has the how, the who and the why of how her people were created. So why does she give benediction to an unrelated entity?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cease to Hope posted:

the abrahamic godhead is an actual canon character in marvel comics

spider-man and the fantastic four have both met him

I thought Jack Kirby was confirmed to be an entirely different entity to The One Above All. And that the One Above All isn't abrahamic.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cat Mattress posted:

Inhuman is kind of a bad name, though, what with being synonymous with barbaric or monstrous.

So was mutant. It conjures up deformed cannibal sewer people like the Chuds.

BarbarianElephant posted:

I'm sure they will spontaneously cease to exist if Disney manages to extract the movie rights to mutants from Sony.

That will take a very long time if they are trying to get the rights from Sony instead of Fox, the people they sold them to.

La Brea Carpet posted:

F4 is boring and Reed Richards is a sociopath. Doom did nothing wrong IMHO.

He once convinced a woman he loved her then sold her to hell for magic powers.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Keiya posted:

So did Peter Parker.

No, I'm not bitter over One More Day at all, why do you ask?

Basically, everyone in the Marvel universe is a huge rear end in a top hat except Captain America.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Neopie posted:

Now he's written by an rear end in a top hat who made a supervillain team that was a satire of the SJWs and also was a nazi briefly.

I thought that was a loving Superdickery? They actually followed through on this for a year?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Somfin posted:

Getting that meeting cancelled was but a move in glorious leader Trump's game of 3-dimensional hyperchess with whiny baby Mexico

Now see how he effortlessly makes the sun rise and the tides flow as wimpy Obama struggled to achieve

*three weeks later*

For you see if glorious golden leader Trump hadn't been banned from Twitter his masculine prowess would have overwhelmed Europe and brought those cheese eating surrender monkeys to heel so of course the perfidious shadows behind the thrones needed that stopped

*three weeks later*

Illuminati Rothschilds banksters octopi taking over the free world the snarling heathen horde with scimitars and turbans threatens our white women only the nuclear fire of the Golden Son of God can save us now

*three weeks later*

Y'all know where this is heading, and I don't want to write it anymore.

"Slon tlir na tlei obr Fifth. Tla slon ████ plr children tln tlo sacp tlei."?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

seiferguy posted:

Happy Tuesday :toot:

Wasn't this an episode of Bob's Burgers?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Are we just doing Deadpool now?

Dude looks like if Christopher Walken she'd his skin as a cocoon and left him behind.

He looks like like the pig farmer every attractive woman was forced to marry in Slavic heroism tales.

He looks like if Jack Nicholson frozen corpse from The Shining was left there all year.

He looks like what Trump would look like if he cared even slightly about doing the job right, and aged the way Clinton, Obama and W. did

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Is IQ averaging done by country or by planetary population?

I wanna know if Garrison is such a dense motherfucker that he failed literally by definition, or just cause he can't figure out the problem with judging Syrian people's intelligence with a test designed for Americans, based on American culture.

Duke Igthorn posted:

I'm still salty about his "mooooooooral highground" bullshit cartoon but still: the white male isn't the one the StormTrumpers are going to go right for with smiles on their faces given the targets of opportunity clearly presented.

If he's the only one who is trying to go by the rules and therefore say what Trump can or cannot do, then yes they are.

This isn't like a rodeo bull thing, where white people trying to stopped Trump could use Muslims and black people to distract him. You do get that, right?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Duke Igthorn posted:

White people aren't going to bear the harshest treatment under Trump relative to minorities. I KNOW it's not what he's going because of who he is for he's using the same imagery as KKlurf and the "B-b-but MEN!" in response to women being attacked. It's bad optics and makes it a questionable cartoon.

Also yes, you absolutely could use a minority to distract from white people when dealing with Trump supporters, much like they use a nebulous "homeless vets" concept to distract from refugees while not actually caring about real homeless vets.

You are not listening. He is not emblematic of all white people. He is emblematic of white protesters who are trying to hold Trump accountable to the rules. They absolutely WILL be brutalized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You are in any way shocked Ralls contrarian rear end is bankrolled by Russia?

• Locked thread