Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Seeing a lot of this on Twitter today, from the most recent New Yorker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/12/its-not-the-economy-stupid/511634/

quote:

This city exemplifies the economic recovery the country has experienced since the Great Recession ended. Elkhart’s unemployment rate, which had reached a high of 22 percent in March of 2009, is now at 3.9 percent.

[...]

But despite the decisions that the Obama administration made that might have helped Elkhart, many people here have a strong dislike of Obama, who presided over an economic recovery in which the unemployment rate fell nationally to 4.6 percent from a high of 10 percent in October 2009. They say it’s not Obama who is responsible for the city or the country’s economic progress, and furthermore, that the economy won’t truly start to improve until President-elect Donald Trump takes office.

“He didn’t help us here, but he took credit for what happened,” Chris Corbin, 47, who works for a dispatch company in Elkhart, told me. Corbin thinks it will be Trump who improves the economy. “It’s going to take two terms, but he’ll fix things,” he said.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
:perfect:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Does anybody have that old (like early 20th century) toon about the differences between the generations? I remember one side said "how it used to be" and had a picture of a woman properly dressed, sitting upright, reading the bible; the other side had a woman slouching, smoking, reading a magazine.

I love all of the "here's the problem with TODAY'S generation" toons from the past, it really emphasizes that poo poo has always stayed the same

EDIT: found it

beepsandboops fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 10, 2017

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

D.N. Nation posted:

Half a loving week into Trump's presidency and all the boot-licking wingnuts can come up with is b-b-b-b-b-b-but libs meaner!.
I'm looking forward to four years of right-wing sycophants putting Hillary and Obama in their toons while the Trump administration fucks up everything possible

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Oh good, for a second there I forgot who The Real Racists™ were.

(Hugo Black, a Supreme Court justice who most people have never heard of and died when Chuck Schumer was in college? Give me a loving break you hack)

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

loquacius posted:

Well, sir, I'm Jordan Rivers, and these are the Foggy Bottom Boys, out of Cottonillia, Mississippi. Fongs of falvation to falve the foul.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Wow, why had nobody brought up this whole "Benghazi" thing before?!

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
The first of many cartoonists who will struggle to caricature Gorsuch in a way that is distinguishable from Pence.

Guess when you stock your whole political world with old white dudes it gets hard to tell them apart :shrug:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I personally can't wait till Garrison does another ubermensch Trump so I can do a side by side comparison

:allears:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Two weeks in, Ramirez is still more comfortable attacking the previous president than supporting (or drawing) the current president.

The cartoon would be less inept if he had Wormbama either holding the huge sign or whispering his agreement rather than the ISIS guy doing both. "Psssst... I secretly believe the message on this huge sign I'm holding!"

For conservatives, Obama and Hilary will never stop being the enemy

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

By Tim Kreider

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Selachian posted:

I dearly love that Spicer caricature, and I totally approve of continuing to draw Bannon as a giant rat.
I feel like Telnaes has some room for improvement with her Conway, but I appreciate that her ridiculous inauguration outfit will live on forever

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Thank you for calling out the little-known 4th branch of government, Saturday Night Live, for its lack of oversight.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

SexyBlindfold posted:

Prove me wrong Benny my boy I beg of you :unsmigghh:
This is Good

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Glad that this cartoonist can bring their insight and analysis into this subject by conflating gender and sexuality.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Enjoying the schadenfreude of all the cartoonists who did a "HOLLYWOOD ELITISTS" toon for the Oscars a week ago then hit the links while missing the biggest Oscars story in years

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Rebel Blob posted:

--Irish toon megapost--
Also wanted to add my favorite classic Thomas Nast Irish toon:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Bill Leak has died:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...4fbf-1489110169

Thank god I won't have to see this rear end in a top hat's hateful cartoons anymore

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

DeathMuffin posted:

Yeah, Barry Humphries is a oval office too
Man, really? I only know his Dame Edna persona, that's a bummer

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
So much for . . . eh, too easy.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Boomer conservatives have more opinions on college life than people actually going to college

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Tim Kreider actually drew a new cartoon in honor of this new age of Republican cooperation

:nws: http://imgur.com/PHdd4EF :nws:
I liked his commentary on it too:

quote:

Once in a while I still return to my old vocation of cartooning. Though my former fans may be disappointed to see that my once-prurient humor has been tempered by the thoughtfulness, subtlety and restraint of middle age.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Love when conservative shills stand up for plucky lil Saudi Arabia

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Jackard posted:

Now I need more hindsight comix... but nothing comes to mind besides whining about obama golfing
Always a classic

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Ban cars. AGC

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
:five:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Well, I guess he writes the same way he draws :stare:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Tinsley confirmed weeb

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
It cracks me up how seemingly deliberately small the "Asians" segment is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
This is the first comic I've seen that directly calls out the possibility of Trump literally being senile, have any other artists done this too?

• Locked thread