Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Happy 2017 from Bruce Tinsley!

I know it's already been done by at least one hack cartoonist, but thanks to green Baby New Year I just see the the coming President-Elect exchanging his sunset-hued pallor for a vibrant Shrek Green®, loudly tweeting at the scapegoat du jour to get out of his swamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Phoenixan posted:

2017 is the year we leave casual nihilism behind and do the things we believe in without fearing death, because if we die doing those things, at least our lives weren't wasted.

Yet another batch of New Years' Resolution to see go unfulfilled.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Political dialogue in the US has been forcibly shifted so far to the right that Fox News is now regarded as a leftist-biased news source, AGC.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Death is not only inevitable, but also immediately impending in light of a DJT presidency, AGC.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Manuel Calavera posted:

Brimstone too, a Binding of Isaac toonscreed.

Sandpuppy posted:

I'm guessing the Illuminati pepperoni is hiding behind the hot dog.

Also, it looks like Barney Frank is putting the Beetlejuice Witch Doctor curse on that kid.

The Brimstone symbol is historically an alchemical symbol for sulfur, which was adopted by Anton LaVey as the "Leviathan Cross" because of the association of sulfur with the Devil. Despite the late adoption, Christian tract writers took it and ran with it to demonstrate the organized threat of Satanism in the US, branding it the 'pontifical cross of Satan'. Also the Illuminati symbol you're looking for is the Owl of Minerva there with "BC" for Bohemian Club, one of many supposed claimants to the succession of the 'Bavarian Illuminati' from which so many conspiracy theories borrow the name. You have to hand it to him though, Dees seems very committed to being literate in the esoteric world of imaginary threats to Christendom America.
:goonsay:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Pants Donkey posted:

See it's their fault for getting hacked

I'll preface this saying that I'm not very tech-savvy, but I also no luddite, but... Am I just really getting old and out of touch or is everything suddenly being termed the very non-specific "Cyber[word]" sounding like uninformed minds locked in the technological awareness of the 1980s? Has this really been the industry jargon lately? Writing this I have to ask if in an analogy of the Abe Simpson "Old Man Yells At Cloud" headline, whether they are the old men or I am. :negative:

edit: my earliest encounter with 'cyber' being used contemporaneously to mean anything other than chatroom phone sex was honestly Trump talking about how his 10 year old is "very good at cyber". I'm still not sure I'm convinced that he didn't mean his kid grabs a mean digital pussy.

Syrnn fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 10, 2017

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Selachian posted:

(That's Kellyanne Conway in the machine.)

The head of Dullahan heralds the coming of the Unseelie Court's misdirections and perverse tortures, AGC.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I've only vaguely read up on it so far but the whole thing is unverified, right? At least so far.

When has this ever stopped a cartoonist from giving their enlightened perspective on politics?

Fig. A:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Trogdos! posted:

(apology) bonus Dry Bones:

It will never quite live up to the glory of Bleached Bones, and I really need to learn Photoshop some day, but this just kind of popped in there:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Angepain posted:

I had to google this so maybe someone else is as stupid as me and needs the help, but this is a reference to that film what she did about a woman who can't sing. Bonus, here's the picture he is attempting to imitate:

You guys just don't appreciate pure talent when you see it.

Uh, that comic is very clearly the handsome visage of none less than Stephen Fry. :colbert:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

I know this gets reposted a lot, but now I'm beginning to see it as a Delphic prophecy of some sort. Also, Shane is dead.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Cat Mattress posted:

Well I don't think after 16 years the Shrub Presidency is seen any more fondly than it was back then, since even the Republicans have tried to distance themselves and Junior has completely left politics; however who knows how perceptions will be altered by 4+ years of Trump.

Well, it's kind of my point exaclty; like the ambiguity of the (para)phrasing "if you go to war, a great kingdom will fall", history shining brighter on something is a relative statement. A dim chapter of history will certainly seem bright when placed next to an eclipse.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Attitude Indicator posted:

I agree, Ramirez.

Truly, the world has turned upside-down in tyool 2017.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Sandpuppy posted:

Captain America has his shield, The Piss King has his deadly erect necktie.

And Scott Adams knew the whole time. :smuggo:

:negative:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Is it still DASGC territory if it's an accurate paraphrase? :confused:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Selachian posted:

Claymation is sort of like a cartoon, right?

:five:

A fixation on springy, young saplings has blinded a congressman from exhibiting more robust virtues, AGC.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Yeah, it's recognizable, a good metaphor; it's AGC all right, buuut...

:perfect:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Lord Hydronium posted:

Imagine loving up a Trump caricature so bad you have to label it.

He probably didn't want people to confuse it with Renfield from Murnau's Nosferatu:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

darth_pizza posted:

And to the point in that PSki abomination : the full quote is

and that sounds an awful lot like a gross, misshapen Trump talking than it does anybody with a D behind their name. In particular the "plots have i laid" bit where he's basically saying "yeah, i am an ugly gross dude and i'm not having it, i'll make them all kill each other"

so, AGC?

So what you're saying is we should bury him in an undisclosed grave under a parking lot in Leicester, New York? :getin:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Trogdos! posted:

continuation:

:laffo:

In the spirit of Garfield Minus Garfield, I present a look into the lonely, senile life of Yaakov Kirschen, mid-cartooning crisis:

I suppose there's no better time to remind you all:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Huh, Ramirez hadn't struck me as the giantess femdom type. Who knew? :shrug:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Not sure if this has been posted but uh...

Yes, but what does John Ritter have to do with Alex Jones?

We're living in the Problem Child sequel-universe, where the kid is all grown up and has become president, aren't we? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

I called it as being John Ritter in this very thread when it was first posted, but no one liked my Problem Child joke. I guess Lowtax is welcome to it, though. :smith:

• Locked thread