Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Here's to another year of being willfully dense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, please only post them if they're erotic.

How can you tell the difference?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Quorum posted:

Lmao, some intern transparently just google image searched "hacking" and took the first likely result. Or was a Fallout fan.

Or they just wanted some green text on the screen. I don't see what the issue is without some damning context.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Keiya posted:

Where's Chewie's loving medal? Or R2 and C3P0's, for that matter?

Slaves don't get awards, makes them think wrong things about their position in society.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

loquacius posted:

People keep saying stuff like this but I've never heard an example of an indoor pest that a spider might kill that is worse than the spider itself

What, do you have a horsefly infestation inside your home or something? Why are literal arachnids part of your pest-control setup, are you a Halloween witch?

sorry for the anti-spider hot take, guys, but I'm virulently racist against all members of the arachnid family

Even scorpions!?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Quorum posted:

Polls showed that Republican voters immediately thought about the economy in a more positively as of November 9 than November 8. The reality of the economy has no impact.

Giuliani said as much while campaigning for Trump, the numbers about the economy don't matter, how people feel about the economy matters.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

And if they had listened, what could they have done? Remember it's illegal in Florida for a Doctor to ask if you have access to firearms.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Dems literally did the impossible and put humpty dumpty back together again while the republicans stand aghast. agc.

Ularg posted:

Can someone explain to me the "Well intelligence also said there were WMDs so why trust them now?" claims? My gut tells me it's bullshit.

They didn't, the bush admin set up a new intelligence agency who's only purpose was to say there were WMDs and then dissolved it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Xander77 posted:

The gently caress was the Twitter "brand" before he came along? Who was going "yeah, this is a great platform for productive communication"?

Racists, kkk members, neo nazis and other deplorables that you hadn't heard of.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Who What Now posted:

So why don't they ban him?

When you're famous they let you do what ever you want.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I've only vaguely read up on it so far but the whole thing is unverified, right? At least so far.

Yeah, this was the same stuff that was floating around a year ago and no one was biting because it's so obviously fake or mostly fake.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Selachian posted:

I'm pretty sure that's what we're going to get -- at least a small stretch of wall so that Trump can have a campaign appearance in front of it in 2020.

We already have that. They'll just go to the existing wall and claim they just built it. After all, who's going to call them on it?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Pants Donkey posted:

Keith Ellison is Muslim, so just completely remove him as a potential candidate.

30% of this country thought Obama was Muslim. Can you imagine the freakout when there's a candidate who actually is one

If he can actually get dems to turn out to vote, it doesn't really matter.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

tacodaemon posted:

I sometimes wonder if rightwing cartoonists realize that college students do other things such as go to class and do homework and write papers and spend all-nighters cramming at the library and such and such

It's been years since I was a college student but somehow I have managed to retain the memory of doing those things

They'd have to have gone to know otherwise.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

tacodaemon posted:

Is Trump going to roll back Obama's proclamation that anime is real?

Ain't no law that says you can't grab a drawing by the pussy.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I think that the unemployment problem is as solved as I think it can be without a massive effort to reeducated and relocate huge chunks of the labor force. We are seeing the consequences that come when politicans ignore the problems inherent to the transition from an industrial economy to a service economy. The DNC at least acknowledges the problem (recall every time Obama mentions low unemployment he also adds that we have a lot of work to do still) while the GOP has actively and knowingly spent the last 40 years making it worse. Any time someone on the Right complains about jobs and the economy I just want to yell in their face.

Edit: fixing phone post typos

It'd get better if you raised minimum wage since then not as many people would need two jobs to make ends meet, thus freeing up a job for someone who can't find one. We saw a little of this when the ACA went into effect and some people were able to quit their second job since they didn't need it to cover insurance.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Angepain posted:

those clowns in the white house, what a bunch of clowns
clowns clowns clowns clowns clowns clowns clowns clowns clowns clowns

How does he keep up with the news like that?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

loquacius posted:

Now that you mention it that is also the weirdest toilet I've ever seen

The flush handle seems to be on the bottom of the seat cover

Naw, it's one of those public toilets, the kind that don't have covers. I'll leave it up to you as to why that was Booze Tinsley's goto image for a toilet.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

ThePeavstenator posted:

"military secrets" in this case being our soldiers double-tapping civilians and then the emergency responders

Yeah, it really should say state secrets as those are the more divisive ones.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Looks like someone's never paid the prostitute an extra $20 to piss on them (or on the president's bed).

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Vib Rib posted:

Do you think Garrison will ever address issues in a future comic, or was the Trump win just too much self righteous smugness for him to handle and now he's permanently stuck doing "ha ha ha look at all the crying babies" comics?
Like in three years Trump could declare war with Alaska or some zany poo poo and Garrison would still be drawing ugly women that have tattoos crying about how Trump beat Hillary.

Why would he start now? He's never done it before.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

I hope they didn't pull a muscle stretching so much.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Huh, wonder why women that want to make sure women can make their own choices aren't supportive of women who think that women shouldn't be allowed to make their own choices. Must be because they're hypocrites, yeah, that must be it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

Spreading a video of one of them getting punched has the same effect as a pithy remark, at best. Persecution is a coin that they are happy to trade in. He's saying he's afraid, publicly, to the press and on twitter, to further the narrative of how dangerous and violent those left wing feminist radicals. "these kind of people are roaming around". If he was actually afraid, he wouldn't be talking about it! This isn't going to cause him to stop going places or speaking, it's going to let him and his followers talk about how brave he was to overcome it. Spencer is saying publicly that he's worried it will become a meme, but he'd love for the image of him as the sane and rational one under threat by violent lefties became a meme. These are not people you can take at their word.

It's not about what he deserves, it's about what the effects are on his appeal. This increases his appeal, just like Milo loves having counterprotests (the rowdier, the better) at his campus talks. The proper response isn't to hit back, no matter how appealing it is. It's to cut them off in advance. Campuses and venues can easily enact policies that have the effect of excluding these people from speaking. Policies on ticket priority can keep them from bringing in paid supporters, which keeps them from profiting. Counterprogramming can sap their audience and promote an alternative narrative. The right wing isn't beaten by being attacked or reasoned with, but by cutting off their air.

Why not both?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ularg posted:

I think they mostly hang out on the gun board.

TFR or GIP?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

FreeKillB posted:

I would consider the argument that even Nazis have a right to not be punched in the face to be real. Like, it was funny and I'm not going to shed tears for the rear end in a top hat, but "it's okay to use violence to suppress the expression of political ideas I find abhorrent" is not a sentiment that I find compatible with the ideals of Western democracy.

VVVVV: I don't see how a convincing counter to "it's not okay to use violence to suppress political speech I find abhorrent" can be reasonably given as "but I find this speech REALLY REALLY abhorrent!!!!". Like, in the abstract the fact that even awful ideologies are given protections can be viewed as a defect in a society that cherishes free speech, but in practice once people start making judgements as to which political speech is protected and which political speech deserves to be punched in the face, I have 100% confidence that it won't just be Nazis who are punched.

We're not saying to suppress political speech with violence, we're saying punch a Nazi in the face. He can still speak all he wants.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

FreeKillB posted:

Hmm, yes what a well-considered and convincing position, I had never thought of this before. Surely if everyone adopted this reasoning only means that the right people (Nazis) would end up being punched. Other protestors (non-Nazis from across the political spectrum) would be fine!

The other protesters are already getting attacked, by the police.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Sandpuppy posted:

e: bonus LOL that's apparently making the rounds on Facebook

"..and through the bong smoke I saw the guiding hand of Jesus."

"Jesus teaches the president how to write"

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ruzihm posted:

Batman did nothing wrong

Batman would've won.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

His editor must've changed that first sign since the funny pages don't allow the word that was actually used.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's gonna be like Reagan again. They'll do their best to cover it up and deny it for as long as possible but unlike Reagan, Trump isn't charismatic or an actor. He's already falling apart.

Isn't an actor? I'll have you know Home Alone 2 and Ghosts Can't Do It are some of Hollywood's finest movies.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

ZombieCat posted:

My options are a guy who made a few overly optimistic promises and a narcissistic sociopath who wants to rewrite the past?

Gonna have to go with the one on the right, Bob.

Who then apologized when it turned out he was wrong.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

"The vote counting mainframe"

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Yes, that is what they want. That's not what the Donald is doing tho.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Dr. Stab posted:

I totally understand the disappointment, but I really don't understand the people going "guess I'll vote conservative next time" as though failing to fix something is worse than breaking it more.

It's because they don't know the actual party positions, they think it's two equal groups and you just take turns until it's fixed.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

Does turning someone on mean something else?

Yes, to old people it means to make them happy.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Well, yes. The one guy responsible for a large amount of the fake news last year said all his liberal leaning sites failed since liberals would actually double check his articles first.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, I knew that image but didn't make the Nazi connection.

So what, the press corps is also Nazis?

Maybe, I don't know. Either way, they're not depicted at the trump rally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

loquacius posted:

Why exactly was this supposed to be a big purposeful deception again rather than just the best guess of intelligence at the time? Like, what would he have theoretically gained? It's just such the dumbest thing to fixate on and I can't believe it's 2017 and they're not over it yet

That was still mostly correct as verified by the mastermind when they eventually caught him.

• Locked thread