Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yes, let's desecrate the remains of a crazy person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Well how many parting shots do we need on a mentally Ill man that did something bad 50 years ago?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yeah racism is bad but the guy literally thought a Beatles song was telling him to start a race war.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Pants Donkey posted:

Nobody is saying he's bad because he was likely insane, but that he's bad because he was a racist, murderous gently caress.

My reply was aimed at the guy trying to strawman me as defending racism.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

If you don't want to be misconstrued as being sympathetic to Manson, maybe don't chomp at the bit to call out the "desecration of his remains"? Just a hint for the future.

But yeah, looks like Manson was actually psychotic. Mea culpa.

Yeah I don't agree with him I just feel sorry for him because he was severely mentally ill. He actually asked not to be released from prison the last time he was incarcerated prior to the killings.

Regalingualius posted:

To be fair, he knew there was no way in hell he was ever going to be granted parole, so it's pretty likely he just decided to gently caress around during the proceedings.

It's partly because he was lucid enough to realize that people were basically treating him as a sideshow attraction.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I watched a few episodes of MASH today actually. It's amazing how often the jokes on the show are just a woman being sexually assaulted while a laugh track plays. I've always used the show and movie of an example of why conservative humor is universally terrible.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

They toned Hawkeye down in the movie and then again in the show but the book is a series of vignettes of the author's self insert getting drunk and being lovely to women and minorities. Also Trapper John hot his nickname from being "falsely" accused of rape. The author's an objectivist not religiously conservative.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

King Possum III posted:

Garrison is trying to squeeze a few bucks from last year's Christmas cartoon by aggressively hawking it on his website and sending mass emails to his followers. He promises a new one soon.

I plan to create the 2017 version soon. But this oldie, but goodie from last season still brings holiday cheer.

12 Lefties Crying
11 Eagles Flying
10 Angry Muslims
9 Big Liars Crashing
8 Russians Hacking
7 Black Lives Matterin'
6 Triggered Trigglies
5 Golden TWEETS
4 Pepes Kek-ing
3 Bern Outs
2 Losing Clintons
...And a Donald Trump Presidency

-Ben Garrison

Just a reminder that "trigglypuff's" only crime was shouting over Milo Yianopolous while being unattractive. This was when the Nazis where still giving college campus speeches rather than marching in the streets and running down pedestrians. It really bugs me that so many reasonable people I know fell for the altright version where she was just whining about her feelings being hurt.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Republicans posted:

Every time Trump calls her Pocahontas I think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXPQLXjC_KA

Biff is literally Trump in that movie. It caught me off guard when I watched it recently because I hadn't seen it since I was a kid and didn't even know who trump was back then.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Like the whole reason the case fell apart was because the right wanted to make an example of the guy instead of pursuing charges based on what he actually did. San Francisco didn't screw it up the prosecution did.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Cover up? I thought dude was fired?

The people running the network almost certainly knew for years and did nothing.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

That made the whole arc worth it.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

Yes. Pelosi said a thing that was easy to take out of context. That doesn't negate the fact that the ACA was debated in the open for over a God drat year you fucker.

Democrats need some sort of reverse Frank Luntz that just warns them what words and phrases republicans are going to harp on.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The ousted Fbi agent originally described Hillary's email server as something more severe that would have carried potential jail time before comey overruled him. I wonder when the right will jump on that.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Let's just use child predator in every instance. It sounds more menacing.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

I like SMBC, but that cartoon really smacks of somebody who could, up to this point, afford to ignore politics suddenly being like "Wait, these leopards could actually eat my face?!"

Also, being that close to the Nazi rally where Heather Heyer was killed and still acting like you're above it all until, again, finally realizing that the leopard might actually eat your face...

I'm not sure how you're getting that from his portrayal of struggling to afford healthcare.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Despera posted:

Citizen Kane was boring

Yeah, it was stupid of Rall to take pot shots on a dead guy but I never understood Ebert's insistence that Kane was an entertaining movie in and of itself rather than just a very important and influential tech demo. He honestly expected the average moviegooer to be blown away by just a surface level viewing be which was weird considering helping average movie watchers find something to watch was something he did for a living for 40 years. I would have agreed with rall's comic if it wasn't an obituary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

WE WANT DUE PROCESS.

Unless it's an immigrant. Or if we decide someone's innocent because they on ARE team.

I guess we just don't believe in the process part of due process unless we win.

I think the problem is a lot of people seem to think that the constitution says what rights Americans have, when in actuality it says what the American government can and cannot do. They think the rules apply to American people and not the government itself.

• Locked thread