Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Assuming it's even possible to, 100% of the time, say things that cannot possibly be misconstrued / taken out of context by relentless bad-faith actors, the conservative media would just make poo poo up wholesale. So in other words, nothing would be different.

At this point, I'm surprised that Fox and Friends haven't just started splicing together different video clips to make people say what they want.

Hillary in a blue sweater: "I did..."
Hillary in 1993: "...all..."
Hillary in a space suit: "Of the..."
Trump in a Hillary mask: "Benghazis."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah this situation is extremely comical to me but also I wonder, was there any previous time where the FBI were accused of being lefties?

Probably when they failed to arrest Hillary for all of the Benghazi she did, I'm sure there was some "Well yeah, they're in her/the Democrat's pocket."

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Neodoomium posted:

we get it, stantis, both sides are bad and discourse is gone.

we get it.

Both sides are equally bad, but the Left side is more equally bad than the right.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I can't figure out if this is supposed to be pro- or anti-bitcoin. It can't be a coincidence that bitcoin is represented by "easily broken thing filled with air" in every frame.

I'd say it's definitely pro-bitcoin. I mean, the last panel is that outside of the bubble is a blasted landscape while inside is still green and able to support life.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

seiferguy posted:

If you saw Forrest Gump, all of his accomplishments were stolen from black people:

- the dance he taught Elvis was originally created by black performance artists
- the initial scene he tells a black woman he was named after a klansmen, and she expects him to be OK with it
- the person who initially reported Watergate was a black security guard
- he was a loving white running back for Alabama

Unrelated by Zemeckis made the actor who played Bubba wear a prosthetic lip enhancement. Forrest also beats the poo poo out a Black Panther, too.

In short, Marlette could have picked anyone better to bridge the gap between whites and blacks, but alas...

Didn't Republicans try to adopt Gump as their mascot for awhile, since he embodied the ideal of "Getting ridiculously loving lucky and managing to capitalize on opportunities that were literally handed to him on a silver platter while being credited as doing it all on his own with plain hard work"?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

It takes balls to accuse something of being a tax-funded witch hunt when your side spent millions on BENGHAZI for four years.

Counterpoint: But her emails, checkmate libs :smuggo:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Neodoomium posted:

*For Rich, White Men, Because We've Wanted Hillary Executed For 25 Years"

Ah, but they know Hillary did something wrong. The fact that absolutely nothing has come from any of the 9000 investigations and hearings just proves how much she's managed to keep hidden.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Alkydere posted:

Wait, wait, wait....a reasonable/sane comic with a sober expanded opinion from loving Bok?

Don't get too excited.
It's only because Moore lost, now they all have an excuse to backtrack and pretend they never supported him.

Had he won, they'd all be crowing about how that somehow magically proves he isn't a pedophile.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Johnny Walker posted:

It's this, but I honestly think the reality of this one is messing with some of them. Once the initial "We beat the libs! Suck it, libs!" stuff is done and worn off, they are realizing they are getting exactly both jack and squat out of this, and that all this is literally the exact opposite of what they voted for and what they've been promised, and that is causing some of them some discomfort.

Well no, when everything still sucks, it'll somehow still be the Democrats fault because reasons.

"The Republican led house and senate just passed a bill written exclusively by republicans and had it signed by a republican president...loving demonrats must be to blame!"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lurdiak posted:

Did you guys know Mike Lester has another comic.

Hilarious.

"Can you use interval in a sentence?"

"Sure. There was a 5 minute interval between the beatings Mike Lester inflicted on his wife."

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Y'know, Tinsley is halfway tolerable when he isn't expressing his terrible, drunken opinions.
Stick to the lukewarm jokes like this, Bruce, it's better this way for everyone.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oxyclean posted:

But just think about all the companies that gave a one time bonus to employees in response to the tax bill!

Weren't some of those companies contractually obligated to do the bonus well before the Tax Bill was shat out?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

MrUnderbridge posted:

loving, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress....

Every year the same goddamned thing.

Let's try it once more.

The "X" is the Greek letter "Chi", which is the first letter in the spelling of "CHrist".

And it's not new, Xmas goes back to the 16th loving century.

And X has represented Christ almost since the beginning.

So the sign is literally saying "Putting the Christ back in Christmas"

Putz.

Ahem. I believe you'll find that we speak 'Murican here in America. And the letter X is clearly not the word "WhiteBabyJesusChrist"
Ergo, ipso facto and irregardless, the X is the opening volley of the war on WhiteBabyJesusChristmas.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Roland Jones posted:

Yeah, see, you know all the things you complain about regarding the Republican party? This comic here is proof that you are the problem. That you think Mike Pence is at all better than Trump or in fact a good person or potential president at all shows that you either don't understand or don't actually care about all the things you proclaim to hate about the GOP, you just don't like that Trump's vulgar about it.

Get hosed, Stantis.

Stantis: "You gotta give me the dog whistles! It makes the racism and bigotry go down smooth and guilt-free. Not like Trump, where I'm forced to confront the bald-faced honesty of what we stand for as a party."

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

My hot take is that the biggest difference between Trump and Pence is that Trump says all the horrible poo poo that Pence wishes he could say.

That, and Trump is more than willing to let the world burn as long as he and his corporate asskissers turn a profit, whereas Pence would insist on using LGBTQ people as the kindling.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lurdiak posted:

I think Pence would be an improvement on Trump because he doesn't have nearly the cult of personality that Trump does and that would greatly affect his room to maneuver as he tries to rip out all our spines and suck the marrow out of them.

I disagree.
They've already proven that as long as they have any sort of majority, they don't give a fraction of a gently caress about what the peasants think.

With Trump, he at least provides enough tweets and sound bites admitting that they're out to screw everyone that even the most fence sittingest fence sitters can feel compelled to raise an objection about it and maybe even do something about it at the voting booth.

With Pence putting that friendly face of civility on it, they can go right back to saying "Oh, he's so civil and well spoken, surely the Democrats can compromise just this once."

I would bet good money that if Pence ever does get to sit in the big boy chair while Republicans control the House and Senate, there will be a loving assembly line of "written at the last second with literally zero involvement from Democrats" bills getting passed.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

He . . . he really thinks he did something smart there, huh.

Literally everybody's racist grandpappy called, they want their tepid "joke" back.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Edit: wrong post

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Trump literally says what they've all been thinking.
None of them disagree with what he's saying, their only issue is that he insists on using the regular whistle instead of the dog whistle, and even that's only considered an issue by some of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

OldMemes posted:

I meant in terms that Trump doesn't have a clear ideology aside from being Trump, and seems to zig zag from one point to another as it suits him.

His ideology is literally that one Dems vs Republicans meme:
- More money for me
- gently caress you.

• Locked thread