Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's still terrible, we were just spared a particularly vile BLM subplot.

Is this Black Lives Matter of Bureau of Land Management? Hey, it could go either way...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Iron Crowned posted:

It's been surprising that he hasn't been dead or in jail for at least 30 years.

Not really. The key to understanding Nugent's good luck is understanding that he's all mouth and no trousers.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

oddium posted:

because when you're awarded a medal they put it around your neck (olympics, star wars). next question

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I like the Magritte touch. Take away the wall of words and this would be quite the image.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
God, who the hell gets scared of spiders go see a shrink or something.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I work IT and I get to see most of the hiring that goes on and the majority of full employee hires are in their late 40's to early 60's. Most of the Gen-Xers and Millennials that get hired are brought in as temps and contractors. There is a big problem, especially in more established companies, where instead of training and grooming talent they just head hunt it from other companies. This has created this really interesting problem where companies will be unable to fill most if not all of the management and skilled+experienced labor positions once they run out of Babyboomers to snipe. The last 20-30 years (basically since Reagan) have wreak absolute havoc on the labor market. It seems like every day I read a new article about how screwed the labor market is thanks to the endless obsession with short term profits over long term growth.

edit: typos corrections

Don't worry! The millennials will get the blame for not working hard enough. Not that I give a poo poo as a Gen X'er, I just think it's funny to see the generation with the short end of the capitalist stick getting the most poo poo.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Who even were the Nazi's? I know they were Wonder Woman's enemy but you guys are talking about them like they were real?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

albany academy posted:

dude from the petshop boys shaves his eyebrows and becomes bowie-hitler or something and turns all english lads into hammers

Petshop Boys?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Fulchrum posted:

Wait, she's an Inhuman? How does someone who knows they were created by aliens and not Allah square that with faith?

One thing you might find with comic books is that there's a lot of stuff they don't bother to explain or explain really badly. Hope this didn't shock you too much.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

You keep loving that chicken, guys. I'm sure it'll improve Trump's image no end.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Zombie Dachshund posted:

When I was in Cub Scouts, we had a nut sale every year. Believe me, eight year old Zombie Dachshund would have been more comfortable selling transgender cookies than going door to door asking strangers to buy Cub Scout nuts

Did you sing this when you knocked on the door? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcHYqNIV7GU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Improbable Lobster posted:

The original "shrimp on a treadmill" study that conservatives love to whine about was a small portion of a larger study about the health of the aquatic populations in whatever body of water they were examining. The treadmill cost under $100 and was definitely worth every penny, shrimp need their exercise.

I think the biggest own on conservatives and their hate for scientific research was when Sarah Palin was bitching about fruit fly research and a scientist said it had applications in understanding Downs Syndrome.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Samurai Sanders posted:

When the hell was this promise? All I ever heard from most of the GOP is that they would be good little toadies.

I read about someone somewhere who was a GOPer that voted for Clinton who said if Trump doesn't behave he'll be removed (presumably by impeachment). But this guy didn't sound like he was a major mover-and-shaker, he just got air time because he was a conservative who didn't like Trump. Maybe the cartoonist is referring to that guy?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

DMCrimson posted:

Back in high school, a friend asked me if liberals were anti-environment since he read a sentence that a logging company "liberally" cut down trees.

This cartoon brings back memories.

Some guy with brain issues on the Randi forums insisted that atheists had to believe in God because 'atheist' contains 'theist'. Add that to the pile if you like.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I see Cagle is angling for some of that sweet wingnut welfare.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

loquacius posted:

Maybe he's just lost some sleep due to all the excitement w/r/t being the MVP of his fifth Super Bowl win and whatnot, it was a pretty big day

If the "anti-DeVos politicians are corrupt and in the pocket of BIG TEACHER" cartoon from a few days ago was the epitome of opposite_of_reality.jpg, this one is the archetypal example of a cartoon that makes no loving sense if you didn't spend your whole life quarantined inside a far-right-blog news bubble

panel two is just the other cop going "probably a lot of them, yes, but I don't get the connection"

The only way you can remove a President is by murder, duh.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Someone with a bit more skill than me needs to add a second panel. It should show the audience is a room full of undecided voters where half are nodding in agreement with Hitler while the rest are lamenting how equally wrong both sides are and therefore aren't voting at all.

Some of them should also be tut-tutting the yelling guy for not reaching out and trying to understand Hitler.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Sandpuppy posted:

I'm morbidly enjoying Trump's insanity emboldening guys like Lester into flatly calling for the US to become a dictatorship.

The US being allowed to do whatever the gently caress it wants under a veneer of legalism has always been a mainstay of right-wingers. When the Iraq war was getting started, one person said it was justified 'because of the Monroe Doctrine'.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I got to admit I'm a bit slow today (it's 45 Celsius and my brain is hosed) - can someone spell this one out to me?

E: why does the court of appeals giving Trump the gently caress-off mean the rest of the world gets due process and that's bad?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Retromancer posted:

The point of the cartoon is that the judges are giving due process to non-us citizens, who are not protected under the constitution. It's the lovely argument used to justify the ban.

Ah, so dumb and wrong.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Does anyone else just scroll over Mallard when he tries to do poetry now?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Anonononomous posted:

See, I thought that he looked insane at the debates, too. So I can't trust my own judgement on this.

How are the people who somehow voted him into office taking this?

They voted for him because he's a loser, and him losing more just reassures them! From an ex-goon (someone tell me who this guy was when he posted here, I don't recognise the name)

https://medium.com/@DaleBeran/4chan-the-skeleton-key-to-the-rise-of-trump-624e7cb798cb#.1ghzkqlqp

By the way, I go for the thesis in this article 100%, but that doesn't mean you should. Use your judgement! But if you disagree, say why here.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Retromancer posted:

But enough about the Fallout franchise.

When you're tired of the politician turning out to be a robot, you're tired of satire.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

This is from a while back (the toons are coming thick and fast under a Trump presidency) but it still makes me giggle. I think one of the cutest tricks capitalism has pulled is convincing people who live in trailers that they're 'middle America'.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Randalor posted:

I'm confused. Why is there so much "The Emperor's New Clothes" references recently? Wasn't that the story where everyone went along with the story that the emperor was wearing clothing until a little child asked why the emperor was walking around naked? Isn't that almost the exact opposite of what's going on now with the media calling out at least some of Trumps actions?

We're also seeing 'Presidency as car going off cliff with driver saying everything's fine' and 'healthcare as ambulance up on blocks' which was done a million times during the Obama presidency by Ramirez alone. What I'm trying to say is that political cartoonists suck.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
o-ganic

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

forkboy84 posted:

Nah. She'll win the first round and then everyone will hold their nose and vote for the less terrible but still terrible candidate in the head for head vote.

Hmm. This sounds familiar.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

It's your frickin' war - you pay for it.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Who deported more undocumented immigrants? Obama or W Bush?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Axetrain posted:

"I know how to show how little I care about the opinions of these Hollywood actors! I'll spend my time and effort depicting a fictional situation in which my thoughts on them are validated!""

I wonder if left-wingers can get on this gravy train as well. Can I do a cartoon about a tapir that gets mad at Ted Nugent for two weeks straight?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Samurai Sanders posted:

Sometimes I think if just the burden of proof thing could be explained, everything else would take care of itself.

No, then they go on to say things like 'if God isn't real why are there more than a billion Christians'.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Jedit posted:

Don't worry, most of them will be too busy going insane because Best Supporting Actor went to a black Muslim.

By the way, did everyone stop posting cartoons and let King Possum do it? I put him on ignore because I was sick of his gimmick, but now I'm not seeing many cartoons.

I don't think it's a gimmick, I think he's just a bit dumb/lazy? Maybe you should count to ten before mashing the ignore button.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

the_steve posted:

Jesus Christ, if anyone ever doubted that Assay was truly evil...
He was actually in favor of junk mail and spam ads?

He's an old man and his grand-kids never write.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Vib Rib posted:

What really strikes me about Prickly City is that it's so much loving nothing. Ever since the election ended it's been almost nonstop of the same strip, every day, where the two characters freak out and scream incredibly vague, nebulous complaints about their anxiety for the future and their confusion over the present. Every strip is basically the same as the last.

WINSLOW I'M SO ANGRY AND SCARED
THE WORLD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ANYMORE
I'M TRYING TO SEE THE BRIGHT SIDE THOUGH
BUT IT'S VERY DIFFICULT!!!

Almost none of them address even the barest specifics. It's just screaming into a void while trying really hard not to let the void know what you're really talking about. I don't understand it. Why the aversion to clarity? Why keep things so generic and bland? It's going loving nowhere. I remember a few brief, interrupted/dropped storyline arcs they were going to do like when the nearby city hacked their election or something but all that quickly fell away to just directionless angst.
loving do something already, you're a comic strip.

Yeah, you gotta wonder who'd read that poo poo. Even Tinsley has appeal to the wingnuts and Fox news watchers who've got to get their daily dose of culture war. Other strips that do the same joke every day usually have nostalgia on their side, like Family Circus. What does this strip possibly have going for it?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Cat Mattress posted:

Someone could give a hot tip to the ICE about a dangerous (the secret services have a file on him), suspected illegal immigrant (he's got a Spanish name, that makes him a suspect) propagandist.

He's half Japanese as well so he's an enemy of the State.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

He's not human.

Footage of him rebooting when a logic processor is overloaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9y1c73-IM

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
It's also kinda funny to see on a day where Sessions recuses himself and Pence is revealed to have BUT EMAILS that Tinsley is worried about the NOAA. I'd say the two-week delay is killing him, but it's not like he would've addressed the scandal avalanche anyway.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Lodin posted:

I liked the Ted Rall one.
Oh wait, I didn't. It was as usual drawn like rear end and everyone knows he's creepy scum.

The one time I had to take communal showers men went first and then women. The next day it switched and so forth.

I had a unisex communal shower and it wasn't any problem. Mind you, I was in Starship Troopers.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

davebo posted:

Did Michael Moore do or say anything disrespectful to/about her in the media or something? Seems pretty random otherwise.

Edit: oh, this: "That's why she's there as sort of an f-you for the people who are criticizing [the mission Navy SEAL Ryan Owens was killed in]," Moore said. "And the poor woman, this widow who just lost her husband. She is in desperate grief right now... and in love with her husband. And to use that to put another notch on his belt and what is he thinking about? My ratings. Record applause. Record ratings. I'm going to get an Emmy for this, most applause for a dead soldier on my watch. This is the sickness of this man."

Hahahaha Branco you're a goose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
If I thought it'd make a difference I'd email it to Ford.

• Locked thread