Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

A Pepe Tauroctony? Now I have literally seen everything.

zakharov posted:

The people not only predicting robots taking all the jobs but salivating over it are just weird

It'll kick rear end if and only if we combine it with a Basic Minimum Income high enough to be comfortable on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Tobermory posted:

Seems like a natural fit, what with being exclusively male and hanging out in windowless basements.

Oh, very well done. :golfclap:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Pants Donkey posted:

Ah just what I needed: an incoming wave of lovely, transphobic cartoons.

This is going to get really bad.

Son of a bitch.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Good thing every :dings: is saved by our capitalist wonderland! :)

Using this argument invariably gets me a morally outraged response about other countries fudging the numbers by counting "infant mortality" differently than the US.

But apparently that doesn't count when talking about why Sweden has a higher rate of reported sexual assault. Because reasons.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

D.N. Nation posted:

Counterpoint: Patrick Stewart is a good 'un.

Very true, but Avery Brooks trolled the poo poo out of Shatner in "The Captains" so he has a special place in my heart.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

These guys got hired to be the anti-Doonesbury, but at least Doonesbury does stuff outside of politics sometimes.

And when Doonesbury does politics, it has something other than the most superficial understanding of anything at all.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Throwing shade at the Internet's favorite sassy gay uncle? Yeah, that's gonna go well.

EDIT: Did Takei even say anything about Shatner sticking his dick in the soup, or is this Garrison just lashing out?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

What? Really? Are you sure about that? I don't think there's a large Jewish population in Montreal.

Absolutely true. Shatner, Nimoy, Koenig, and a significant proportion of the original series writers.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Last year a student in my class had to withdraw from his senior year of high school due to multiple concussions on the football field. I could personally loving observe the change in cognition. Eat poo poo, Bennett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

WampaLord posted:

I think Bennett is on your side here.

His point is that parents are (correctly) concerned about the safety of playing football, he's not mocking football players.

loquacius posted:

I don't think that's a pro-concussion cartoon (pro-football? Anti-concussion-awareness? I dunno what term to use exactly but the point is Bennett probably doesn't think the kid's mom is being dumb)

Of course it's still a flawed cartoon in that CTE is a separate issue from concussions and doesn't actually require blows to the head to occur at all

You're probably right. I teach in Texas so I have a massive hate for the high school football culture here, I probably got a little knee-jerky here.

• Locked thread