Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I will try not to tell anyone to kill themselves when playing a multiplayer game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2) Too many people are breaking the "Don't Tell People to Kill Themselves Rule". Especially in the Pokémon Go thread.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
I will finally be marrying the love of my life, Midna. Our love will bridge the two dimensions and bring about the twilight.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ol yeller posted:

I will finally be marrying the love of my life, Midna. Our love will bridge the two dimensions and bring about the twilight.

Nice

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I want to focus more on playing games through to the end instead of jumping around a bunch of different stuff all the time.

Yeah, this is a good one.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Soral posted:

in 2017 i'm going to quit playing multiplayer games that i have hundreds of hours in so i can knuckle down and complete all the games i've purchased but never played. this is the year of the empty steam backlog.

Same.

Also I had already made a NY resolution not to buy any new books this year unless I make some real progress on my existing library since I buy them way faster than I read them and ended up with hundreds of books I've yet to read but Lumpy's post made me realize I've got the same problem with games so I think I'll extend that resolution to games as well.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Finally get a new PC and speed run deus ex. Always wanted to learn but haven't had a PC in a couple years

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Same.

Also I had already made a NY resolution not to buy any new books this year unless I make some real progress on my existing library since I buy them way faster than I read them and ended up with hundreds of books I've yet to read but Lumpy's post made me realize I've got the same problem with games so I think I'll extend that resolution to games as well.

I have an insane book backlog too and I was thinking the same thing lol. Of course I literally just got back from buying a book at B&N

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

I have an insane book backlog too and I was thinking the same thing lol. Of course I literally just got back from buying a book at B&N

Yeah I bought 3 of the Kindle Daily Deal books like 3 hours into the new year lol. I may have to make an exception for those, I'll never have the willpower to resist a book I want for 2 bucks.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i just bought a collection of short stories while i was waiting to pick up food. and i still have a shelf of unread books to tackle.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah I bought 3 of the Kindle Daily Deal books like 3 hours into the new year lol. I may have to make an exception for those, I'll never have the willpower to resist a book I want for 2 bucks.

i dont bother listing bundle games on backloggery

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

elf help book posted:

i dont bother listing bundle games on backloggery

I do because I must be honest with my backloggery

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I do because I must be honest with my backloggery

you should be honest with yourself and ask if youll ever play them

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I put everything I own in my backlog, including MP-only games (null status). I also rate every game I beat. I wish there was a nifty Backloggery app

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Die playing video

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

First game of 2017: Ori and the Blind Forest

nice

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

elf help book posted:

you should be honest with yourself and ask if youll ever play them

My backlog is insane and I'm probably never getting to half of it, I accepted this long ago

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
ok no I thought of a better one: im going to try and beat jetstream sam on Very Hard with the -5 wooden sword. I tried doing this like 3 years ago and it took 20 minutes of flawless play to get him to like 2/3rds health. This year, it's going to zero...! (his health)

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

1080p[\u] rofl :xd:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Finish Chrono Trigger and at least one Final Fantasy game

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Can I recommend Final Fantasy Tactics (with some form of difficulty mod).

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'll probably play that at some point but I mean a mainline FF for this resolution

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

1080p[\u] rofl :xd:

lmao

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I#'m going to become a famous gaming streamer.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What game?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I would like to have 15 concurrent viewers someday but that's my only streaming aspiration, as of now.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

haven't thought about that yet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wrong thread but hell, there it is.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I don't think a mouse wheel is supposed to glow that brightly.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I don't think a mouse wheel is supposed to glow that brightly.

Mine does. bright blue

Soral
May 30, 2009

the better you are at video games the brighter your mouse wheel glows

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

my gaming goal for 2016 of completing more games failed so completely that im too depresed to make a similar pledge

instead i vow to get the Nintendo Switch in the year 2017 and drown myself in glorious games

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I want to get back into map games but the thought of buying all the dlc, music packs and unit packs I've missed out on is making me want to puke. Not to mention having to buy hoi4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I want to get back into map games but the thought of buying all the dlc, music packs and unit packs I've missed out on is making me want to puke. Not to mention having to buy hoi4.

i stopped playing these games because the dlc only goes on sale for 60% off instead of 75% off

• Locked thread