Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We were supposed to do a video for German I one time with 4 people. When teams were assigned one of our teammates wasn’t there and we never saw him again, then another guy vanished never to be seen again. So the instructor cut down the time we needed to hit.

The most miserable project was in an Anthro class. 4 people on a team for the entire semester. Professor was a disorganized mess who I have no idea how he ever got a PHD. He wanted us to collaborate with some students in Mexico. Which could have worked except their class was only half a semester long, in a different field (Environmental Studies), worth fewer credits, and pass/fail. The rest of my team did do stuff, but most of them were dumb. They got mad at me for the editing job on our initial video not looking great. I couldn’t exactly help that they couldn’t hold a camera straight. I was so happy to never deal with any of them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Casimir Radon posted:

Community college had too many people there who were just killing time till their parents kicked them out.

I feel attacked.

I had no real plans to go to real college after CC, so after three years of half assing engineering classes and being one class away from an associates I said gently caress it and into the military I went

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The prof I had for both my initial 300 level management class and the capstone class had a great grading system for group projects. He gave your project its own grade. Then you got to rank the contributions of your 3 teammates; you had 300 points to use, and could rank them from 80-110. This is how he came to your individual grade. So teams that had a deadbeat but overcame it actually got better grades than an equivalent project where everyone contributed.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Heads up for anyone who potentially wants to sign up for the STEM extension for Post 9/11 GI Bill, the VA website is wrong. The website says "if you have 6 months or less of your Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits left" and I have 4 months 11 days left, so great, I should apply for it. I do that, and I get my award letter and it says I have to start using it within 6 months of the award date. It doesn't say that anywhere on the VA page about it. So now I'm in the great position of do I just pay the 3500 tuition for my summer classes so I will have enough GI Bill to last me until Spring when I plan to graduate, or do I just use the GI Bill for the summer and then reapply for the STEM thing in the fall and hope I get it again.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Anyone else not get an enrollment verification message for this month?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Didn’t get one at the end of April or May. System seems to be working very well.

Funkysock
Aug 8, 2011

Clapping Larry
Came here to ask about the enrollment texts. I guess this is still broken then?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I got mine at like 4pm my time yesterday. Tight.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I got an email saying to expect a text, but still no text, and still no money for May.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Got my text after the money

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Left field-ish question, if you're taking a late start class that is the same number of units as the full term class, does that result in reduced BAH over the course of the term vs if you take the course over the full term? I.e. I'm taking 8 semester units with one class being late start, am I losing out on money being in the 8 units september to december versus august to december for all 8? Hope I worded that cogently enough there...

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
You'll get BAH only for the dates your class covers. Though, if your advisor doesn't check the block that your class has non-standard dates I guess you could end up getting the full quarter/semester of BAH.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Thanks figured why not walk the dog on this one since I couldn't find any particularly clear info

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
iirc I got BAH just for the term that the credit was applied to when I had non-standard class dates.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Despite having been in secondary school for almost longer than k-12 and the fact that my grades literally do not matter at my level, I still get mad at myself when I don’t know how to solve a problem on an exam.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

registered for the MCAT in january. oh boy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

maffew buildings posted:

registered for the MCAT in january. oh boy.

Goonspeed, sir. You're gonna crush it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

all I have to do is stop using my brain thoughts and I'll improve my score by 10 to 15% since, per diagnostics and practice, my biggest issue is not going with my gut when I know an answer but can't explain why. I hope to, one day as an attending physician, use this same system

let's get real though we all dealt with military physicians if those dumb dumb's can get an MD or DO and licensed than any of us sure as gently caress can

edit: the testing center is down the street from the truck stop we used en route to Ft Hunter Liggett so I can stop there for snacky treats post test for old times sake

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 27, 2022