Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Safety Dance posted:

I hate this so much. Not only did she write a non-answer, but her non-answer is "get defensive and never grow up".

And nonsensical nerd references that don't make any sense when put together, like trying to make a cake by dumping all the still boxed ingredients in a plastic bowl then putting the bowl on a burner on high heat

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Peter Pan isn't even a loving nerd reference for God's sake might as well have said set phasers to stun use the force and be Some Pig

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I feel so proud and good about myself for not getting that particular reference

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Selachian posted:

Okay, so Piro would rather admit to robbing a vending machine than going into a girl's room?

For this particular girl yes I'd rather admit to robbery than have people think I stuck my dick in that

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Holy gently caress

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
God 2001 Dick Tracy is a monumental rear end in a top hat

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Isn't the Dick Tracy artist a huge furry

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Kennel posted:

I applaud Intelligent Life for making the female character as infuriating as the guys.

You've read LuAnn and 9 Chickweed Lane and Sally Forth and Mary Worth. It's not uncommon.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

dismas posted:

5 bucks in April 1944 is about $69 today

Nice

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I thought Pops and Archie's dad were different people

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Ms Boods posted:

I had most of the Foob collections when they originally came out; I do'nt remember this one at all. (Hasn't she been plugging in completely new retro-strips amongst the originals?)

She was, but then her syndicate realized what a spectacular waste of money it was and just runs the original strips with the occasional seat belt edited in

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Fffffffffffffuck offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ZeeToo posted:

That's a real, specific guy.

It's thousands of real, specific guys

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Safety Dance posted:

Shouldn't Aunt May be about 50 years old, not 800?

That's accurate to how she looked last time I read comics in 1969

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Vargo posted:

[Baby Blues

Ew.

Ewwwwwww I don't want my morning funnies to make me think about old people's anythings throbbing

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The guy gets amnesia but through sperginess figures out he's a terrorist stuck in the aftermath of his terrorism attack motivated by the government killing his wife and sacrifices himself to save the life of somebody else who was stuck next to him

Please don't bring this garbage into this garbage thread

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 6, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The Zits guy absolutely understands that he's writing a fetish comic by this point right

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean even for as much poo poo as other comic strips get about being formulaic Zits is literally just teens eat teens lazy and mother is in love with son

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Slammy posted:

Dick Tracy (August, 2001, click for big)

Well, yeah

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

SomeMathGuy posted:

Not sure. All I know about Gustavo Rodriguez is he's a political cartoonist with a good style

Whoa, I wouldn't be so hasty saying that

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Just shut the gently caress up Pastis

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

mastersord posted:

The odds are higher on it being not Peter Griffin.

1) She has the cleavage of a 60-year old or a weird double mastectomy.
2) So Nazi-loving Gam-gam is dead?

She got married to the nazi and went to live in his lovely villa in Argentina I think

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Shut the gently caress up Reddick

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It should've been your loving fat head Bernice
It should've been your loving fat head

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So are strips like Baby Blues and Foob and Marvin and the like meant to be a "oh man isn't having kids wacky, look how the funnies commiserate with me" thing or a "HOLY gently caress DON'T HAVE KIDS DON'T HAVE KIDS THEY'RE loving AWFUL DEMONS RUN AWAY GET TIED AND SNIPPED" thing

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life - Since May 6th, excluding Sundays, all but two strips have started with "So,"

Since the day it started, all strips have loving sucked

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
How long has this Intelligent Life arc been?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Wait so Gunther who we are supposed to like sees Tiffany as a true friend but we're supposed to hate that loving bitch rear end in a top hat but if St. Gunthy likes her how are we supposed to hate her this is so confusing

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Vargo posted:

Baby Blues

loving Christ no wonder her kids take every chance to make her life miserable

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is "long distance carrier" still a thing?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Ah yes, antisemitism as delicately tackled by the furry drawn and written Dick Tracey

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
You're loving making GBS threads me

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Who is that new Peter Griffin esque character in intelligent life

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Why does coffyhead drink from out of a saucer?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

catlord posted:

There are three rocks on the lamp in the very first panel that disappear in the second. What was Bushmiller's reasoning for having three rocks again? I remember it had a solid reason for establishing a scene or something.

Two rocks is a pair of rocks, four rocks is a bunch of rocks. Three rocks is three rocks.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Shut uuuuuuup Judge Parker

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Johnny Walker posted:

I doubt I would wear it, but I do like that "I :h: TEXTING" shirt.

F Minus

Mary Worth

I think you can actually say you love your wife out loud. It's OK to do that. It shouldn't be a huge step for you.

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

A gay, in my Funnies page?

And no way in hell are the Mary Worth people wanting me to root for dipshit there, are they?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Kennel posted:

Out of all possible outcomes, that... would actually be the least terrible.

Most likely outcome at this point is that the mangeek is a no show and they just dance around a long distance relationship because comic strips are terrible and comic strips headed by an insufferable nerd who I would not hesitate to dump his books are even worse

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And the last time this idiot did North Korea gags was around the time they held that scary as hell military parade touting all the bombs and poo poo that if actually worked would pretty much mean the end of the world

So somebody please tell this stupid idiot to stop with the N Korea poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
13 years? It's only been posted in these threads for like 2 iterations of it, no?

• Locked thread