Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
The one thing that I actually like about Retail and find moderately insightful is that the main cast only sticks around because they're effectively trapped in the job. Especially in comparison to Dilbert, where the main cast doesn't change because they're trapped in an eternal business hell created by the mind of an abandoned and starving Garfield.

Kid Fenris posted:

I don't mind Retail because it usually has sense enough to punch upward. It's a nice counterweight to smug garbage like Dustin, Dilbert, and the duck comic we don't post here.

OK, the two thing I like about Retail is that Feuti doesn't make strawman characters based on his critics so he can depict them as shrill idiot neckbeards, because if he did I'd be so toast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Yeah that Dustin just refuses to grow up or strive to establish a life of his own, as evidenced by never going to work or out on dates.

It's a shame that time doesn't progress in this strip, and Dustin's sister will remain a golden child high schooler forever, sheltered from the vicissitudes of even this sanitized, fictional "real world."

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

So they've just given up on having an actual plot and just want an excuse to draw animals, right? How the hell is this going to connect to the hunters in Africa?

Join me in my ancient song, "James Allen Didn't Draw Any of Those Animals."

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm pretty sure someone called this ages ago. Also, what the hell is with those expressions in the last panel? Are they realizing that their own relationships are just as shallow?

I called it, as a joke, to say his storytelling is lovely and repetitive. But here we all are anyway.

And I agree that the idea is probably "he likes fashion and hairdressing, so he's MEGA gay," but keep in mind that Brooke has (more than once, iirc) written an explicitly gay-not-bi male character in a sexual relationship with a woman, so nothing's off the table yet in the terrible world of 9CL.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

That's a primo Feuti face.

I've come to the realization that Val (on the right in that comic) is his idea of an elaborate character design.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Safety Dance posted:

That's a neat pitcher full of latte.

You mean Rich Chocolate Ovaltine Malted Dairy Drink Beverage? I can't get over it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOzPKM02QBs

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

Never change, Gocomics.

Holy macaroni.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Savidudeosoo posted:

It had a three-season television spin-off, it can't be THAT bad. At least, not any worse than Chickweed Lane or Working Daze.

WuMo is contaminated waste, and its continuing publication is proof that humanity's self-inflicted end is both inevitable and deserved.

Darthemed posted:

Has this been cross-posted to the politoons thread yet? I'd do it, but I'm a few thousand posts behind in that thread.

Don't you loving dare, it's bad enough in there lately.

Mister Mind posted:

Also, WuMo is poo poo; don't post it please.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

SuperKlaus posted:

I mean, Working Daze, 9 Chickweed Lane, though. Super Fun Pak's kind of poo poo too because it doesn't seem to have jokes beyond pissing on the concept of comic strips. "Just Post" is the rule for better or for worse.

WuMo is the nadir of lazy wackiness.

wikipedia posted:

For a period, humans portrayed in the comic wore no clothes. According to the comic's website, Morgenthaler "was fed up with the tiresome meticulousness of drawing clothes on people so he just stopped doing it." Sometimes, when the situation called for a specific outfit to denote a specific role, humans would appear clothed. Lately characters have all started to appear fully clothed, and older comics have been edited to add clothes.

Half the punchlines back then were "a weeeeird penis!!" fyi:

Just the dumbest, most basic "what if the Terminator . . . had gross balls??" poo poo. They're more PG-rated now that they're globally syndicated, but are still incapable of spending more than two seconds to come up with a joke. WuMo is the best argument for the reality of Hell, and Satan.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Johnny Aztec posted:

Now I want to see this comic

That's the point; you don't have to. You've already gotten more out of it than WuMo could give.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Cool, all this shitbox wumo talk means I get to post my edit again!

Please don't remind me that Ginger Meggs exists.

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 16, 2017

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Could I request the addition or replacement of Wumo with a little strip known as Oh Baby?

Jagger please today has been a very trying day for me here in the Children's Funnypages Thread

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Calaveron posted:

Why are you posting Wumo

I thought people were crystal clear that it is worthless garbage even worse than modern Nancy and that other comic strip with the horrible nerds.

Please stop at once.

I have the suspicion my sage warnings have been taken somewhat less than seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Johnny Walker posted:

Wumo, Oh Baby, and Herb and Jamaal, all suddenly reappearing in the comic strip thread. What has happened to this world?

Accelerationism.

Savidudeosoo posted:

I've come to adore Wumbo, like a misshapen special-needs child that Facebook can't enough of. I will continue to post it in hopes that one day it will be accepted, if not loved, by all.

Ok I'm out. Thanks for the years of comics everyone, we'll always have "BOXCAR!"

• Locked thread