Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd expect a cannibal from Pirahna Club but Bizarro is supposed to be better than that! Not by a whole lot, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
9CL got started as a slightly more highbrow Luann. Now it's the author's less NSFW wank material with Pibgorn featuring the worse stuff.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

With a battle cry like that I can assume the former coach was James Allen.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Selachian posted:

Wait, if Intelligent Life was really set in RI, wouldn't Barry have his lips permanently affixed to Tom Brady's rear end instead of being a Colts/Peyton fanboy?

He could be an immigrant from down south. I don't know how he'd survive going up the I-95 though.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Andorra posted:

Yeah I'd been meaning to ask, Weren't they the same height at one point? What is that man doing to himself?

Phil from Nancy has been stealing height and muscle from the older comic strip characters. It's the perfect crime really, the only people who might notice or care would be nerdy shut-ins.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hmm, Pibgorn is dressed French, Brooke McGams has a Nazi Germany kink. What are the odds she bones all the Nazi Germans as a part of her work in the French Resistance?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I liked that family circus.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Didn't PHB kill off Ted a few weeks ago?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

The Brown Derby isn't there anymore Funky Winkerbean god get your poo poo together.

There are none left in Los Angeles but there are a few in Ohio and is one in Florida. So they would have to be in Florida? But filming is going on in Los Angeles.

You know where he should have had them walk by fondly? One of the old-school Jewish delis. They've been around since before Hollywood and if anything will outlive Hollywood they will. Because the food is delicious.

Edit:
Let's go with Canter's. It's still open. And the sign and the location screams "Los Angeles" more than any restaurant that's been closed since the 1970's.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 11, 2017

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Transmodiar posted:

Canter's is terrible. Objectively terrible.

My memories of it are admittedly colored by a couple of great times eating there with acquaintances after catching shows at Largo.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

indecent exposure

The fact that he went out without a hat couldn't have helped.

http://thedollop.libsyn.com/129-straw-hat-riot

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Okay, I can't be the only one upset about the Museum of Monster Tolerance joke right? I mean, the Museum of Tolerance's message amounts to "Genocide is bad!" They even have a section where you walk thru a simulated gas chamber. So to invoke the Museum of Tolerance's name for such a crappy joke...

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I for one applaud Gilchrist for pandering to an old and out of touch population with music references instead of taking the more popular "those drat millennials and their political correctness"-style approach. And give him the finger for everything else.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There've been worse ways to remember MLK. There's a company that sells military Lego-style kits. They called Martin Luther King a fighter for civil rights and gave a discount on their wares in his honor. The discount also includes all their Vietnam War stuff.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Nancy needs to learn that there are no pizza rules. And as such, there is no god.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've got it! Brooke want's to write a dramatic soap opera but the only things he understands about them is that they feature sex.

Also, Bernice fails at the Incident Command System.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mercury Hat posted:

I haven't been paying attention to this strip, but these caught my eye. Was it common for police to have their own airplanes and get in dogfights somewhere :crossarms: ?

Maybe in the tv/movie serials?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I know that there isn't a plugin to block Brooke's comic but I'd appreciate it if one were invented.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Luann mindfuck option. It's Aaron, smart black girl, and aussie dude.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone ever made an edit saying "gently caress YOU" or "gently caress OFF" directed to Brooke McEldowny? I want to have one handy for the inevitable "plot developments" for his new storylines.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This gets how I feel about certain comics across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmcyUnMroLM

If they replaced "liar" with "piece of crap" it'd be perfect!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would Scott Adams care if he were called out of touch with tech? I know he's fine with having horrible views.

I mean, nobody makes clunky metal humanoid robots. I know that was the big thing back when he last worked in an office. I.e., during the Reagan/H.W. Bush years. But now human looking robots are designed to look like people. Or they're boxy plastic things used as people movers because Japan doesn't want to import foreign caregivers.

Meanwhile, AIs like Watson are boxy computers with a screen and an interface. Which works just fine because you can just send a message to it and it'll answer the question no matter where it was asked

He's not funny, his technical references are more dated than Family Matters, just quit already.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
On Friday, Sluggo watches an unlabeled tape. It's starts off with a static shot of a well. Then the lights go off...

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, the smartest hired goon in any form of media ever

I'm giving the smartest goon title to Tyler Two, from the Captain Laserbeam segment of Thrilling Adventure Hour. By the end of the series he proved his ability to go pro as a villain. But he just wants the cash that henching provides. And to be a docent at a museum.

https://soundcloud.com/thrilling-adventure-hour/tah-36-captain-laserbeam

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is it possible that Pibgorn is in reruns because the editor didn't realize how pervy the latest batch of comics were until it was too late to ask for rewrites? So we'll be in rerun land until things are rewritten?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was a few hundred posts behind but I've caught up: I even think I found the song that Sally and Ted sang as a duet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43dYg_Kuc0

I don't know how the karaoke people turned this into a duet but they found a way!

quote:

My reaction to every comic by Mike Lester, Brooke, Gilchrist, and all the other horrible hacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIMrFpnfvyI

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
"Oh no, I didn't have a bad dream because of the opiates and booze, it was definitely the midnight snack"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Dustin's dad clearly knows his place. He's only rich enough to push around inferiors. Which is family or anyone earning less than 50k per year. This obviously excludes the people working for the wealthy*.

His social awareness and his definitely middle-class status makes him relatable to the public and beloved by all.

*Unless he's been legitimately inconvenienced, or he has the employers permission.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Okay, two things about the Sunday comics.

First off, Shylock Fox. The answer is the painting is a forgery because the lighting and shadows are off. If the painting was done by Kinkade than little details like that wouldn't bother him. In fact, you could tell it's not a Kinkade if the artist paid attention to those details.

Second, Tina's Groove. Goatface asked about the smokestacks at the three-story WalMart stand-in. Clearly, these were the FEMA death camps built under Walmarts by Obama. They're now getting put to good use by President Trump.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Dustin

To be fair, it is easier for her to use the app to order a venti vanilla cafe latte. Half-caff, half-soy milk and half-whole milk, a shot of decaf espresso, light caramel drizzle, a pump of sugar-free syrup, extra hot, with room to add cream. If I were in line for that sort of order and it kept having to be repeated I'd roll my eyes, but if the app takes care of it than it's all good!

I go with a small, no-coffee vanilla frappuccino. Which may as well be a fake vanilla milkshake.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

I forgot if we had any evidence of the parents being loving.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SomeMathGuy posted:

Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids

He looks like a serial killer who suffocates people in their sleep. Like the bag of cement is actually a heavy pillow.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

Really enjoying Intelligent Life's strong feminist character who literally only talks about her dating life

The comics protagonist is Gary Stu right? He looks like a Gary.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

And then he died.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

WTF? Has Brooke ever actually met a woman?

He has a daughter and I believe she was the inspiration for...I don't even remember her name or know what she does anymore. The inspiration for the wife of Ammos.

Edit: wrong quote at first

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I vote for adding Baby Blues in place of Baldo.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

What are the odds that it's Skip?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Least anatomically correct

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We can't have boomers remembering that rock and roll was invented by negros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Intelligent life feels so insulting it's painful. It's another embodiment of using references in place of humor as if that's entertaining.

• Locked thread